Jets Get Destroyed By Fans

jetsjetsjetsfireman

Apple crisp with Ice Cream,

Baby Crush had a severe right shoulder injury snatching a running back with one arm fourth to last game of the year. Still played basically with one arm. His team missed the conference title game by an onside kick. He did well. Surgery on shoulder coming up. Should be fine for next year. He had a great year. Only a sophmore and has had 22 varsity starts already.

Sorry to hear about shoulder, he is a workout warrior, will be stronger than ever....cant wait to saturday rolltide

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone saying it was warranted, let me ask you this, outside of a sports arena, could you ever see yourself screaming at another person like that? Someone who served you terrible food or have you bad service? Or would you walk up to one of those Jet players if you saw him on the street and scream like that?

But they're not outside a sports arena. They're inside. A place where they pay an exorbitant amount of money simply for the right to buy ridiculously priced tickets to be there, where they're strongly encouraged to be as loud and passionate as possible in support of the team when things are going well. Are those same fans supposed to sit on their hands when they watch the team literally fall apart in fron of them? Are they expected to turn off the passion when things go bad?

I don't think so.

And if I'm ever in a restaurant that charges $150 bucks for a basket of fish & chips, drinking $15 beers, and asked to cheer on the chef to make my fries crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, you can bet that I'll get pretty derisive if they arrive late and soggy.

My point is, standing 5 feet in front of the people you are screaming at, of course while protected by security, a wall, and the understanding that if they hit you it will cost millions in a lawsuit, is that acceptable behavior from one human to another? I had some employees that ended up as incompetent as any Jet player could be, some coat me a lot of money, one ultimately cost me my business. I fired them, but I would never think to scream at them like that.

Everyone saying it was warranted, let me ask you this, outside of a sports arena, could you ever see yourself screaming at another person like that? Someone who served you terrible food or have you bad service? Or would you walk up to one of those Jet players if you saw him on the street and scream like that?

i think its different man. In the entertainment business you are suppose to cheer or boo. Sports are awesome when a whole city can come together and be passionate about something. This isnt anything new people have cheered and booed for different teams for over 100 years.

heck ive seen worse after a Philadelphia eagles win.

And if I'm ever in a restaurant that charges $150 bucks for a basket of fish & chips, drinking $15 beers, and asked to cheer on the chef to make my fries crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, you can bet that I'll get pretty derisive if they arrive late and soggy.

Couldn't agree more Slats. It's fine to say if you don't like the product, don't support it, don't go to the games, don't buy the stuff. But that ship has sailed - too late for most of the money spent on this team by the fans this year. I think anybody who paid to sit as close as those in the video did have every right to tell the cast in this horror film that they suck and don't bother coming back out if the result is watching more of the same buffoonery And more importantly I think the cast needs to hear that their adoring public aren't very enamored with the way they play football. That they're not bigger than life superstars in the eyes of the fans - they're thieves who are taking sizable sums of money from the people in the stadium for a crap performance.

We as fans (and feeders of the financial pipeline) don't get to vote on whether the players get their paychecks for the game they just played - critiquing their performance is the only option and I fully understand those that exercised it.

Joe and others who see it differently - that's your right and I fully respect it. But if I was close enough for them to hear me they would have heard as loud of a sustained boo as I could produce.

I stood in the field boxes at Wrigley and loudly booed Sammy Sosa WELL before that was a popular pastime because he was a POS. It's about the fans only recourse.

If the Jets offered to refund the money everyone spent on the tickets, parking, and other misc - I'm sure they would get some apologies for the "behavior" - but I don't see that happening.

My point is, standing 5 feet in front of the people you are screaming at, of course while protected by security, a wall, and the understanding that if they hit you it will cost millions in a lawsuit, is that acceptable behavior from one human to another? I had some employees that ended up as incompetent as any Jet player could be, some coat me a lot of money, one ultimately cost me my business. I fired them, but I would never think to scream at them like that.

But they're not outside a sports arena. They're inside. A place where they pay an exorbitant amount of money simply for the right to buy ridiculously priced tickets to be there, where they're strongly encouraged to be as loud and passionate as possible in support of the team when things are going well. Are those same fans supposed to sit on their hands when they watch the team literally fall apart in fron of them? Are they expected to turn off the passion when things go bad?

This.

I also think that people are going a bit overboard with what was said, as I think it's pretty tame. I work in the financial industry in IT and have had customers say things far worse to me and I can't think of a case where any of it was remotely justified. Rich a$$holes who think you're interfering with them making money have far sharper tongues than drunken louts at a football game. People need to grow thicker skin.

This.

I also think that people are going a bit overboard with what was said, as I think it's pretty tame. I work in the financial industry in IT and have had customers say things far worse to me and I can't think of a case where any of it was remotely justified. Rich a$$holes who think you're interfering with them making money have far sharper tongues than drunken louts at a football game. People need to grow thicker skin.

You need to man up, no way in hell I would let another man talk or yell at me like that, wow.

You need to man up, no way in hell I would let another man talk or yell at me like that, wow.

Yeah, I'm such a sniveling pussy that I'd prefer to continue to be able to provide for my family than let what some faceless douchebag says to me over a phone get to me.

This isn't a regular occurrence, but in the times that it's happened, I go about it by ignoring their ranting to remedy the issue. This has usually lead to me proving them wrong, after which, on top of making them feel dumb, I tell them that I don't think that it's a professional way to speak to someone.

Yeah, I'm such a sniveling pussy that I'd prefer to continue to be able to provide for my family than let what some faceless douchebag says to me over a phone get to me.

This isn't a regular occurrence, but in the times that it's happened, I go about it by ignoring their ranting to remedy the issue. This has usually lead to me proving them wrong, after which, on top of making them feel dumb, I tell them that I don't think that it's a professional way to speak to someone.

Ah good.

A brilliant alternative to a sad sack 401K.

Let's face it...........this has been a long time coming. They have not won squat since 1970. They got to the AFC championship only to be unprepared to play until after halftime. They ran their fat mouths, signed players to stupid contracts and extort obscene amounts of money from their fans. They have embarrassed and humiliated their fans for years. While I would not do what these fans did, I cannot feel bad for the players based on their putrid performance. Those seats will morph into empty seats as the season gets worse, and only that will get Woddrow to do anything at all.

Fact is - the NFL is an Entertainment Industry, period. The "athletes" are entertainers. We can sit in our living rooms, our bars, or, in the collasium itself, but it doesnt matter - if they aren't entertaining us properly, we can, and should, show the Emperor - Thumbs Down. If they are entertaining us - we shower them with adoration and shiny things.

Archived