Benigno on FAN right now

Bugg

Still cannot get over the ass-fumble. There is a hockey coach out here in SoCal, Patrik Stefan, who missed a breakaway on an open net against the Oilers only to see the Oilers tie the game, then win it in OT. This clip is run constantly out here. Imagine how we will be telling our grandchildren about the ass-fumble. It ;ooks like a clown show. It will live on forever.

ESPN's bayless made interesting point (I know, thats wierd)

He claims Tebow had same rib injury last week and played. He said since McElroy didnt suit up last nite, Jets were willing to play Tebow if Mark got hurt.

He thinks Rex gave Mark one lsst chance to prove he can do it BUT by letting him do it without any of the Tebow in a play out a play crap.

Tebow went along with charade.

Well Mark failed, so where do we go from here?

bayless thinks it means more that sanchez gone next year now and Jets wont play Tebow rest of way. If Jets string some W's together now fans wil lsay 'what took you so long'

Typical Jets crap

All this talk as if Sanchez was replaced we would be all off a sudden a contender again is really just blind hatred from the Sanchez haters. And no I am not defending Sanchez and even suggesting he isn't the problem.

But this team has nothing, no WR's, no RB's, only 1 good OL man, Moore is old, and done, D'Brick is average, and the other 2 are depth fodder. Our LB core might be the worst in the league compared to teams that run a 3/4 D, our D line has promise, but they are mostly young, and learning, at a position where MEN not boys play, our D Lineman are still boys, yes 2-3 of them have potential to turn into men. No FS to roam, and make plays, even with all that, the D still can play OK against non elite teams, and the potential to get better, but as the Pats have shown that shouldn't be the focus, the focus needs to be on scoring points, and scoring points quickly.

Sanchez, didn't fumble the KO for TD, he didn't botch the horrific play calling in the 1st quarter, he didn't quit on the 3rd and 2 screen pass, and fear the hit, and slide feet first to avoid getting hit hard when a lower your head drive your feet move gets the extra yard, he didn't get stuffed on the next play on 4th, and 1, he also didn't get stuffed on the goal line 4th, and 1 late in the game, after a dropped TD pass.

My point is don't just kill Sanchez, it's the whole Organization, it starts with our Attention whore of an owner, then our number crunching, penny saving, non football knowing GM, then to our HC who thinks being the D Coordinator only, and having a philosophy that thinks Offense is not important, it just needs to have good ball control, points are secondary, Then we can start looking at Sanchez, and so on, who all suck right now, and will always suck as long as this Franchise pretends to know what wins in this league, but really doesn't.

ESPN's bayless made interesting point (I know, thats wierd)

He claims Tebow had same rib injury last week and played. He said since McElroy didnt suit up last nite, Jets were willing to play Tebow if Mark got hurt.

He thinks Rex gave Mark one lsst chance to prove he can do it BUT by letting him do it without any of the Tebow in a play out a play crap.

Tebow went along with charade.

Well Mark failed, so where do we go from here?

bayless thinks it means more that sanchez gone next year now and Jets wont play Tebow rest of way. If Jets string some W's together now fans wil lsay 'what took you so long'

Typical Jets crap

speculation. they really are dumb enough to go into a game with no back up QB

I've come to the conclusion in this NFL the only 2 ways to really be successful is to have an offensive minded HC, or in the rare occasion like Beli/Brady, a QB who can be your offensive coach on the field, with a defensive HC who realizes the need to adapt to your competition, and always be 1 step ahead regardless of your coaching philosophies something Rex seems to not be able to do.

All this talk as if Sanchez was replaced we would be all off a sudden a contender again is really just blind hatred from the Sanchez haters. And no I am not defending Sanchez and even suggesting he isn't the problem.

But this team has nothing, no WR's, no RB's, only 1 good OL man, Moore is old, and done, D'Brick is average, and the other 2 are depth fodder. Our LB core might be the worst in the league compared to teams that run a 3/4 D, our D line has promise, but they are mostly young, and learning, at a position where MEN not boys play, our D Lineman are still boys, yes 2-3 of them have potential to turn into men. No FS to roam, and make plays, even with all that, the D still can play OK against non elite teams, and the potential to get better, but as the Pats have shown that shouldn't be the focus, the focus needs to be on scoring points, and scoring points quickly.

Sanchez, didn't fumble the KO for TD, he didn't botch the horrific play calling in the 1st quarter, he didn't quit on the 3rd and 2 screen pass, and fear the hit, and slide feet first to avoid getting hit hard when a lower your head drive your feet move gets the extra yard, he didn't get stuffed on the next play on 4th, and 1, he also didn't get stuffed on the goal line 4th, and 1 late in the game, after a dropped TD pass.

My point is don't just kill Sanchez, it's the whole Organization, it starts with our Attention whore of an owner, then our number crunching, penny saving, non football knowing GM, then to our HC who thinks being the D Coordinator only, and having a philosophy that thinks Offense is not important, it just needs to have good ball control, points are secondary, Then we can start looking at Sanchez, and so on, who all suck right now, and will always suck as long as this Franchise pretends to know what wins in this league, but really doesn't.

In what way is Tannenbaum "penny saving"? I would argue he is the exact opposite.

Hardly no reason. We're going to need that space next year. Badly. Besides, every GM does that from time to time. No one maxes out the cap every year.

He's a loser, but his issue (among others) is overpaying, not underpaying and being stingy with Woody's money.

My penny saving point is more on the back half of the roster for depth issues, which should have been including the over paying for stars, and not worrying about depth, your point is correct, I just think it goes both ways your point, and my point.

My penny saving point is more on the back half of the roster for depth issues, which should have been including the over paying for stars, and not worrying about depth, your point is correct, I just think it goes both ways your point, and my point.

Yeah. I think it isn't because he's trying to save "pennies" on the back half of the roster. It's that after overpaying for so many that "pennies" are all that's left.

Yeah. I think it isn't because he's trying to save "pennies" on the back half of the roster. It's that after overpaying for so many that "pennies" are all that's left.

Yup, it's just 1 of many issues he, and the entire organization botch, the whole upper structure of this team is ass backwards, and that in turn just keeps tumbling down the line to make each area worse, I hate rebuilding every year, but I guess I should get used to it, because as long as Woody makes the decisions on who runs, and how they run the ship we will be continually turning over from top to bottom every 3-6 years, at least Jerry Jones keeps his structure the same because it's him who runs everything, even thou it's still the same result incompetence everywhere!

Hardly no reason. We're going to need that space next year. Badly. Besides, every GM does that from time to time. No one maxes out the cap every year.

He's a loser, but his issue (among others) is overpaying, not underpaying and being stingy with Woody's money.

What you think new GM does? Finger in dyke and try to salvage a average season or rip it apart and take no prisoners.

Eat cap hits and get rid of guys that will do more harm than good in locker room?

Tannenbaum's biggest problem is overvaluing current players which lead to these god-awful contracts. Sanchez, Holmes, and Harris are going to haunt this organization for years. Those contracts are so bad that the Jets can't even get out of them if they want to at this point.

Missing on one of those players is bad, missing on all 3 has to be a fireable offense.

What you think new GM does? Finger in dyke and try to salvage a average season or rip it apart and take no prisoners.

Eat cap hits and get rid of guys that will do more harm than good in locker room?

Impossible to say. Depends who it is, depends on if retaining 1 or more of them for at least 1 more year are conditions of his hire, and really depends on whether or not he is bringing Ryan back.

A more experienced GM who has a reputation he can fall back on, or a total newbie looking to make a name for himself, might be the most likely to totally clean house. But an experienced scout who's worked his way up is likely to give these guys one last chance with another year, with the idea that they'll win 2 more games than otherwise, and make that mulligan year a little more successful.

In the end it depends on whether or not it's a Parcells type who is brought in to bring about the quickest turnaround by getting more out of our current under-contract players, or if it's someone who wants to do it "right" by building more methodically and save the cap space for when we're truly a piece or two away.

But there's no way to know. More likely than not Tannenbaum is returning anyway, crazy as it seems today.

Impossible to say. Depends who it is, depends on if retaining 1 or more of them for at least 1 more year are conditions of his hire, and really depends on whether or not he is bringing Ryan back.

A more experienced GM who has a reputation he can fall back on, or a total newbie looking to make a name for himself, might be the most likely to totally clean house. But an experienced scout who's worked his way up is likely to give these guys one last chance with another year, with the idea that they'll win 2 more games than otherwise, and make that mulligan year a little more successful.

In the end it depends on whether or not it's a Parcells type who is brought in to bring about the quickest turnaround by getting more out of our current under-contract players, or if it's someone who wants to do it "right" by building more methodically and save the cap space for when we're truly a piece or two away.

But there's no way to know. More likely than not Tannenbaum is returning anyway, crazy as it seems today.

I can't see a scenario where Tannenbaum comes back. Woody is about headlines and a full stadium and there needs to be a sacrificial lamb for this debacle. Last year it was Schott this year it's likely Tannenbaum.

Add in the Sanchez, Holmes, and Harris contracts, Ducasse, Gholston, and Wilson and you pretty much define incompetence.

In a perfect world Woody cleans house although there is a chance he leaves it to the new GM.

There are still some decent pieces on this team and the NFL has shown that a new HC and a couple of key players can change 6-10 to 10-6 in 1 season.

we wouldnt be a contender, but sanchez sucks despite the mediocrity around him. he is awful. sh!tty. terrible. But no matter who you put under center (except a top 5 qb who we aint gettin) we're still a bad team.

we wouldnt be a contender, but sanchez sucks despite the mediocrity around him. he is awful. sh!tty. terrible. But no matter who you put under center (except a top 5 qb who we aint gettin) we're still a bad team.

Exactly, the post was not to say Sanchez doesn't suck, it was basically saying the whole roster sucks not just Sanchez.

Archived