•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Fireman Ed Story....

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

The new stadium killed it anyway. Ed im sure had his section and everyone he knew in the old place...it felt more real. In the new stadium him standing around the people in the lower level just looked fabricated. It wasnt the same.

True, to a point. I agree that people not sitting around people they use to does take away from the new stadium. I miss the old stadium because there was this one crazy sonofabitch who would sit behind me and just made the games more fun. The nicknames he gave to players, and the fact that he was crazy enough to wear shorts to the games even in 10 degree weather made things more interesting. He was just nuts, but it was a fun kind of nuts. I miss that group.
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#27 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

MEANWHILE, the national media is picking on the guy

Jim Rome: "Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Now the fans will be chanting J T E S"

Jim Rome is a bitch.
Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#28 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,697 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

I still don't understand what it is people hate about him.

JetNation.com

#29 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Ok, so I know Ed is taking a bit of a beating right now by a lot of Jets fans, and people are saying things like he is an attention whore, gets paid by the Jets, it's all about him, etc. Well, truth be told, I never understood the resentment and hate he received from lots of fans on the messageboards. After something I witnessed earlier this season, nobody is ever gonna be able to tell me this guy isn't genuine and a class act.

Don't remember what game it was, either the Bills or San Fran game this season this year, but I am sitting in my regular seats in the 33rd row, sharing the same aisle with Ed who is down in row 1. The guys who have the seats next to me are at the game, and have their father with them, who was visibly pretty frail. During the end of quarter timeout at the end of the 1st, one of the guys runs down the aisle and I can see him get to Ed and is talking to him for a few minutes, before returning to his seats. A few minutes later I see Ed, in between plays during a time out, running up the stairs 2 at a time like he usually does when he runs up to use the bathroom or whatever else. But this time, he stops at my row and walks in and up to the guys frail looking father, puts his arm around him and embraces him for a solid 2-3 minutes, whispering in his ear and talking to him. The man cracked the biggest smile ever at this. Now, mind you, this is going on while everyone surrounding us is going apes#it. Ed just lingered there for 5-10 minutes talking to the guys and their father and taking photos with them and then anyone else who wanted one. He did this until he was literally dragged away by whatever stadium team rep who handles him.
After Ed left, I looked at the guy who went down originally to talk to Ed and asked what that was about. The guy tells me his father is battling cancer and not doing well and he went down to tell Ed and ask if he could stop by our row for a quick pic on his way up.
Now, first off, Ed didn't have to come by, and he certainly didn't have to stick around, hugging the guy and talking to him like they were old pals the way he did. As someone who has dealt with cancer myself and has had people I don't really know act fake concerned, I can usually spot the pretenders, and Ed was not being a pretender that day. I know after witnessing Ed take the time to run up the stairs to cheer up some old guy he didn't know that I would never begrudge him any of his fame. He was a class act.
Just thought this needed to be shared to counter the peanut gallery.

Ed probably knows somebody who has cancer, or has passed away from it. Hard to get to a certain age and not.

My Mom has Stage 4 Cancer, and has gone into remission, and I lost two relatives this year to it. Cancer victims deserve all the support we can give. Had to smile with something like that over your head, for the person, or the family.

People who attack a guy like Ed are pretty sorry excuses for Jets fans......
BD

#30 BaumerJet

BaumerJet

Jets enthusiast since '68

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationNorth Plainfield, NJ

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Ed was a product of the NFL Media in the early 90's. Foxjet & I know because we watched Ed become "Fireman Ed" at the NFL Draft so long ago.

That being said:
  • Many believe that Ed became a part of the organization when Woody attempted the construction of a new stadium near the Javitz Center
  • His image grew from those events & at away games where the "Official" travel company of the New York Jets hired him to be at their mixer the night before a game as well as at the game itself
Now, do I blame him for going off - no.

Still, you have to read the article & make up your own mind:

ED ANZALONE
NEW YORK

Published: November 25, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Last modified: November 25, 2012 7:00 p.m.

On Thanksgiving night, I left the Jets game before halftime. This was the second time in a row I left before there were four zeroes on the clock. We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before. I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter.

I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.

I have enjoyed my time in chanting the greatest chant in all of sports. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful Jets fans around the world and look forward to the day we all can raise the Lombardi Trophy as one and celebrate a world championship down the Canyon of Heroes!

I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed. God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!

–Fireman Ed Anzalone was a New York City firefighter for two decades and has been a Jets fan since 1975.

+
http://www.metro.us/...-but-not-as-fan
Posted Image
THE GREAT EXPERIMENT CONTINUES

#31 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 33,355 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Ed was a product of the NFL Media in the early 90's. Foxjet & I know because we watched Ed become "Fireman Ed" at the NFL Draft so long ago.

That being said:

• Many believe that Ed became a part of the organization when Woody attempted the construction of a new stadium near the Javitz Center
  • His image grew from those events & at away games where the "Official" travel company of the New York Jets hired him to be at their mixer the night before a game as well as at the game itself

+

He sounds like an awful guy. LOL, people bitching about this dude are envious, insecure babies.

Listen, a guy can only be ****ed with and take the high road for so long. If you walk down the same alley every night, and every night you get ****ed with and people threaten you, eventually you have to do what any street smart individual with a lot to lose would do... stop walking down the alley.

I've had to do it myself. Some a$$holes don't stop until they get the altercation they want. It's a self-validation ritual for them. Normal people, like me, just want to mind their own ****ing business.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#32 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,753 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

God I wish Jim Everett would of be hit him to a bloody pulp.

So do I.

What a Poser.

#33 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,507 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

That being said:

+

Baumer - you are looking at a group of hundreds of people that even know Ed did the travel stuff. So I don't think that had much to do with his image at all. Only die-hard road trippers even know about it.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#34 JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector

Where? In the car?

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Normal people, like me

lolwut
Posted Image

#35 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 33,355 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

lolwut

heh, nice.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users