•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How can we push Woody to axe Tanny?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

The last months I have had one thought in my mind that will not go away. I know that many of you have the same problem and I want a serious discussion about it. It seems much more important than any other of the endless negatives we can discuss.

I understand that we have little, if any, influence on a owner that seems to care more of money than success. But we need to try in order to get a new GM. If not, we will have no bright future to look forward to.

I have not been around that long to know what usually works. Is empty seats the only way to get him to act? If so, donĀ“t go more this year and you who buy season tickets, hold out next year until Tanny is gone. If the Jets get money from us that use game pass, I for one will not purchase that for next year.

So the question is now out there, will these moves be effective or is there anything else we can do?

#2 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,275 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

If Sanchez' extension isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back, then I'm afraid the Jets might be stuck with him for life.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#3 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Even a Pr*ck like Woody knows it's time for Tanny to go, He's just concidering if he keeps Rex now. After the National humiliation against the Pats even he realises it's time.

I was watching Bilicheat on the sidelines, and I think even he felt embarrassed for us.

#4 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,352 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Lack of butts in seats, paper bags like the old days, signs ..chants.....its worth a try...

#5 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

They are both staying mon rexey and tanny will dance together for another year mon

#6 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

How can we push Woody to sell the team?

#7 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

How can we push Woody to sell the team?

leave a trail of popcorn from his house to cubans

#8 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,652 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Now I know it may not have seemed like a good idea a few years ago when the Knicks were really struggling but I still think that the Dolans would have been better owners than this clown. At least the Jets would have been playing in the coolest stadium in the greatest city in the world instead of "sharing" a stadium and always being reminded of whose place it actually is. The team that wins is who "owns" that place and there is only 1 team that goes to and actually WINS super bowls in that town and it ain't our Jets...so yea, I wish that the Dolans won that deal instead of Woody Johnson

#9 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,104 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

turn your back

stop watching the gamnes, don't buy any jet merch
stop spending money on his hobby

rich guys really hate to take a loss in anything.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#10 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 29,067 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Light a bag of doody on his front stoop.

JetNation.com

#11 KINGDIRK

KINGDIRK

Free Agent

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

If Sanchez' extension isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back, then I'm afraid the Jets might be stuck with him for life.

Agreed. Woody doesnt know sh*t about football but he loves money - and understands that Sanchez sucks. If Tanny gets a pass on the Sanchez contract (on top of everything else) well then were completely screwed.

#12 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Waterboard the guy. This is really important.

Edited by jack48, 24 November 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#13 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Rich owners like Woody cherish 2 things - money and their image. You hit them in their wallet or public embarass them to get action. In Woody's case I'm not sure if the Thursday night game is embarassment enough unfortunatey. I agree with the other poster that it starts by not going to games, and the ones that do should wear bags over their heads and carry signs that call for Woody to sell the team. Make sure all of this gets on TV. What owner would not feel ill seeing their stadiums half empty and mostly filled with visiting team fans, and the rest wearing bags over their heads calling for the team to be sold. Flood the sports radio shows bad mouthing Woody and make it a point that you will not spend another dime or minute on this team until changes are made.

I'll take it a step further, although I'm not sure how feasabile it is. Organize a boycott against J&J products until changes are made. Promote the boycott through the media and airwaves. That's where Woody makes his money, so why not stop buying his products to make a point?

#14 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

This forum could use a, Tanny Sucks, Fire Him, thread.

#15 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,352 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'll take it a step further, although I'm not sure how feasabile it is. Organize a boycott against J&J products until changes are made. Promote the boycott through the media and airwaves. That's where Woody makes his money, so why not stop buying his products to make a point?

I don't think he has anything to do with j&j anymore ..I could be wrong though ..

#16 Lizard King

Lizard King

Special Breed of Crazy

• Members
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Advertisement in NY Times?

#17 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,275 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Advertisement in NY Times?

I was thinking about this as well. We'll need Sperm to catagorize all of Tannenbaum's crimes against the Jets into a digestible format that even lay Jet fans can understand.

And Shane can edit it, maybe put a ^this on the bottom of the page with his initials.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#18 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,857 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Light a bag of doody on his front stoop.

this isn't the 1960s lol
The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#19 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I would gladly chip in for a full page anti Tanny collaboration between Sperm and TS in the NY times

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 24 November 2012 - 06:39 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#20 Lizard King

Lizard King

Special Breed of Crazy

• Members
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I was thinking about this as well. We'll need Sperm to catagorize all of Tannenbaum's crimes against the Jets into a digestible format that even lay Jet fans can understand.

And Shane can edit it, maybe put a ^this on the bottom of the page with his initials.

Hey, it worked for Martin Luther. And those Giants fans in the '80s with their plane banner and boycott.

Big letters: "Fire Tannenbaum" - and then a list of 50 major mistakes on a full page ad.

#21 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I still think this mess personnel wise is more Rex than Tanny.

They both need to go!

#22 SpartanJet

SpartanJet

Time for a REXecution

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Even if thats true, its the GM's job to make the roster and another reason to get a real GM who knows about football not bean counting.

#23 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,852 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

kind of hard to take the bag over the head thing seriously when there hasn't been a losing season in 5 years.

#24 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,857 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

kind of hard to take the bag over the head thing seriously when there hasn't been a losing season in 5 years.

I understand where you're coming from

BUT the fact that the Jets went into this season with absolutely NO upgrades on offense (i.e. cutting Plaxico and replacing him with Clyde Gates, Stephen "the ghost" Hill and the legendary Chaz Schilens...giving Sanchez a fat extension after the Tebow trade....keeping McElroy even though he's a jerk.....besies Powell (his second year) what is there to be excited about on this offense?

basically the Jets we're prepared to fail fro the get-go when they HAD chances to bring back Cotchery and Plax and/or bring in a free agent

and on the defensive side the only plus I see is Laron Landry but he'll be gone next year
The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#25 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

The only way Woody will fire Tanny and Rex is if the stadium is empty for next 2 home games. At the very least a well orchestrated blackout with airplane banners flying, like chefs fans are doing.

Otherwise both circus clowns will still be here next yr. the ball is in Jet fans hands mon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users