Fireman Ed Stepping Down

Maxman

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say, I think this sucks... Our fanbase sucks. Other teams fans root for their team. Our fans root against each other, caring more about hating on a guy for conducting a cheer than the success of the team. We have no home field advantage because our fans are dim-witted, envious, pigs... the majority of our fanbase really doesn't deserve a winner. They deserve exactly what they get.

I understand this year has been quite comical due to this organization's choices... Tebow , the ****ed up O-Line, the overly optimistic in denial staff we have...

But if he's been a fan for more than the last decade... he sure has seen worse.

To me this is merely a cry for publicity. Nothing can be worse than 1-15 not even the current train wreck.

Gotta say, I think this sucks... Our fanbase sucks. Other teams fans root for their team. Our fans root against each other, caring more about hating on a guy for conducting a cheer than the success of the team. We have no home field advantage because our fans are dim-witted, envious, pigs... the majority of our fanbase really doesn't deserve a winner. They deserve exactly what they get.

We have no HFA bc they pushed the seating out as wide as they could to maximize searing capacity, which reduced noise levels. See also: New Yankee Stadium

cry-laguna-beach-lauren-conrad-lc-sad-Favim.com-240279_large.gif

I understand this year has been quite comical due to this organization's choices... Tebow , the ****ed up O-Line, the overly optimistic in denial staff we have...

But if he's been a fan for more than the last decade... he sure has seen worse.

To me this is merely a cry for publicity. Nothing can be worse than 1-15 not even the current train wreck.

I can tell you're very young. Outside of the Kotite Era, this year ranks right up with the worst we've ever seen. At least when we were 6-10 all the time in the 80's, we had players we liked, and you had the hope that they'd replace the coach when things went to Hell. Now? No.

FANS WHO POST INTERNET MEMES AND FANS WHO ACTUALLY BADGER AND HARASS THE MAN IN THE FIRE HELMET ARE THE SAME TYPE OF HORRIBLE PEOPLE AND I MUST TELL THE WORLD ABOUT THIS.

I can tell by your voluptuous breasts that you're very young. Outside of the Kotite Era, this year ranks right up with the worst we've ever seen. At least when we were 6-10 all the time in the 80's, we had players we liked, and you had the hope that they'd replace the coach when things went to Hell. Now? No.

Not sure the boob comment was needed.... -____-

I'll over look it as a compliment. But with Pennington we went 4-12 ... in 95 and 96 we had terrrribleee years ...

I just don't see the sudden change of heart since there's still about 5 games to be played.

I am back from my month long hiatus. What a wonderful month it has been. I moved he week of the Dolphin game, and have been extremely busy. ( was very lucky to have not been at that disaster)

The Seattle game really got to me. And of course in typical Jet fashion, they show up for the Ram game, just to give us a glimmer of hope. I was numb to the Pats game because its easy when your never in the game.

I know there have been several posts about this, but the thing that upsets me most is the retirement of Fireman Ed. Over the last 20 years that I have been a Jet fan, I could always count on one thing. and that was the chants. I will be in my seats on Sunday but things wont be the same. Then again its not like our sh*t team gives us a reason to chant anyway. Needless to say I will be in my seats for the Arizona and the Charger games extremely liquored up.

Anyway Im sure nobody missed me, but I figured I would let everyone know that I am settled into my new house and am back on the boards just in time to suffer out loud with my fellow fans.

Welcome back. And don't be down about Ed. That guy is a POS that we don't need if he just quits on the team altogether cause of a rough patch. I am glad to get rid of that stupid fair weather fan.

Thanks for the welcome back. I know Ed, not well but I do know him. (One of the guys I go to games with used to work with Ed. So for alot of the games we get a chance to chat for a bit. And a few times sat next to him for a game. ) I do not think he is doing this because of a rough patch. He is very intense and has a great passion for the team. What he wrote is very true. He takes a fair amount of abuse at games. I understand he used to be a dolphin fan, but he has missed very few games since the 70's, thats pretty solid dedication if u ask me.

Archived