Colin Kaepernick looks unbelievable

Matt39

Holy crap. Big arm, size. Cant see Smith getting his job back

i still see smith starting. They want to win a super bowl and dont know how throwing a 2nd year player halfway through the year would help.

Alex smith is the definition of manager he does everything you want him to nothing less and nothing more. Kapernick could be the future though for some team

i still see smith starting. They want to win a super bowl and dont know how throwing a 2nd year player halfway through the year would help.

Alex smith is the definition of manager he does everything you want him to nothing less and nothing more. Kapernick could be the future though for some team

Alex Smith, the next Jets QB. Write it down. He's all the ground and pound, 2 inch high ceiling, game manager rex ever wanted to go 9-7 with.

Holy crap. Big arm, size. Cant see Smith getting his job back

All season I was hoping to see the 49ers win the Super Bowl with Alex Smith so the Jets could make a run at kaepernick in the off-season. He was a little raw coming out of college but has all the physical tools and spent 2 years under Harbaugh learning. Now it looks like Smith will be available.

You're right. The 49ers traded up and groomed a QB to trade him away.

Alex Smith's time in San Fran is limited, Super Bowl or not. Probably or not. And when they don't win, Kaepernick will be the starter.

bahaha your view on QBs is astounding. Every team grooms the number 2 QB thus him being a qb on the team. Alex smith is only 28 and if he wins this year it will cement him as the starter for years to come. If that happens there is no reason to have a highly prized backup so you trade him and get better.

Next your gonna tell me that sanchez doesnt suck

bahaha your view on QBs is astounding. Every team grooms the number 2 QB thus him being a qb on the team. Alex smith is only 28 and if he wins this year it will cement him as the starter for years to come. If that happens there is no reason to have a highly prized backup so you trade him and get better.

Next your gonna tell me that sanchez doesnt suck

No. Of course not every team grooms their number 2 QB. Kaepernick is different. They traded up for him, kept him behind the starter to learn and then eased him into some game action here or there. He obviously is talented, and probably moreso than Alex Smith.

If Alex Smith wins a Super Bowl it guarantees nothing as it wouldn't be because of him. If he doesn't, they have an out in his contract after next year.

You don't trade up for a QB in ANY round if you don't want him to be a major part of your future.

I know we have Big Mo Wilkerson, with his 2 sacks and 3 FF this season in 10 games, but check out what Niner Aldon Smith did tonight:

A. Smith 7 5 4.5 4 0 7

I had to cut and paste it, because I couldn't believe his line, and I can only count to 6.....

That's 7 tackles, 5 solo tackles, 4.5 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, and 7 QB Hits.

In ONE game!!

BD

I know we have Big Mo Wilkerson, with his 2 sacks and 3 FF this season in 10 games, but check out what Niner Aldon Smith did tonight:

A. Smith 7 5 4.5 4 0 7

I had to cut and paste it, because I couldn't believe his line, and I can only count to 6.....

That's 7 tackles, 5 solo tackles, 4.5 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, and 7 QB Hits.

In ONE game!!

BD

Smith's Jets comp is Pace, not Wilkerson.

No. Of course not every team grooms their number 2 QB. Kaepernick is different. They traded up for him, kept him behind the starter to learn and then eased him into some game action here or there. He obviously is talented, and probably moreso than Alex Smith.

If Alex Smith wins a Super Bowl it guarantees nothing as it wouldn't be because of him. If he doesn't, they have an out in his contract after next year.

You don't trade up for a QB in ANY round if you don't want him to be a major part of your future.

kap is in his second year and gets playing time in the wildcat? Is that so special? Also i believe they didnt think Smith would be so good when they got kaps.

Alex smith is playing really well i dont get how you think they would just dump him regardless of how well hes playing. That doesnt make sense

Correction:

According to ESPN, they have changed his total to 5.5 sacks tonight, breaking Jared Allen's record of 4.5 on a Monday Night.

His fifth sack forced a fumble. He now has 15 sacks this season, to go with 14 in his rookie season last year.

Here are all 5.5 sacks on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/v.../All-hail-Aldon

BD

Archived