Two "Mental Errors" for Sanchez = Two Key Turnovers

BlackDynamite

Sanchez admitted in the post-game presser that he was in the wrong for both the interception and the incredibly, awesomely bad slide-into-Brandon-Moore's-bum-then-fumble-for-a-TD, calling them both "mental errors"

When Mark Sanchez is out of the NFL in two years, I will always remember that Thanksgiving Day play as his signature moment on this team

He took a face full of man --- and lost control of his ball

BD

Mental error? Brandon Moore is like 6'3" and 300 pounds and holding up a guy who weighs about 330 pounds and someone the multimillion dollar QB failed to see them? Thats called being blind. Maybe the Jets need to get him fitted for glasses, If he couldnt see that how can he see a receiver? Rex should have just pulled him after that play just for being an idiot. Ive never seen anything like that play in my life on any level of football.

Maybe I heard him wrong, so someone can correct me if I did, but did Sanchez say he thought they were running a different play?

Read the same on Twitter. Im guessing he was taking accountability for failing to hand the ball off. Either that or maybe the coaching staff thought Tebow was in the game and called a QB draw. The only other explanation is that Mark thought he was supposed to have a Jet in place to pick up the fumble and run with it while the rest of the world laughed at how he knocked himself silly by somehow not seeing a 300 pound man dressed in bright green standing in front of him.

Read the same on Twitter. Im guessing he was taking accountability for failing to hand the ball off. Either that or maybe the coaching staff thought Tebow was in the game and called a QB draw. The only other explanation is that Mark thought he was supposed to have a Jet in place to pick up the fumble and run with it while the rest of the world laughed at how he knocked himself silly by somehow not seeing a 300 pound man dressed in bright green standing in front of him.

No he said something like he thought it was a different play and thought there was going to be a FB there to take a handoff and lo and behold there was no one back there so he just ran forward, tried to slide, and mushed his face into the top of Brandon Moore's ass before coughing up the ball.

So he relays the play from the speaker in his helmet to 10 guys in the huddle. Then breaks the huddle. Then they line up. And at the time the ball is snapped to him, he doesn't know what the play is while everyone else does.

Please tell me I have this totally wrong.

It looked to me like he was the only one lost.

I really don't get the Tebow injury talk at the presser. If he couldn't play, don't dress hin. McElory is on the roster for a reason. What happens if Sanchez gets hurt? Doesn't look like Ryan thought any of this through. SOunds like piss poor prep.

Damien Woody said it well just now on Sportscenter:

The Jets have so little talent, that their margin for error is nil. Either they play a perfect game, or they lose.

If the play ok, they lose.

If the play badly, they lose by 30.

If they play almost flawlessly, they win most of the time.

BD

So he relays the play from the speaker in his helmet to 10 guys in the huddle. Then breaks the huddle. Then they line up. And at the time the ball is snapped to him, he doesn't know what the play is while everyone else does.

Please tell me I have this totally wrong.

Incorrect...Sanchez was on the right page and the other 10 players had it wrong.

Sincerely,

Every Sanchez Apologist

Archived