The Niners have 2 Starting QBs, while the Jets can't get one.....

BlackDynamite

http://espn.go.com/n...olin-kaepernick

Jim Harbaugh hinted at a possible quarterback change for the San Francisco 49ers following Colin Kaepernick's impressive performance Monday night against the Chicago Bears.

Kaepernick, who replaced the injured Alex Smith, was outstanding his his first career start, prompting Harbaugh to say that the Niners would "go with the hot hand" next Sunday against theNew Orleans Saints.

"I usually tend to go with the guy that has the hot hand and we have two quarterbacks that have a hot hand," Harbaugh said after Monday's 32-7 victory. "So I thought Colin did an outstanding job. I thought he did a great job, poised in the pocket pushing the ball throwing with accuracy, did a nice job running the game plan. Everything he did was exemplary and really acquitted himself great, very proud of him for that."

Kaepernick, who had played sparingly since being drafted in the second round last year, completed 16 of 23 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns against Chicago's vaunted defense.

"It's everything I could've ever wished for," Kaepernick said. "It feels great just to be out there."

Harbaugh acknowledged he was "impressed" with Kaepernick and dismissed the notion that Smith shouldn't lose his starting job because of an injury.

Best QBR in Debut Since 2008

Kaepernick had the best starting debut in terms of Total QBR by any player over the last five seasons, surpassing the performances of Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III, among others.

Year Player Opponent QBR -- ESPN Stats & Information 2012 Colin Kaepernick Bears 97.5 2012 Robert Griffin III Saints 93.8 2008 Matt Ryan Lions 89.2 2008 Aaron Rodgers Vikings 88.5 2010 Tim Tebow Raiders 84.6

"We'll make that determination as we go, but there's no rule," Harbaugh said.

Smith, who had made 28 consecutive starts, suffered a concussion in last week's tie against theSt. Louis Rams and was ruled out against the Bears after failing to receive clearance from a neurologist.

Harbaugh said that he had already decided to start Kaepernick when Smith, who is ranked third in the NFL with a 104.1 passer rating, still was experiencing headache symptoms as recently as this past Sunday.

Kaepernick was quick to reward Harbaugh for his decision, throwing for 184 yards in the first half alone.

"I think after the first drive I felt really comfortable with what they were doing and what we had in our game plan," Kaepernick said. "I really wasn't too nervous. I've had a lot of time in this offense. My teammates were really supportive."

BD

Harbaugh has no problem COURTING a QB controversy! Smith just starts to figure out how to be a stud QB, misses one game, and loses his job.

NICE!

Kaepernick showed the Jets he can run the Wildcat better than Tebow ever could. Last night, he threw the ball better than tebow did against the Steelers last year.

Someday, the Jets will have a starting QB. Someday......

BD

This is an interesting situation. Smith is the 3rd highest rated QB in the league. And the game he got injured he was absolutely on fire. Better than what Colin did last night. Alex is having a career year and they extended him in the offseason after not pursuing Peyton Manning. lol

Whatever the decision is, I hope it blows up in their face. I ****ing hate Jim Harbaugh.

honestly I wouldn't take Smith over Sanchez. They are both about the same manager types (and please don't put up stats, I know Smith's are better). But neither one is gonna take over the game Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady style.

Colin however is interesting. That guy has real upside to be special .

Give me a break with this garbage.

1 good game does not mean he's a good QB. Matt Flynn and Kevin Colb are being paid just as much as Sanchez to ride the pine.

Bingo.

With that SF defense and running game, any QB who throws the ball 25 times or less can come out looking like roses. The reality is that Harbaugh built the team Rex told us we were getting. Absolutely stifling defense full of studs, and a monster running game that has more talent listed as inactive on game day than the Jets RB corps combined.

Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, LaMichael... wtf.

Harbaugh has no problem COURTING a QB controversy! Smith just starts to figure out how to be a stud QB, misses one game, and loses his job.

NICE!

Kaepernick showed the Jets he can run the Wildcat better than Tebow ever could. Last night, he threw the ball better than tebow did against the Steelers last year.

Someday, the Jets will have a starting QB. Someday......

BD

Clown show.

http://espn.go.com/n...olin-kaepernick

Jim Harbaugh hinted at a possible quarterback change for the San Francisco 49ers following Colin Kaepernick's impressive performance Monday night against the Chicago Bears.

Kaepernick, who replaced the injured Alex Smith, was outstanding his his first career start, prompting Harbaugh to say that the Niners would "go with the hot hand" next Sunday against theNew Orleans Saints.

"I usually tend to go with the guy that has the hot hand and we have two quarterbacks that have a hot hand," Harbaugh said after Monday's 32-7 victory. "So I thought Colin did an outstanding job. I thought he did a great job, poised in the pocket pushing the ball throwing with accuracy, did a nice job running the game plan. Everything he did was exemplary and really acquitted himself great, very proud of him for that."

Kaepernick, who had played sparingly since being drafted in the second round last year, completed 16 of 23 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns against Chicago's vaunted defense.

"It's everything I could've ever wished for," Kaepernick said. "It feels great just to be out there."

Harbaugh acknowledged he was "impressed" with Kaepernick and dismissed the notion that Smith shouldn't lose his starting job because of an injury.

Best QBR in Debut Since 2008

Kaepernick had the best starting debut in terms of Total QBR by any player over the last five seasons, surpassing the performances of Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III, among others.

Year Player Opponent QBR -- ESPN Stats & Information 2012 Colin Kaepernick Bears 97.5 2012 Robert Griffin III Saints 93.8 2008 Matt Ryan Lions 89.2 2008 Aaron Rodgers Vikings 88.5 2010 Tim Tebow Raiders 84.6

"We'll make that determination as we go, but there's no rule," Harbaugh said.

Smith, who had made 28 consecutive starts, suffered a concussion in last week's tie against theSt. Louis Rams and was ruled out against the Bears after failing to receive clearance from a neurologist.

Harbaugh said that he had already decided to start Kaepernick when Smith, who is ranked third in the NFL with a 104.1 passer rating, still was experiencing headache symptoms as recently as this past Sunday.

Kaepernick was quick to reward Harbaugh for his decision, throwing for 184 yards in the first half alone.

"I think after the first drive I felt really comfortable with what they were doing and what we had in our game plan," Kaepernick said. "I really wasn't too nervous. I've had a lot of time in this offense. My teammates were really supportive."

BD

Wow. He beat some impressive guys out there.

Bingo.

With that SF defense and running game, any QB who throws the ball 25 times or less can come out looking like roses. The reality is that Harbaugh built the team Rex told us we were getting. Absolutely stifling defense full of studs, and a monster running game that has more talent listed as inactive on game day than the Jets RB corps combined.

How many of those guys were there before he got there? Gore, Willis, Vernon Davis, Bowman. He didn't "build" that, he made it work. Doesn't seem like paying Jacobs and drafting James would indicate he was a great team builder.

"We'd rather draft a WR who can't catch instead....." - Rex Ryan

BD

the Jets took Mo Wilkerson at 30. Colin goes 36. They have no 2nd round pick that year and pick up Ellis in the 3rd. I'm not sure when they would have drafted Colin. At 30?

Maybe they were looking at him to slide into the bottom of the top 100.

Gore, Hunter, Crabtree, Moss, Manninghame, Williams, and Vernon Davis will make many QBs look very good.

Will be interesting to see it play out though.

I see a lot of people can't wait to knock down his game last night, which most of you obviously didn't watch.

His passes last night were butter! Steve Young couldn't stop gushing about the kid. His game was tight, especially for a national MNF game, his first ever as the starting QB. Couldn't be more impressive......

BD

Bingo.

Not sure how many players are left from the Singletary years but either way, when you're picking top 10 for 10 straight years, you're probably going to find some talent.

honestly I wouldn't take Smith over Sanchez. They are both about the same manager types (and please don't put up stats, I know Smith's are better). But neither one is gonna take over the game Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady style.

Colin however is interesting. That guy has real upside to be special .

Well when Smith needed to in last years playoffs he certainly out dueled Drew Brees. They are a balanced football team something difficult for some here to grasp. They dont have to throw the ball all over the yard to win. They can play defense and run it down your throat and do just fine.

Well when Smith needed to in last years playoffs he certainly out dueled Drew Brees. They are a balanced football team something difficult for some here to grasp. They dont have to throw the ball all over the yard to win. They can play defense and run it down your throat and do just fine.

Memories.

To have a good qb, you not only have to be able to spot the talent in the player, but also be able to develop that talent.

Does anybody trust Cavanaugh or God forbid Sparano in developing a pure QB?

Shotty Cavanaugh Sparano Rex = Mark Sanchez .. Throw in some drunks, criminals and malcontents and you have the grand package of bullsh*t that this kid has had to deal with since being drafted by this cluster**** of an organization. Sure now he sucks and never really Improved but he showed signs throughout his 4 years here and they never seemd to get developed biggest issue being turnovers. I would be willing to bet If Peyton Manning lost his mind and came to this team his career would have ended since we probably would not even had the money to sign such stellar beasts as jason hill and chaz shiliens. But hey he would have had the incredible dissapearing TE Dustin Keller to throw too and a few RB's who can't catch.

Shotty Cavanaugh Sparano Rex = Mark Sanchez ..

if that were true, why does Mark Sanchez make 10 mil a year while those 4 guys combined make maybe 2? It's like blaming the hitting coach at AA for not developing a first round pick in baseball. At a certain point the talent has to deliver. And actually... if Mark plays every week like the STL game that would be great.

Shotty Cavanaugh Sparano Rex = Mark Sanchez .. Throw in some drunks, criminals and malcontents and you have the grand package of bullsh*t that this kid has had to deal with since being drafted by this cluster**** of an organization. Sure now he sucks and never really Improved but he showed signs throughout his 4 years here and they never seemd to get developed biggest issue being turnovers. I would be willing to bet If Peyton Manning lost his mind and came to this team his career would have ended since we probably would not even had the money to sign such stellar beasts as jason hill and chaz shiliens. But hey he would have had the incredible dissapearing TE Dustin Keller to throw too and a few RB's who can't catch.

I'm 100% sure his penchant for turning the ball over has everything to do with coaching and development. I'm sure they encourage him to throw it to the other team and nobody has ever stressed to him the importance of taking care of the ball.

I'm 100% sure his penchant for turning the ball over has everything to do with coaching and development. I'm sure they encourage him to throw it to the other team and nobody has ever stressed to him the importance of taking care of the ball.

Not saying hes not to blame as well, because he is, and its not even so much the interceptons as it is the constant fumbles. He holds the ball too long and rather than throw the ball away he makes bad throws and gets hit as well. If no ones open dump the ball, period . When the team executes like they did last sunday hes plays well, when they dont he plays terrible. Two very bad things Sanchez does is not throw the ball away EVER, and fumble. Im not sure how the hell he got into that habit but its not getting corrected. I do think the Receivers on this team are horrific and they have played a part in why hes played so bad this year when he should have been breaking out and I think thats a shame tbh. Hes one of the few QB's in the NFL that does not have a reliable WR he can throw the ball to and trust he will fight for the ball. Keller is a pussy and wont even extend for balls not thrown in his chest the guy has the worst case of alligator arms Ive ever seen. The only reliable receiver Sanchez has is Jeremy Kerley and thats about it. Problem is hes small and a slot guy.

I remember when Parcells was on the sidelines if the QB did something stupid he was in their face and they learned quickly enough . I would like to see a damn coach get in his face for once see if that lights a fire under his ass.

Not saying hes not to blame as well, because he is, and its not even so much the interceptons as it is the constant fumbles. He holds the ball too long and rather than throw the ball away he makes bad throws and gets hit as well. If no ones open dump the ball, period . When the team executes like they did last sunday hes plays well, when they dont he plays terrible. Two very bad things Sanchez does is not throw the ball away EVER, and fumble. Im not sure how the hell he got into that habit but its not getting corrected. I do think the Receivers on this team are horrific and they have played a part in why hes played so bad this year when he should have been breaking out and I think thats a shame tbh. Hes one of the few QB's in the NFL that does not have a reliable WR he can throw the ball to and trust he will fight for the ball. Keller is a pussy and wont even extend for balls not thrown in his chest the guy has the worst case of alligator arms Ive ever seen. The only reliable receiver Sanchez has is Jeremy Kerley and thats about it. Problem is hes small and a slot guy.

I remember when Parcells was on the sidelines if the QB did something stupid he was in their face and they learned quickly enough . I would like to see a damn coach get in his face for once see if that lights a fire under his ass.

Have no idea what that has to do with being developed to turn the ball over...but Sanchez sucks.

Hey he actually recovered his own fumble this week. Can;t teach that sh*t. Tis a gift.

The Jets took Sanchez for motives other than winning football games, put trust into a kid with 16 college starts, handed him over to guys like Brian Schottenheimer and Matt Cavanaugh, dont draft offense and we're wondering why the offense blows.

The two title games were obviously fun at the time, but the approach this organization took when the brought in Rex was throwing sh*t against the wall....it wasnt sustainable. Short term great, but you have to invest in offense and surround the QB with guys who can play. Regardless of how bad you thin Sanchez is(he's pretty bad) it wasnt exactly an optimal situation for a QB with basically no experience to step into and start from day 1. The two sides of the ball have been going in different directions for the past 4 years.

Archived