Woody requested Jets play on Thanksgiving night: source

Lizard King

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I'll be working while those of you bitching about the game are stuffing your faces.

And before anyone asks, I'm working to cover for our overnight guy needing off to be with his family. I volunteered to work for him so he could get the night off and be with his family out of state. It's what unselfish coworkers do for each other. I wouldn't expect the whiners and complainers here to know anything about that though.

I always feel true acts of selflessness are greater when you feel the need to let everyone know about it. When ever I donate to the Salvation Army over Xmass I always borrow the bell and make sure I get eveyones attention before I put my quarter in. I'd donate more but what's the point? Its really the thought that counts and now these people will think about me

This is such bullsh*t - if the Jets were 8-2 instead of 4-6, everyone would be screaming for a Thanksgiving Day game so we could kick some Patsie ass on the biggest stage in November. Instead, we gotta go out on the hope and prayer and see what happens. Schedules are made a year in advance. What're ya gonna do?

I always feel true acts of selflessness are greater when you feel the need to let everyone know about it. When ever I donate to the Salvation Army over Xmass I always borrow the bell and make sure I get eveyones attention before I put my quarter in. I'd donate more but what's the point? Its really the thought that counts and now these people will think about me

This.

Wow, so you're not just skipping the game, but you won't even be watching it? But you point fingers.

DVRing it and I should be able to watch it via NFL Mobile on my phone while I'm at work. Not ideal, but I'd rather do it this way and let my coworker get away for a couple of days to be with his family. I'm selfless like that. You should try it sometime.

I overheard a single ER physician make a similar comment about how he chose to work christmas every year so as others with families could be at home; I laughed and said, you don't get to be a martyr when you're holiday pay nets you an additional two grand for one single day's work.

Just getting regular pay. If I was working overnight tonight, I would get more money. Still a nice try though.

Actually, I only mentioned it because I figured I would get "well you're working, blah blah blah". Turns out I got it anyway, but with the a$$holes on this site, I should have expected it. Typical behavior of some of the dicks who post here.

DVRing it and I should be able to watch it via NFL Mobile on my phone while I'm at work. Not ideal, but I'd rather do it this way and let my coworker get away for a couple of days to be with his family. I'm selfless like that. You should try it sometime.

You may want to read some Scripture at some point. Doing the right thing and then bragging on the Internet about it wasn't exactly how they envisioned selfless service. But good for you anyway.

Archived