Mark Sanchez "Loves" Jets Playoff Chances

CrazyCarl40

I wonder if he was concussed by Moore's backside.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mark-sanchez-says-new-york-jets-have-shot-playoffs-we-love-our-chances-112812

Sanchez likes Jets' playoff chances

NESN BY DOUG KYED

Updated Nov 28, 2012 4:04 AM ET

There are plenty of negative things to say about Mark Sanchez as a quarterback, but you can’t discount his optimism.

Just five days after getting shellacked by the New England Patriots, the New York Jets’ quarterback is still confident about his team’s playoff chances, despite a 4-7 record. Perhaps when things have hit rock bottom there’s nowhere to go but up, but unless Sanchez has plans to steal some of Tim Tebow‘s magic, the Jets don’t stand much of a chance.

“We feel great. We love our chances. We’ve got a special group,” Sanchez told David Satriano of the New York Post. “We’ll keep fighting and trying to win some games here. We will do our best. We’re just taking it one game at a time.”

The Jets would likely have to run the table to still make the postseason after such a poor start to the season. Their strength of schedule is on their side though. The Jets have the Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers and Bills left on their schedule. All of those teams are 4-7 or worse, but none have faced the same level of negativity from fans and media alike as the Jets.

This could be the Jets’ last chance at a playoff season for a while. Their salary cap situation is so bad entering the 2013 season, that they may be better off tanking their next season for high draft picks than even trying to compete.

If the Jets have any hope, it would come from turning to Tebow, but luckily for Sanchez, he’s got one of the longest leashes in the league, despite his awful performances this season. The Jets very unwisely signed the USC product to a contract extension this offseason that guaranteed his 2012 and 2013 salaries — for basically no reason other than to give him confidence.

Even if it was in the Jets’ best interests competitively to cut the Sanchize, it would make no sense whatsoever fiscally. If Sanchez stays on the team he will cost the team almost $13 million, if he’s cut he’ll cost over $17 million. So even if it means storing Sanchez on the bench, keeping him is the team’s best option.

The Jets may face five teams with losing records to end the season, and they may have confidence from their starting quarterback, but after watching the pathetic Thanksgiving display against the Patriots, this team has no shot in extending their season, even if it meant playing the Kansas City Chiefs five times in a row.

"We feel great. We love our chances. We’ve got a group,”

Where do these positive comments come from??? He'll forever be known as ass-face thanks to the Moore Play.

What is he supposed to say. "We suck, we are done, I wanna crawl back in Moores ass and hide till the season is over?"

No but don't lie to me and tell me that "Santa is bringing me a Lambo"

"We feel great. We love our chances. We’ve got a group,”

Where do these positive comments come from??? He'll forever be known as ass-face thanks to the Moore Play.

No but don't lie to me and tell me that "Santa is bringing me a Lambo"

I watch a lot of mma, and when I saw Sanchez go down, I was sure he was dead.

This could be the Jets’ last chance at a playoff season for a while. Their salary cap situation is so bad entering the 2013 season, that they may be better off tanking their next season for high draft picks than even trying to compete.

i hate this thinking. talkinga bout tanking the 2013 season in dec of 2012.

What is he supposed to say. "We suck, we are done, I wanna crawl back in Moores ass and hide till the season is over?"

my biggest problem is his choice of words. We feel great? We love our chances?

thats the biggest bullsh*t ive ever heard unless he seriously is ok with mediocrity. I woulda liked to have seen him say its been rough or we havnt played up to standards and that they will work hard to turn it around. Admit theyve been playing sucky not necessarily that they suck

HOW ABOUT THIS!

my biggest problem is his choice of words. We feel great? We love our chances?

thats the biggest bullsh*t ive ever heard unless he seriously is ok with mediocrity. I woulda liked to have seen him say its been rough or we havnt played up to standards and that they will work hard to turn it around. Admit theyve been playing bad not necessarily that they suck

HOW ABOUT THIS!

Too bad he hasn't mattered since then.

Mark's delirium is starting to remind me of A-rod.

At least A-Rod has a decade and a half of HOF production and a couple of historic post-season performances to fall back on. This kid literally has done nothing individually to warrant his optimism. I'm not saying he's wrong for saying optimistic, I just wish for once he'd say "I played like absolute sh*t, but I'm going to do whatever I can do get better." That I could at least respect. Don't tell me other than a few plays you played well, just man up and say you played like dick and you'll do better. That's all I want to hear.

At least A-Rod has a decade and a half of HOF production and a couple of historic post-season performances to fall back on. This kid literally has done nothing individually to warrant his optimism. I'm not saying he's wrong for saying optimistic, I just wish for once he'd say "I played like absolute sh*t, but I'm going to do whatever I can do get better." That I could at least respect. Don't tell me other than a few plays you played well, just man up and say you played like dick and you'll do better. That's all I want to hear.

Why didn't we think of this sooner? Get Sanchez some steroids!

I have never seen any single case of or collection of athletes that talks as much sh*t that they never back up as Rex Ryan's New York Jets have. This team is going to be the butt of jokes for the next several decades with all of this stuff the past 4 seasons. It's really unparalleled. All bluster, all bully, no balls, all quitters. And they can say they won't quit all they want to, but this team has quit on the field several times this season. It's pathetic, just shut up already with this crap. Sanchez especially, my god dude.

Why didn't we think of this sooner? Get Sanchez some steroids!

Sanchez is too big of a mental midget for anything to help him. I've been petitioning for GMC to get on the Brady routine of PEDs for a while now. Regardless, people can hate on A-Rod, Bonds and Manny all they want, but those guys are unequivocally three of the most physically gifted baseball players of all time. Comparatively, Sanchez's talent level doesn't even come into their stratospheres.

Sanchez is too big of a mental midget for anything to help him. I've been petitioning for GMC to get on the Brady routine of PEDs for a while now. Regardless, people can hate on A-Rod, Bonds and Manny all they want, but those guys are unequivocally three of the most physically gifted baseball players of all time. Comparatively, Sanchez's talent level doesn't even come into their stratospheres.

"We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth's name. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Why don't people talk about that"

Archived