Muhammad Wilkerson

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interior pass rush strikes me as something that takes a while to learn how to do if the player isn't an athletic freak like Suh. He's already more than solid against the run and I think he's capable of being the type of inside rusher that gets 5-6 sacks a year but ruins a ton more passing plays that don't show up on the stat sheet.

No. I said look up, as in I posted the link in the post above yours......

BD

Gotcha. I missed that at first. I apologize, you were right that 2013 is guaranteed.

But I'm still not sold on how that affects the 2013 cap. Jason's site has a 4.3M hit if cut, which I think is due to the prorated signing bonus.

So my question is, even if guaranteed... does base salary affect the cap, if said player is cut?

They got the Richard Seymour they wanted, a gem of a player;

Brilliant pick, with Coples developing nicely we're looking at having a dominant defensive line for year to come. Now if only we had some ****ing linebackers.

Well, if we're counting Davis and taking into consideration we're stuck with Harris, we only need two! Good thing we'll end up around 8-8 and miss out on the studs in the top ten!

So does guaranteed money left on contract = automatic cap $ if cut? Just wondering how the cap is affected.

The cap value is all guaranteed money due in that "league year", plus any prorated, or accelerated, signing bonus money.

If he had 4 years left, after this year, the signing bonus, for cap reasons, can be prorated for the next 4 years. But if you cut him with 4 years left, his prorated signing bonus is "accelerated" to the current year's cap balance.

His outstanding guaranteed money, throughout those 4 years, would apply to each season going forward as "Dead money", as far as the cap is concerned. "Dead" meaning the player is "dead" to the team, but his cap implications live on.....

You folly?

BD

Gotcha. I missed that at first. I apologize, you were right that 2013 is guaranteed.

But I'm still not sold on how that affects the 2013 cap. Jason's site has a 4.3M hit if cut, which I think is due to the prorated signing bonus.

So my question is, even if guaranteed... does base salary affect the cap, if said player is cut?

You have to look at "Cap Value". His Cap value next year is $12M

The Negative Cap means on top of any guarantees, like the $8M......

BD

yeah whatevs. I never considered myself a diehard fan or have acted like a know it all.

So anyway...

even if guaranteed... does base salary affect the cap, if said player is cut?

If it makes you feel any better I didn't read any of your back and forth.. just saw #'s and a link in one of BD's posts so I assumed he owned you. I guess I was right.

The cap value is all guaranteed money due in that "league year", plus any prorated, or accelerated, signing bonus money.

If he had 4 years left, after this year, the signing bonus, for cap reasons, can be prorated for the next 4 years. But if you cut him with 4 years left, his prorated signing bonus is "accelerated" to the current year's cap balance.

His outstanding guaranteed money, throughout those 4 years, would apply to each season going forward as "Dead money", as far as the cap is concerned. "Dead" meaning the player is "dead" to the team, but his cap implications live on.....

You folly?

BD

Yep. My bad.

On a truly great defense, he's the 3rd best Dlineman on your team (based on his current play). I dont ever see him being a game changer on the Dline, which is what we really need and have not had since Kris Jenkins went down.

But he should be a SOLID player for a long time.

On a truly great defense, he's the 3rd best Dlineman on your team (based on his current play). I dont ever see him being a game changer on the Dline, which is what we really need and have not had since Kris Jenkins went down.

But he should be a SOLID player for a long time.

Hasn't he looked like a "game changer" the past two games? Maybe not against powerhouse teams, but he was tossing bodies. It might just be a blip, but I'm hoping it's his coming out party.

Well, if we're counting Davis and taking into consideration we're stuck with Harris, we only need two! Good thing we'll end up around 8-8 and miss out on the studs in the top ten!

Any way the Jets can trade for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick in this years draft, and the 1st pick for next years draft?

Add Jarvis Jones (Rex's new Suggs), Mante Teo (Rex's new Ray, Ray), Star Lotulelei (Rex's new Ngata), and Clowney next season (Rex's new shiney toy he never had before, but is very, very, very, happy to have), sign Landry (pray he stays healthy), draft a Safety in round 2, plug those guys in with Wilkerson, Colpes, Ellis, Davis, Cro, and Revis, and Rex would finally have his version of the 1985 Bears D!

Ok now this is where someone who has 3 wishes from a genie comes in, and makes this happen lol.

You mean the part where he misses 3 games and 5 starts in his five years with the team? They are like twins.

No, I mean the part where the "planet theory" player doesn't get it done in quite the way we'd hoped. And has knee issues. Robertson cost two firsts and a fourth, not a third, so they aeren't exactly twins. I can be satisfied with a solid contribution from a third rounder. Comparing him to a two-first-and-a-fourth rounder isn't really a knock given his position and cost.

Archived