So... the Steelers seem desperate

Integrity28

Look at the injuries on this team. They are going to be playing with Charlie Batch and Brian Hoyer next week, they have 3 RBs none of whom has played 2 consecutive weeks this year without getting some sort of minor injury, they just had to sign Plaxico to replace Antonio Brown, they are without a number of defensive players that matter...

Finally they seem like maybe the injuries are just going to be too much for them, and they'll fall out of contention for one of the playoff spots we usually expect them to nab. Then again, they still held Baltimore's offense to 13, so who knows what to really expect... maybe they will still be able to make the playoffs.

While we lost Holmes and Revis and our season was basically over in like week 4. Wow.

Somewhere in this there's a great story about drafting, depth, coaching and player development.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the injuries on this team. They are going to be playing with Charlie Batch and Brian Hoyer next week, they have 3 RBs none of whom has played 2 consecutive weeks this year without getting some sort of minor injury, they just had to sign Plaxico to replace Antonio Brown, they are without a number of defensive players that matter...

Finally they seem like maybe the injuries are just going to be too much for them, and they'll fall out of contention for one of the playoff spots we usually expect them to nab. Then again, they still held Baltimore's offense to 13, so who knows what to really expect... maybe they will still be able to make the playoffs.

While we lost Holmes and Revis and our season was basically over in like week 4. Wow.

Somewhere in this there's a great story about drafting, depth, coaching and player development.

Leadership, organizational philosophy and conviction can do a lot for an organization

I don't think our season was over in week 4 - I think it ended in week 7 when Stephen Hill dropped that pass that we needed to win the New England game. It's amazing that it may all come down to that one play.

EVEN with the brutal losses against Miami and Seattle, even if they went down exactly as they did... had we won that one game, we'd be 5-5 right now, and as crazy as it sounds, this game on Thanksgiving would be Pats @ Jets for the division lead.

I don't think our season was over in week 4 - I think it ended in week 7 when Stephen Hill dropped that pass that we needed to win the New England game. It's amazing that it may all come down to that one play.

EVEN with the brutal losses against Miami and Seattle, even if they went down exactly as they did... had we won that one game, we'd be 5-5 right now, and as crazy as it sounds, this game on Thanksgiving would be Pats @ Jets for the division lead.

If we beat the Pats and then they lose and we win the following week, same no?

There's actually a lot of football left. If Rex finds a way to win out, I'll never say a negative thing about the guy again. It all comes down to the defense playing more like they did AFTER the Rams opening drive, and less like they did on the opening drive.... and Sanchez.

Week 1

If we beat the Pats and then they lose and we win the following week, same no?

Close, but not exactly, because if we win the 1st game then we're playing for a series sweep against them, giving us a commanding tiebreaker. In this case, we're playing for a 1-1 split and it will all come down to overall division wins.

That would still be very good though.

There's actually a lot of football left. If Rex finds a way to win out, I'll never say a negative thing about the guy again. It all comes down to the defense playing more like they did AFTER the Rams opening drive, and less like they did on the opening drive.... and Sanchez.

Yep

Color me unimpressed with anything the Steelers have done. They've beat 1 team with a winning record this season. They lost their best player to injury and proceeded to follow that up with a loss, no different than the Jets.

If the Jets had Big Ben, what would our record be and how many SB's would we have won with Rex Ryan?

I always sit and cry when I think what may have happen if Favre never hurt his shoulder and stayed for those two years as well. Very sad. Almost as sad as the pictures of his nasty white peen.

Favre was never staying. It was always a 1 year situation, unfortunately... though I share the same dream, what if?

Color me unimpressed with anything the Steelers have done. They've beat 1 team with a winning record this season. They lost their best player to injury and proceeded to follow that up with a loss, no different than the Jets.

If the Jets had Big Ben, what would our record be and how many SB's would we have won with Rex Ryan?

Steelers with Big Ben, Dick LeBeau, and Steelers personnel department re-stocking that defense every year >>>>>>>> anything involving the Jets, Rex and adding Big Ben.

Steelers lost more than their best player too. They lost most of their starters for parts or all of this season. Polamalu on the sideline last night was more the equivalent of Revis being out, than Ben being out. The reality is the Jets never had a Ben. We lost Revis and Holmes and turned terrible. The Steelers were without Polamalu, Antonio Brown, Ben, Woodley and others and has 3 nicked up mediocre RBs and almost beat the Ravens their division rival.

Their depth >>>> ours.

Steelers with Big Ben, Dick LeBeau, and Steelers personnel department re-stocking that defense every year >>>>>>>> anything involving the Jets, Rex and adding Big Ben.

Steelers lost more than their best player too. They lost most of their starters for parts or all of this season. Polamalu on the sideline last night was more the equivalent of Revis being out, than Ben being out. The reality is the Jets never had a Ben. We lost Revis and Holmes and turned terrible. The Steelers were without Polamalu, Antonio Brown, Ben, Woodley and others and has 3 nicked up mediocre RBs and almost beat the Ravens their division rival.

Their depth >>>> ours.

Never said different. Just said I'm not impressed with the fact the only half way decent team they've beat this year in the Giants. Jets, Eagles, Bengals, Deadskins and the Chiefs, at home, in overtime. Sorry. Those arent impressive wins.

Polamalu is overrated.

And again, you can make up for those injuries, with a QB. This is something people dont understand around here. You can overcome adversity, injuries, moving parts, attrition, etc with a great QB.

People want to separate Sanchez from Ryan, like Ryan had noting to do with the decision in drafting Sanchez, like he has no say in his playing time, or had no input on the decision to extend his contract.

Honestly, I don't see Rex Ryan winning any SB's with even the most talented teams. Rarely do we see Rex game plan uniquely for different opponents in a sequences run. It seems like he can maybe get up for one big game (See Patriots 2 years ago), and comes up empty the next week.

When has Rex last beaten a good team? Was it that Patriots game?

People want to separate Sanchez from Ryan, like Ryan had noting to do with the decision in drafting Sanchez, like he has no say in his playing time, or had no input on the decision to extend his contract.

Honestly, I don't see Rex Ryan winning any SB's with even the most talented teams. Rarely do we see Rex game plan uniquely for different opponents in a sequences run. It seems like he can maybe get up for one big game (See Patriots 2 years ago), and comes up empty the next week.

I applaud Rex and Tanny for taking a shot at finding a franchise QB. No way in hell it would have been Sanchez if I had the choice...but at least trying on someone you thought was going to great, means something. They lived with that decision and despite being the worst QB in the NFL, Rex managed to win. Which is a level of difficulty you cant seem to grasp.

You have a short memory if you dont recall games plans strung together by Rex. He did it 2 year in a row, on the road, in the playoffs. Drew Coleman playing DE? Completely shutting down 3 HOF QB's in a row on the road. lol Your hatred has clouded you of seeing his effectiveness as a HC. Leaving the mark in Pitts, knowing they'd have to go their during the playoffs. You're just a ridiculous unreasonable hater now.

And you're ****ing high if you're telling me the Jets didnt win back to back SB's with a player like Big Ben or Rex cant win with a talent roster. Please. Now you're just being a complete hater who's literally lying to himself to prove a stupid unjust point.

Indy has a winning record, many think they are good. He swept the floor with them.

the Jets were one stephen hill drop away from beating the Pats this season. And they could do it this Thursday.

What i don't understand about you SD is that you have taken a position where you are off the bandwagon and want the coach fired... with 6 games left to play. You want to fire Rex fine this isn't the time to do it. And firing him now won't improve anything.

I hope the Jets get hot and not just for my own selfish reasons. There's always room on the bandwagon for doubters such as yourself. Dont forget the Jets were 4-6 in 2009 before they rallied and went on a run.

I applaud Rex and Tanny for taking a shot at finding a franchise QB. No way in hell it would have been Sanchez if I had the choice...but at least trying on someone you thought was going to great, means something. They lived with that decision and despite being the worst QB in the NFL, Rex managed to win. Which is a level of difficulty you cant seem to grasp.

You have a short memory if you dont recall games plans strung together by Rex. He did it 2 year in a row, on the road, in the playoffs. Drew Coleman playing DE? Completely shutting down 3 HOF QB's in a row on the road. lol Your hatred has clouded you of seeing his effectiveness as a HC. Leaving the mark in Pitts, knowing they'd have to go their during the playoffs. You're just a ridiculous unreasonable hater now.

And you're ****ing high if you're telling me the Jets didnt win back to back SB's with a player like Big Ben or Rex cant win with a talent roster. Please. Now you're just being a complete hater who's literally lying to himself to prove a stupid unjust point.

Indy has a winning record, many think they are good. He swept the floor with them.

You know Rex's problem (or one of a few)-Loyalty. He sticks with guys too long, he extends the wrong players, and he extends when he shouldn't/

And don't tell me he doesn't have a say as a coach who gets extended.

Archived