Muhammad Wilkerson

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's part of the reason I had to laugh earlier this week when I saw so many people saying that Mangold was the only player on the team worth keeping. Despite their struggles, it's insane to suggest that Mangold is the only guy on the team worth keeping.

No one is talking about him.

While its too early to send him to the Hall of Fame he seems to be coming of age this season. The last two games he has had momentum changing plays. Two forced fumbles one going for a TD.

Good to see that finally one of the JETS higher picks are panning out.

He has 2 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games.

That's probably why nobody is talking about him.....

BD

He has 2 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games.

No offense man but you can't judge a 3-4 d-lineman like that, it's like judging a baseball player on his batting average and RBI's alone. Sure we would like more sacks but you have to look at the bigger picture.***

***I will definitely take the 3 FF's per 10 games, though.

He's part of the reason I had to laugh earlier this week when I saw so many people saying that Mangold was the only player on the team worth keeping. Despite their struggles, it's insane to suggest that Mangold is the only guy on the team worth keeping.

The Jets have more than a few guys that are worth keeping, Wilkerson being one of them. But when you think about it Mangold and Revis are probably the ONLY players the Jets have who would start for a team like the 49ers.

Wilkerson looks like he's developing. We're noticing him more and more. If he keeps it up, he's going to be a really valuable player. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

I do not know if we were ever close to giving up on him. He has been decent the first half of the season.

But the last two games he has made some BIG time impact plays.

Shaun ellis 2.0. Big games, decent games, games in which he disappears . Still I'll take an Ellis replacement if he can pass rush like the big cat used to. On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

He doesn't really disappear, he's just not a great pass rusher. PFF has him as the 2nd-best 3-4 DE in the league against the run (and he's a lot closer to #1 than he is to #3). He'd look even better if our LBs weren't complete sh*t.

The Jets have more than a few guys that are worth keeping, Wilkerson being one of them. But when you think about it Mangold and Revis are probably the ONLY players the Jets have who would start for a team like the 49ers.

I think Cromartie and Landry could start anywhere. The more I see of Cro, the more it seems like he's overcome his fear of contact, which I never thought we'd see. Keller is better than most starting TE's but not elite. There are others, but those are the most obvious to me.

I do not know if we were ever close to giving up on him. He has been decent the first half of the season.

But the last two games he has made some BIG time impact plays.

Agree. I didn't necessarily mean here, but I have seen some "Wilkerson is a bust" whispers creeping up around the web, particularly in comments sections...admittedly, not much in the last two weeks. ;)

I think Cromartie and Landry could start anywhere. The more I see of Cro, the more it seems like he's overcome his fear of contact, which I never thought we'd see. Keller is better than most starting TE's but not elite. There are others, but those are the most obvious to me.

Pretty much the entire defense is solid except for the LB'ers. I guarantee this defense looks totally different with OLB's who can actually rush the passer or ILB's who can run sideline to sideline and cover.

Keller is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He's not top 20.

All the metrics love Wilkerson and he's looked very good. But he's also been going against some really bad competition.

Why is it so hard for people on this ****ing site to give any credit to a player on the team? When we lose, it's "they suck, cut them all". When we win, it's "the other team sucks". That same team that just played the Niners tough enough to tie them. That same Niners team that beat the sh*t out of the Jets earlier in the year. Wilkerson had a good game. Why does it hurt people so much to admit it? Don't worry, we'll still remember you hate the team.

No offense man but you can't judge a 3-4 d-lineman like that, it's like judging a baseball player on his batting average and RBI's alone. Sure we would like more sacks but you have to look at the bigger picture.***

***I will definitely take the 3 FF's per 10 games, though.

I'm not judging anyone. Just stating the facts.

If he had 10 PDs like JJ Watt, he'd be all the rage. Stats bring shine.....

BD

Why is it so hard for people on this ****ing site to give any credit to a player on the team? When we lose, it's "they suck, cut them all". When we win, it's "the other team sucks". That same team that just played the Niners tough enough to tie them. That same Niners team that beat the sh*t out of the Jets earlier in the year. Wilkerson had a good game. Why does it hurt people so much to admit it?

I don't know why, man. I don't know...

He doesn't really disappear, he's just not a great pass rusher. PFF has him as the 2nd-best 3-4 DE in the league against the run (and he's a lot closer to #1 than he is to #3). He'd look even better if our LBs weren't complete sh*t.

Keyed in on him a lot yesterday, really looks like he's gotten half a step faster around the edge. He still gets caught upright way too often on passing downs though. For a sophomore campaign he's been pretty damn impressive.

Keyed in on him a lot yesterday, really looks like he's gotten half a step faster around the edge. He still gets caught upright way too often on passing downs though. For a sophomore campaign he's been pretty damn impressive.

I actually think Wilkerson is better against the run, but otherwise the Ellis comparisons are dead-on in that the old "sacks come in bunches" cliche rings true for both of them. Somebody (can't remember who) made the astute point that, like Ellis, Wilkerson would probably be a star if he'd played 20 years ago. I still think he can improve against the pass, but he does seem destined for a career in which he makes like eight of those PFF Pro Bowl teams but only two actual Pro Bowls.

No he doesn't. He's HORRIBLE after contact, his hands are just avg and he's not all that athletic. If they give him a big contract after this season they are crazy.

Oh baloney. He's not Kellen WInslow Sr. Other than possibly blocking there is nothing he is horrible at, let alone HORRIBLE. I don't want to give him a big contract, but I don't want to give anybody a big contract and TE is very low on my list of value positions.

Agreed. For last season and most of this he has looked like a solid performer and worthy starter, but nothing special. Sort of like the later career Bryan Thomas. He has really started to pick it up though.

Oh baloney. He's not Kellen WInslow Sr. Other than possibly blocking there is nothing he is horrible at, let alone HORRIBLE. I don't want to give him a big contract, but I don't want to give anybody a big contract and TE is very low on my list of value positions.

I don't think he's broken a tackle in his 4 years with the Jets.

Archived