•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hey Metrics Geeks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,846 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Does anybody have any "advanced stats" on Demario Davis and/or Kenrick Ellis? They have looked pretty decent to me, but I don't see them too much. I'd guess that they have enough playing time that there is some evaluation out there.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#2 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

:face:

Posted Image

#3 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

PFF has Davis at about average in all three phases, and 22/51 among 3-4 ILBs overall. Ditto Ellis, but to get his ranking you have to remove snap filters and then you're comparing him to guys who've been in for a dozen plays or less.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#4 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

:face: :face:

Posted Image

#5 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,846 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

PFF has Davis at about average in all three phases, and 22/51 among 3-4 ILBs overall. Ditto Ellis, but to get his ranking you have to remove snap filters and then you're comparing him to guys who've been in for a dozen plays or less.

Thanks. I'm guardedly optimistic about both of them. Davis moreso because he is a cure for one of our main ailments - lack of speed at LB. Also Ellis can't stay on the field. I've started seeing some life out of Bush too which is good, but he hasn't played enough that I'd trust any rating.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#6 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,445 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

How many millimeters has Sanchez thrown for this year? I bet the number is staggering.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#7 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks. I'm guardedly optimistic about both of them. Davis moreso because he is a cure for one of our main ailments - lack of speed at LB. Also Ellis can't stay on the field. I've started seeing some life out of Bush too which is good, but he hasn't played enough that I'd trust any rating.

Davis has been an upgrade, but that's mainly a function of Harris and Scott both being abysmal. The measurables indicate that Ellis should be a monster, but the repeated knee ailments are kind of troubling.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

HAHA "SNAP FILTERS." NERDS
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#9 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,552 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Davis was a very good 4th round decent 3rd round pick!

#10 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Dufaq is this thread about anyway? Metrics? This is the Jets. We're Ground and Pound, not Ground and Gram. Or Kilogram. Or whatever the decimal system equivalent is. Metrics. Sheesh.

#11 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Dufaq is this thread about anyway? Metrics? This is the Jets. We're Ground and Pound, not Ground and Gram. Or Kilogram. Or whatever the decimal system equivalent is. Metrics. Sheesh.

/Door flies open

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users