•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

This Debacle needs a name.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Well Guys, after the "Thanksgiving" debacle, I know we are all feeling a little low, I'm not sure where this ranks in the long list of Jet "failures" perhaps Top 5? Although this mess has to be given a name.

I say it shall forever be called "The ButtBowl" and take it's place amongst our list of Epic Jet Failures..

The Mudbowl.

The "Cleveland double-overtime "Mark Gastineau Roughing the Passer"
More Resent Steel City "No show"

and now "ButtBowl!".

Posted Image

Edited by BurnleyJet, 24 November 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#2 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,348 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Buttfumble game is probably it.
Posted Image

#3 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,683 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

So after the team sucks in every single aspect of the game its once again all about the QB ?

How about sh!tbowl

Proud Member of the AVM

#4 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,980 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

The real Dirty Sanchez mon

#5 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,092 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

the worst part of that gif is look at the blocking ! if they pulled it off they would have gotten a first down !
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#6 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 29,053 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

So after the team sucks in every single aspect of the game its once again all about the QB ?

How about sh!tbowl

You really can't see the singular absurdity of Sanchez's fumble? They won't stop showing that clip on "Football Follies" type specials & segments for at least 20-30 years.

Sure there's a whole lot on this team that blows but just like Sanchez gets credit for "leading" the team to the playoffs his first 2 seasons (laughable as that claim is/was), he's going to get the brunt of this as well. Especially when he fails so colorfully.

Years from now no one will care if the rest of the team has giant holes in it or if Rex is in over his head. There's nothing special about that. There is something special about a QBs feet slipping out from underneath himself and then fumbling after running into his ownlineman's ass.

JetNation.com

#7 NorthCoastJetsFan

NorthCoastJetsFan

Senior Igloo Engineer

• Members
  • 707 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Buttbowl is OK, but I prefer a simple "Thanksgiving Turkeys Game" to show the tot ineptitude of the team.

#8 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,176 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Spanksgiving

#9 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,980 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Booty Fall

#10 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

I don't know about the game, but that play can be called "the fumblerimsky" (get it? rim job, blah)
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#11 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

How about sh!tbowl

How about we just name the play?

The Mod Lounge.

Posted Image

#12 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,683 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

You really can't see the singular absurdity of Sanchez's fumble? They won't stop showing that clip on "Football Follies" type specials & segments for at least 20-30 years.

Sure there's a whole lot on this team that blows but just like Sanchez gets credit for "leading" the team to the playoffs his first 2 seasons (laughable as that claim is/was), he's going to get the brunt of this as well. Especially when he fails so colorfully.

Years from now no one will care if the rest of the team has giant holes in it or if Rex is in over his head. There's nothing special about that. There is something special about a QBs feet slipping out from underneath himself and then fumbling after running into his ownlineman's ass.

Dont believe I mentioned the Sanchez fumble to say wheather it was absurd or not. I did think it was ridiculous and Im not sure WTF he was thinking but one bad play like that does not explain the debacle we witnessed on thrusday night. Of course your hatred of Sanchez wants to make it all about Sanchez totally putting aside all the other bullsh*t that goes on with this disorganized mess of a team. You refuse to give any responsibility for the mishandling of this QB to the coaches or front office and just constantly claim he sucks.

Did you see the single absurdity of the Greene or McKnight Fumbles ? or the horrible coverage on a RB that Scott was responsible for ? thats 21 points right there not to mention other blown coverages on defense.

Proud Member of the AVM

#13 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Dont believe I mentioned the Sanchez fumble to say wheather it was absurd or not. I did think it was ridiculous and Im not sure WTF he was thinking but one bad play like that does not explain the debacle we witnessed on thrusday night. Of course your hatred of Sanchez wants to make it all about Sanchez totally putting aside all the other bullsh*t that goes on with this disorganized mess of a team. You refuse to give any responsibility for the mishandling of this QB to the coaches or front office and just constantly claim he sucks.

Did you see the single absurdity of the Greene or McKnight Fumbles ? or the horrible coverage on a RB that Scott was responsible for ? thats 21 points right there not to mention other blown coverages on defense.

yes i know you wont respond to this post because u never do but of course it explains the awfulness witnessed on thanksgiving.

What are people talking about we fumbled on a kick return and gave it up for a touchdown or gave up a touchdown to brady? It happens to teams does it mean they bad yes but it still happens. Sanchez on the other hand did a play that may be shown for years to come and was number 1 on the not top plays friday. That isnt a normal football play that happens every once in a while. That is what we like to say on this board the SANCHEZ SUCKS factor.

i cant believe you even defend him at this point. comparing that play to greenes fumble??!?! It was the cherry on the top of the jets awful showing and it sums it up perfectly

#14 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Brokeback Mooretain

#15 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,719 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

The Moore buttrape works. Holmes' sniper shot. Rex's foot in mouth. Bart vs. the media. The Captain Debacle. The huddle brawl. Woodhead gets the last laugh. Jets need for a saftey after trading Lowery, Cotch's exile, Terminated. Mevis...etc

Edited by HessStation, 24 November 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#16 ylekram

ylekram

BLUE EYED DEVIL

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • Locationhamden,ct.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

How about we just name the play?

The Mod Lounge.

i acame up with the a$$ crack sack. thought that was appropriate and funny

#17 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

The "I went to the crapper and returned to a worst stench' game
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#18 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

"Play Like a Jet" game.

#19 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,057 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

The "How Mark got his Dirty Sanchez" Game

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#20 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Jets Give New Meaning to Headbutt

#21 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Sanchez and Butthead- heh heh heh

Edited by Cyberjet, 24 November 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#22 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sanchez magic act to disappear up Moore's ass fails

#23 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,092 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

fanny follies
skidmark express
ass sack
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#24 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,092 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

crappy thanksgiving

#25 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Wartime Consigliere

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

The Thanksgiving Day Massacre describes the game overall

featuring the infamous butt-fumble debacle, a separate debacle in itself and microcosmic at that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users