Fire Rex Ryan

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the head coach not know Tebow has broken ribs for a week and a half?

How does the head coach find that out and still dress Tebow? Why does the head coach dress Tebow if he's going to forbid him from playing? Given all that, how does the head coach not even activate another QB? Ahh, the mysteries of life.

We've hit rock bottom and have brought in backhoes to dig deeper.

I actually tried to be optomistic this year. I did. I mean that.

Well I'm done....again. Fire Rex.I tried to stay in his camp and I'm at the point I simply can't any longer.

Every time Ryan opens his mouth he's digging a deeper hole for himself. You cannot look at last night and babble about positives, and you are way past pretending Sanchez is an NFL QB. Even total dumbasses like Coslet and Edwards yanked the QB because when it get this bad you have to change the QB. There's no choice any more. It's not a question.

How does the head coach not know Tebow has broken ribs for a week and a half?

How does the head coach find that out and still dress Tebow? Why does the head coach dress Tebow if he's going to forbid him from playing? Given all that, how does the head coach not even activate another QB? Ahh, the mysteries of life.

Incompetence

..it's time.

NO its not, this is probably the worst diagnosis I hear about the jets. What coach would do better than rex? how exactly could he have done better with a GM like tanny and and owner like woody. Rex is the first coach we have had in awhile with any talent.

I mean its been so bad that some start talkign about mangini as good be cause he got lucky with a few draft picks. Give me a break, rex took some scrubs and got them to play better than they every had played. Tell me how he could have done any better with a qtr back that is worse the most backs, no talent on either side of the football or any depth?

This rex needs to go is stupid. This conversation makes me hungry Im going to get some turkey.

NO its not, this is probably the worst diagnosis I hear about the jets. What coach would do better than rex? how exactly could he have done better with a GM like tanny and and owner like woody. Rex is the first coach we have had in awhile with any talent.

I mean its been so bad that some start talkign about mangini as good be cause he got lucky with a few draft picks. Give me a break, rex took some scrubs and got them to play better than they every had played. Tell me how he could have done any better with a qtr back that is worse the most backs, no talent on either side of the football or any depth?

This rex needs to go is stupid. This conversation makes me hungry Im going to get some turkey.

Rex is an awful head coach. time to let go and accept the truth.

:rl:

oh please. Sparano is terrible. I wouldnt want him in charge of the water boys.

I KNOW Sparano is terrible! I spent the summer screaming it from the rooftops. But if you don't think he will be the Jets coach at some point, you just aren't paying attention. What I'm saying is get it over with now, while this year is going up in flames, and he is powerless to stop it.

He won't get the team back, and they'll move on, and try and get somebody worth a damn......

BD

In all seriousness, I don't like Rex, I don't like his style, I don't like his football philosophy.

That said, if he could win a SB with the Jets, I'd love him for it.

The biggest reason I think he has to go is that his gig is up.

Rex's best weapon was his bravado IMO. His early luck allowed his bravado to continue, which let him have some early success.

Last year the end of the season debacle led to the loss of his bravado, and this year it would be impossible to have any bravado.

He tried this season by saying this was his most talented team to date, but not even the players could have bought that.

I don't think he can get it back now, I really don't. With his bravado gone, I don't think he can be successful anymore. He is not the kind of coach who you can rebuild with IMO.

I think his gig is up, and he needs to be replaced with a coach who can properly rebuild. This team has so many deep problems, it will take years to rebuild, and it needs to be done right.

Keep Rex and next year will be about a quick fix to save his job, and could set us back even further.

There is nothing this team can do to be highly competitive next year, sure, maybe with some big free agent splashes, we may be able to squeeze in a 9-7 season, but even that is unlikely and will have longer term ramifications.

Rex lost his bravado, he lost his way, his time is up.

OK now I see that some other guys are now taking credit for the "Tony Sparano will be the Jets Head Coach" thing...it's mine, i said it first here and stand by it still. If Rex gets fired, mark my words Sparano will be Woody Johnson's choice. HOW do I know this? Because I know Woody Johnson and I know Mike Tannenbaum who will do everything he can to try and save his own ass. He will throw Ryan under the bus in 2 seconds flat and force the blame on him NOT on himself...WHY will Sparano be the guy? Because Woody Johnson is LAZY, because Woody Johnson can't GET a real NFL HC to work for him (remember Bill Cowher laughing?). IF Ryan does get the axe and not Tannenbaum it will be because Mike Tannenbaum will have convinced him to do so. I still think that everyone will be back Rex, Tanny, Sanchez,Sparano, but the one guy who WILL get fired? Matt Cavanaugh-it will be all HIS fault that Sanchez has never gotten better and only gotten worse.

Sparano will never be the head coach here. He'll be cited as one of the reasons for failure. Luigi is a typical Rex addition; Tony beat me, lets hire him. Tebow beat my defense, let's bring him in, Holmes was a major headache when I was in Baltimore, let's extend him. If Rex goes, all these guys will go, too. Sparano heading the line as last hired, first fired.

Sparano will never be the head coach here. He'll be cited as one of the reasons for failure. Luigi is a typical Rex addition; Tony beat me, lets hire him. Tebow beat my defense, let's bring him in, Holmes was a major headache when I was in Baltimore, let's extend him. If Rex goes, all these guys will go, too. Sparano heading the line as last hired, first fired.

What happens this off-season will really tell the story of what to expect from the next 40 years of the Woody Johnson Ownership. If he tolerates this crap without changing anything, it will closely resemble the Leon Hess ownership. At the very least, Sparano and Cavanaugh have to go.

all kidding aside, if I am advising woody I tell him to publicly support tanny and rex, and more or less say "I am here to give them what they need to get this thing turned around" thru the end of the season unless they start crying at press conferences or get arrested

the jets job is not a great one

he can't afford to be seen as a bad ownner to work for on top of having a roster that is a mess with a bunch of bad contracts

then at 9:00 am the morning after the last game, fire them and begin a super aggressive search for a real football man GM and a hard ass HC with an OC known for his QB development

OK now I see that some other guys are now taking credit for the "Tony Sparano will be the Jets Head Coach" thing...it's mine,

really dude ?

he has HC experience in the division

everybody had that thought the day he was hired

everybody

OK now I see that some other guys are now taking credit for the "Tony Sparano will be the Jets Head Coach" thing...it's mine, i said it first here and stand by it still. If Rex gets fired, mark my words Sparano will be Woody Johnson's choice. HOW do I know this? Because I know Woody Johnson and I know Mike Tannenbaum who will do everything he can to try and save his own ass. He will throw Ryan under the bus in 2 seconds flat and force the blame on him NOT on himself...WHY will Sparano be the guy? Because Woody Johnson is LAZY, because Woody Johnson can't GET a real NFL HC to work for him (remember Bill Cowher laughing?). IF Ryan does get the axe and not Tannenbaum it will be because Mike Tannenbaum will have convinced him to do so. I still think that everyone will be back Rex, Tanny, Sanchez,Sparano, but the one guy who WILL get fired? Matt Cavanaugh-it will be all HIS fault that Sanchez has never gotten better and only gotten worse.

It will never ever ever happen. If there is one thing that is obvious about Johnson it's that he wants headlines. Rex, for all his faults, is the larger-than-life (though not as large as he once was) type that Johnson loves and craves for his team.

Sparano is the anti-headline guy. You couldn't hire a more invisible head coach. Therefore Woody wants no part of him for the job.

It will never ever ever happen. If there is one thing that is obvious about Johnson it's that he wants headlines. Rex, for all his faults, is the larger-than-life (though not as large as he once was) type that Johnson loves and craves for his team.

Sparano is the anti-headline guy. You couldn't hire a more invisible head coach. Therefore Woody wants no part of him for the job.

agree, sporano is gone whether rex stays or goes IMHO.

I think Sanchez will not be starter next year either via on bench or off team.

New GM will not go with #6 UNLESS they somehow move up in draft for a QB and want to let rookie sit a few games until ready to go.

New GM will not go with #6 UNLESS they somehow move up in draft for a QB and want to let rookie sit a few games until ready to go.

I agree that Sparano will never get the HC gig, but I would bet any amount of money that if Rex stays, so does Sparano.

No way Rex is going to fire him after one year.

I agree that Sparano will never get the HC gig, but I would bet any amount of money that if Rex stays, so does Sparano.

No way Rex is going to fire him after one year.

My premise is Rex means SHIIT if he stays. New GM will call shots and he wont stick with Sanchez and will use it as opportunity to bring in his own Offensive Philosophy, aka his contacts. Understand, if Woody fires tanny as GM, its 80% chance Rex is gone. Any GM worth his salt will demand in interview to bring in his own coach. Loyalty will only make Woody demand Rex gets to interview for job again with new GM, but very doubtful rex returns if Tanny fired. Very doubtful per historical precedence with new GM hires.

I didn't say that though. All I said is Sparano won't be the next HC (unless Rex quits, in which case either he or Westhoff will be the likely interim HC, but that's not happening).

Actually I don't think Sparano will be fired unless Rex is fired. And I don't think Rex gets fired either. More than possible, but I don't expect to see it happening this year.

I didn't say that though. All I said is Sparano won't be the next HC (unless Rex quits, in which case either he or Westhoff will be the likely interim HC, but that's not happening).

Actually I don't think Sparano will be fired unless Rex is fired. And I don't think Rex gets fired either. More than possible, but I don't expect to see it happening this year.

If Rex stays then Woody didnt get a good GM. Plain and simple. No great GM candidate would accept a sitting HC on a bad team. New GM 101.

For Rex to stay then 2 things have to happen. Tanny stays or Woody got bottom of barrel GM candidate.

If Rex stays then Woody didnt get a good GM. Plain and simple. No great GM candidate would accept a sitting HC on a bad team. New GM 101.

For Rex to stay then 2 things have to happen. Tanny stays or Woody got bottom of barrel GM candidate.

Their roster is so cap-constrained next season that it could be wise for a new GM to keep Rex & Co. around for another season. This way, not only can he evaluate the staff, but he can also blame them and fire them the following year at the same time the cap loosens up for a true overhaul.

Their roster is so cap-constrained next season that it could be wise for a new GM to keep Rex & Co. around for another season. This way, not only can he evaluate the staff, but he can also blame them and fire them the following year at the same time the cap loosens up for a true overhaul.

I don't like that. If a new GM really thinks Rex is getting the heave-ho, then do it right away. We have another draft and FA period coming up. If a new GM - assuming there even is one - is ok with a true, full overhaul then we shouldn't be burning another set of picks on players who fit Rex's 1970s-90s "schemes" on both sides of the ball.

Also a new HC/OC/QBC can be an unbiased source for what they do with Sanchez in 2014 (start him, bench him, or just cut him outright). Clearly Rex's judgment on the subject cannot be trusted and Sparano hasn't exactly impressed everyone either.

I don't like that. If a new GM really thinks Rex is getting the heave-ho, then do it right away. We have another draft and FA period coming up. If a new GM - assuming there even is one - is ok with a true, full overhaul then we shouldn't be burning another set of picks on players who fit Rex's 1970s-90s "schemes" on both sides of the ball.

Also a new HC/OC/QBC can be an unbiased source for what they do with Sanchez in 2014 (start him, bench him, or just cut him outright). Clearly Rex's judgment on the subject cannot be trusted and Sparano hasn't exactly impressed everyone either.

I get that, and if the Jets hire a new GM who decides to bring in his own coaching staff on Day One, I'll understand and be on board.

Just saying that the flip-side is that talent-wise, the Jets are going to have a lot of issues next year, and the new regime will take a lot of heat as a result. Keeping Rex would allow the new GM to put all the blame at Rex's feet (so to speak) and bring in a new staff at the same time he has a lot of cap room to overhaul the roster. I'd hope the next guy would be a BAP kinda drafter, too, making the scheme thing less relevant. Woody would also probably prefer not to pay two head coaches at the same time. Bad enough that he'd be paying two GMs under this scenario.

My premise is Rex means SHIIT if he stays. New GM will call shots and he wont stick with Sanchez and will use it as opportunity to bring in his own Offensive Philosophy, aka his contacts. Understand, if Woody fires tanny as GM, its 80% chance Rex is gone. Any GM worth his salt will demand in interview to bring in his own coach. Loyalty will only make Woody demand Rex gets to interview for job again with new GM, but very doubtful rex returns if Tanny fired. Very doubtful per historical precedence with new GM hires.

I think youre absolutely right.

The NFL is a passing league. WTF, are the Jets doing trying to Ground and Pound and Wildcat? Once your team gets down buy a couple of TDs youre basically screwed and have to pass the ball to get back in the game. Look at Pittsburgh who was a predominately a run first team forever. Now they throw the ball all over the field.

Pass to get the lead and run to win. Thats the formula and the sooner the Jets get on the board, the better.

• 4 weeks later...

I love how Rex blew past Sanchez today as he was walking to meet Tennessee's HC.

Rex Ryan has his fingerprints all over this mess....as does Tannenbaum and Woody.

I've watched both the Offense & Defense get worse every single year this guy has been HC. The defense at its best, has been mediocre, yet not one time have we ever had any legimate form of pash rush.

The offense....I've never seen anything like it. It's a circus, a joke, a disrgace. Our RBs are horrendus and cannot pick up a blitz to save their life. They can't run, can't break tackles, can't make moves. The WRs....what needs to be said - I can't name half of them right now save Braylon. The QB - Nothing to say. Nothing. He's done, washed up, finished, through. He has nothing left in the tank. He's a train wreck. The offensive coordinators have been a Cavalcade of Carnage. Dink and dunk, nothing downfield.

I'm sick of it. I'm done. To go from back to back AFC Title games to this in such a short span speaks volumes. It has nothing to do with injuries or bad breaks - this is a direct result of poor coaching, poor planning and poor personnel management.

Blow it up - start over...like it matters, it can't get any worse.

I love how Rex blew past Sanchez today as he was walking to meet Tennessee's HC.

Rex Ryan has his fingerprints all over this mess....as does Tannenbaum and Woody.

I've watched both the Offense & Defense get worse every single year this guy has been HC. The defense at its best, has been mediocre, yet not one time have we ever had any legimate form of pash rush.

The offense....I've never seen anything like it. It's a circus, a joke, a disrgace. Our RBs are horrendus and cannot pick up a blitz to save their life. They can't run, can't break tackles, can't make moves. The WRs....what needs to be said - I can't name half of them right now save Braylon. The QB - Nothing to say. Nothing. He's done, washed up, finished, through. He has nothing left in the tank. He's a train wreck. The offensive coordinators have been a Cavalcade of Carnage. Dink and dunk, nothing downfield.

I'm sick of it. I'm done. To go from back to back AFC Title games to this in such a short span speaks volumes. It has nothing to do with injuries or bad breaks - this is a direct result of poor coaching, poor planning and poor personnel management.

Blow it up - start over...like it matters, it can't get any worse.

This says it all, unfortunately, Rex and Tanny will be back.

all kidding aside, if I am advising woody I tell him to publicly support tanny and rex, and more or less say "I am here to give them what they need to get this thing turned around" thru the end of the season unless they start crying at press conferences or get arrested

the jets job is not a great one

he can't afford to be seen as a bad ownner to work for on top of having a roster that is a mess with a bunch of bad contracts

then at 9:00 am the morning after the last game, fire them and begin a super aggressive search for a real football man GM and a hard ass HC with an OC known for his QB development

It can be a great one. But increasingly since the day Parcells refused to take his money there is something about Woody Johnson that makes quality NFL people shun him. Part of the reason is the owner wants to be front and center. May be it works for a self-made guy like Kraft, but I don't see the Rooneys or the Maras and Tisches doing that.

Johnson has to hire a good GM and then take a huge giant step back and mostly dissappear to let that guy run the team.Think increasingly that guy(s) are the Polians, who have something to prove after Irsay dumped them.

Archived