I want Sanchez to keep his starting job the rest of the season

slats

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez was barely a middle of the pack QB when he had the leagues best running game and the leagues best defense.

Now, with poor weapons, he's cemented himself as one of the 3 or 4 worst, and possibly the worst starter in the league.

He's been lucky enough to Schotty and Sparano.

i went to school with guys like woody (or woody's late daughter more accurately) and i currently work on Wall St. i see the mindset. It's one thing to try and fail it's another thing to just waste money for spite. Paying Mark 10 mill to play for another team or sit the bench is never gonna happen. you can believe me or not. I am not saying it's right or fair, or what I would do. i'm saying it's a likely outcome.

You have totally contradicted yourself.

You say he is a stand-off owner who doesn't meddle like a Jerry Jones.

You also say he will insist that Sanchez is the starter no matter how bad he is.

And working on Wall Street does not mean you can get into the mindset of Woody Johnson as an employer. He is nothing like your employer or similar high pressure types. He is spending his own money that was fully made by other people, not money he made himself through years of the daily grind and pressure.

***edit: just saw that Slats made this identical point as to saying Woody Johnson isn't a meddling owner and would be a meddling owner at the same time.

You are right. I guess that is why Alex Smith is starting this week in SF...

Alex Smith makes 5 million dollars and is in the last year of his contract. Mark Sanchez makes 10+ mil and has this year and next year where he's uncutable meanwhile Kaep is their QB of the future. The Jets situation has no (other) QB of the future, and alot more money on Mark.

Alex Smith makes 5 million dollars and is in the last year of his contract. Mark Sanchez makes 10+ mil and has this year and next year where he's uncutable meanwhile Kaep is their QB of the future. The Jets situation has no (other) QB of the future, and alot more money on Mark.

So next year, when Sanchez could essentially be in the last year of his contract, they'll no longer feel obligated to start him, right?

I still think Tebow's contract has more to do with the QB rotation than Mark's.

So next year, when Sanchez could essentially be in the last year of his contract, they'll no longer feel obligated to start him, right?

I still think Tebow's contract has more to do with the QB rotation than Mark's.

even next year, it will be 10 million dollars. that's alot of change to pay a guy to hold a clipboard. but yeah if Mark stunk and they had a 2nd round QB or something they wanted to play, i could see a late season benching. Alot of ifs there.

Tebow's contract is definitely part of it but in the end I don't think tebow is any better than mark. despite what the message boards say. It's possible for Mark to be awful and Tebow (and Greg McElroy) to be worse.

even next year, it will be 10 million dollars. that's alot of change to pay a guy to hold a clipboard. but yeah if Mark stunk and they had a 2nd round QB or something they wanted to play, i could see a late season benching. Alot of ifs there.

Tebow's contract is definitely part of it but in the end I don't think tebow is any better than mark. despite what the message boards say. It's possible for Mark to be awful and Tebow (and Greg McElroy) to be worse.

$8.25M next year.

I think Tebow sucks, too. But Sanchez has played poorly enough to get benched for a half, or a start, or something. The Broncos played Tebow to shut up their fans, and Tebow wound up shutting up Elway. The Jets can't afford to have the same thing happen here, because the result would be a $5M bump in Tebow's pay in 2013.

Archived