103 replies to this topic

#51 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Fireable offense. Like, a fire-him-right-now offense.

That's why I added it to the current open file.....
BD

#52 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Sanchez should have been yanked. But if he was hurt, who was going to be the QB-Kerley? It's really stupid. Make Tebow inactive and dress GMC. That Ryan didn't do that is really diffucult to understand. It makes no sense at all.

Sounds like a fireable offense to me.

#53 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

first fire the GM and let the new guy fire ryan and bring in his guy

process

That sounds fair. I have zero faith in Rex but that is the way to go.

#54 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Who is going to want to come into this mess of a roster and cap situation? NO one worth a damn.

#55 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,080 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Who is going to want to come into this mess of a roster and cap situation? NO one worth a damn.

Most unemployed coaches and general managers understand that those jobs wouldn't be open IF there wasn't a mess to be cleaned up.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#56 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Most unemployed coaches and general managers understand that those jobs wouldn't be open IF there wasn't a mess to be cleaned up.

Fair, but this mess is extraordinary. They wouldn't even be able to do much, if anything, until 2014.

Edited by CrazyCarl40, 23 November 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#57 G.O.B.

G.O.B.

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,286 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

According to ESPN's Sal Palantonio:

Tim Tebow was the ONLY back-up QB in tonight's game. GMC was deactivated.
But Tim could not throw the football left-handed (He is left-handed) because of the rib injury

(He was throwing a ball pre-game to a Make-A-Wish kid in the pre-game, and could only throw it right-handed)

Those facts speak for themselves.....
BD

If this is truly the case then Rex should be gone today. If this is an accutate story, and the head coach of a football team dressed a nonservicable QB while deactivating the only viable backup, it's pure malfeasance. Early on I was willing to give Rex some slack but after last night's embarassing defeat of biblical proportions, I'm fresh out. Last night was a comedy show. Last night was a circus. Last night was a disgrace to the sport of professional football. The Jets just didn't have a bad night, they truly made a mockery of the game.

637844091-amazing-pictures-pilot-s-jet-c

NY Jets Football: 45 Years of complete and utter incompetence.

#58 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,049 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Problem with the job is a GM/HC gets one less mulligan year. 2014 is going to be the first rebuilding year. Usually that's the 1st mulligan year. But with what Tannenbaum has done to our cap for next year, there will be no tangible rebuilding for the 2013 season. We'll still be where we are today.

I agree it looks like a pretty unattractive job at first glance. But we're going to have to look anyway. Can't let Tannenbaum and Rex "fix" next year's team by "fixing" the cap by an extra $10-15M or so, and screw up what will be relatively clean caps for 2014 and beyond. Plus it will be another draft of Tannenbaum-Ryan type players.

The reason it's important right away is more than just because we can't stand watching this anymore. We're about to shed two starting OLBers and acquire 2 more. That'll be one in the draft and one through FA. If a new GM hires a HC who wants to deviate from 3-4 type base personnel it's going to make that really hard as Ryan's going to insist on a couple more LBers in the Calvin Pace mold. It's not at all insignificant. Not to mention what if Tannenbaum offers Revis $17M/year or something absurd like that, because Rex convinces him that's he needs him to run his defense adequately? No, the move at GM has to be done before next season.

I really like Rex, in that he seems like a genuinely good guy. But anyone who doesn't dress a #2 QB for a football game - particularly when his #1 plays like #2 more often than not - is letting his personal feelings for a player cloud what any dumbass casual fan knows is the right thing. Scratch that -- not the right thing to do; it's the obvious thing. It's not even subject to opinion. You dress 2 QBs for every football game unless you have no idea what you're doing. And further, he didn't get much, or enough, resistance (or enough) from his offensive coordinator or other coaches.

It's a move of such unbridled incompetence I don't know that he can talk his way out of it. That Tebow wasn't merely sore, but that he has 2 broken ribs and the pain is so bad he can't even casually throw to a kid on the sideline? I can absolutely see keeping the extent of the injury under wraps during the week leading up to the game so NE has to spend practice time preparing for Tebow. But once gameday is here you activate 2 QBs. Practice is over and Belichick isn't going to get fooled or thrown off his game by seeing Tebow in pads on the sideline. C'mon.

The job is too much for him to handle. When the curtain gets pulled back and we see things like this (to say nothing his refusal to bench Sanchez for even a single series, let alone a single game), just imagine all that we don't see. The notion - or hope - that we see all or even most of his buffoonery is probably some serious wishful thinking. Because if Sanchez played well, even in a loss, we might not have even known about this. Imagine what else we don't know about.

Say he really believes Sanchez is actually good. In the event of a blowout one way or the other, why risk your franchise QB by having him drop back to pass on what are then meaningless snaps late in the game? Seems to me that is an ideal time to get a backup some live snaps even to protect your starter.

He can handle things when they're going well but so can lots of other coaches who aren't up to the job.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

Morn - hin - weg

#59 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,080 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Fair, but this mess is extraordinary. They wouldn't even be able to do much, if anything, until 2014.

Holding the job for 2 years before any expectations are to be met? That alone is a great incentive for someone to come here.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#60 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Problem with the job is a GM/HC gets one less mulligan year. 2014 is going to be the first rebuilding year. Usually that's the 1st mulligan year. But with what Tannenbaum has done to our cap for next year, there will be no tangible rebuilding for the 2013 season. We'll still be where we are today.

I agree it looks like a pretty unattractive job at first glance. But we're going to have to look anyway. Can't let Tannenbaum and Rex "fix" next year's team by "fixing" the cap by an extra $10-15M or so, and screw up what will be relatively clean caps for 2014 and beyond. Plus it will be another draft of Tannenbaum-Ryan type players.

The reason it's important right away is more than just because we can't stand watching this anymore. We're about to shed two starting OLBers and acquire 2 more. That'll be one in the draft and one through FA. If a new GM hires a HC who wants to deviate from 3-4 type base personnel it's going to make that really hard as Ryan's going to insist on a couple more LBers in the Calvin Pace mold. It's not at all insignificant. Not to mention what if Tannenbaum offers Revis $17M/year or something absurd like that, because Rex convinces him that's he needs him to run his defense adequately? No, the move at GM has to be done before next season.

I really like Rex, in that he seems like a genuinely good guy. But anyone who doesn't dress a #2 QB for a football game - particularly when his #1 plays like #2 more often than not - is letting his personal feelings for a player cloud what any dumbass casual fan knows is the right thing. Scratch that -- not the right thing to do; it's the obvious thing. It's not even subject to opinion. You dress 2 QBs for every football game unless you have no idea what you're doing. And further, he didn't get much, or enough, resistance (or enough) from his offensive coordinator or other coaches.

It's a move of such unbridled incompetence I don't know that he can talk his way out of it. That Tebow wasn't merely sore, but that he has 2 broken ribs and the pain is so bad he can't even casually throw to a kid on the sideline? I can absolutely see keeping the extent of the injury under wraps during the week leading up to the game so NE has to spend practice time preparing for Tebow. But once gameday is here you activate 2 QBs. Practice is over and Belichick isn't going to get fooled or thrown off his game by seeing Tebow in pads on the sideline. C'mon.

The job is too much for him to handle. When the curtain gets pulled back and we see things like this (to say nothing his refusal to bench Sanchez for even a single series, let alone a single game), just imagine all that we don't see. The notion - or hope - that we see all or even most of his buffoonery is probably some serious wishful thinking. Because if Sanchez played well, even in a loss, we might not have even known about this. Imagine what else we don't know about.

Say he really believes Sanchez is actually good. In the event of a blowout one way or the other, why risk your franchise QB by having him drop back to pass on what are then meaningless snaps late in the game? Seems to me that is an ideal time to get a backup some live snaps even to protect your starter.

He can handle things when they're going well but so can lots of other coaches who aren't up to the job.

It seems Ryan is for reasons known to himself alone devoted to Sanchez. Nobody is bigger than the team. And not having a backup QB available is close to a firing offense. It makes no sense.And any number of great QBs-Staubach, Simm, Montana, Bradshaw-got benched during their careers. And many star QBs only became stars because they got a shot-Unitas, Warner (gulp) Brady. If we're gonna suck this bad we might as well find out of McElory or Tebow can play. There is nothing left to accomplish with Sanchez. He proves every week he is not and never will be an NFL starter. Look, even dumbasses like Coslet with Jeff Blake or Edwards with Pennington gave into the pressure of trying the alternate.Rex Ryan's job is head coach, not Mark Sanchez's Turtle.If he doesn't wise up, and it may be too late already, he will never get another HC job.And he seems too dumb to grasp any of this.
Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#61 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Rex thinks that if the Jets win a few meaningless games against terrible teams that he's gonna get a pass for the last year. He wont.
Tank for Teddy.

#62 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 16,089 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

polian got fired with a lombadi on his resume for not having a backup QB behind a legendary ironman

will tanny suffer the same fate ?

he sad thing is it's not a sure thing, especially if woody wanted tebow
"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."

#63 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

We're close -REX RYAN

Posted Image

#64 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,546 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#65 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr
Rex Ryan heard about the cracked ribs before the game. "Understand, a lot of players can play before cracked ribs." #Jets #nyj

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr
Rex Ryan said he was told Tim Tebow could play. He personally didn't want to. #jets #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Rex said that he told Sparano & Westhoff this about Tebow: "I don't want you to play him." #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Rex on Tebow: "It was told to me that he could play... It was never told to me that he could not play." #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Rex says that he didn't know that Tebow even had cracked ribs until the day Wednesday. Tebow broke them on Nov 11 in Seattle. Sounds strange

Awesome.

He's done.

#66 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr
"I think are offense is improving, I really believe that," Rex said. #jets #nyj

#67 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

You don't often see such blatant incompetence on display. It starts with the incompetent owner and trickles down.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 23 November 2012 - 10:47 AM.

Tank for Teddy.

#68 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Can they really not just say that they didn't play Tebow because it upsets Mark? Instead, they have to engage in a ridiculously mendacious cover up involving the league's one religious guy?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#69 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,546 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Can they really not just say that they didn't play Tebow because it upsets Mark? Instead, they have to engage in a ridiculously mendacious cover up involving the league's one religious guy?

exactly. this was all about Mark throwin Tebow under bus and saying the in/out tebow wildcat was disrupting him and that was reason for his bad play.
Rex was desperate for his job and was hoping Mark played lights out and he could lay blame on tanny for getting hiim Tebow and messing things up.
What worries me is that Rex hasnt seen the same unable to hit secondary/terciary WRs/panic driven QB we have all seen for quite awhile now.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#70 G.O.B.

G.O.B.

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,286 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr
Rex Ryan heard about the cracked ribs before the game. "Understand, a lot of players can play before cracked ribs." #Jets #nyj

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr
Rex Ryan said he was told Tim Tebow could play. He personally didn't want to. #jets #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Rex said that he told Sparano & Westhoff this about Tebow: "I don't want you to play him." #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Rex on Tebow: "It was told to me that he could play... It was never told to me that he could not play." #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Rex says that he didn't know that Tebow even had cracked ribs until the day Wednesday. Tebow broke them on Nov 11 in Seattle. Sounds strange

Awesome.

He's done.

We've hit rock bottom and have brought in backhoes to dig deeper.

I actually tried to be optomistic this year. I did. I mean that.

Well I'm done....again. Fire Rex.I tried to stay in his camp and I'm at the point I simply can't any longer.

#71 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

How does the head coach not know Tebow has broken ribs for a week and a half?

#72 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

How does the head coach find that out and still dress Tebow? Why does the head coach dress Tebow if he's going to forbid him from playing? Given all that, how does the head coach not even activate another QB? Ahh, the mysteries of life.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#73 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

You could fire Rex NOW, and have Sparano audition for the job for December?

Or wait until the end of the season, have Sparano take over as a stop-gap until 2014, when you can get out of Cap Hell, and bring in somebody worth a damn?
BD

#74 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

We've hit rock bottom and have brought in backhoes to dig deeper.

I actually tried to be optomistic this year. I did. I mean that.

Well I'm done....again. Fire Rex.I tried to stay in his camp and I'm at the point I simply can't any longer.

Every time Ryan opens his mouth he's digging a deeper hole for himself. You cannot look at last night and babble about positives, and you are way past pretending Sanchez is an NFL QB. Even total dumbasses like Coslet and Edwards yanked the QB because when it get this bad you have to change the QB. There's no choice any more. It's not a question.
Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#75 G.O.B.

G.O.B.

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,286 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

How does the head coach find that out and still dress Tebow? Why does the head coach dress Tebow if he's going to forbid him from playing? Given all that, how does the head coach not even activate another QB? Ahh, the mysteries of life.

Incompetence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users