Myers: Scott says fans cursing at Jets were probably 'picked last in dodgeball'

THE ILK

Super Bowl appearance or God forbid win?

Still exciting seasons, IMO. 2010 was probably my favorite as a Jets fan. To each his own. When you're a Jets fan, you settle for those things, I guess.

It was all fluff.

2 top 3 finishes on D is not fluff, bub.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still exciting seasons, IMO. 2010 was probably my favorite as a Jets fan. To each his own. When you're a Jets fan, you settle for those things, I guess.

2 top 3 finishes on D is not fluff, bub.

Where is the culture now?

F-L-U-F FLUF FLUF FLUFF!

You are 100% correct. However, he's an a$$hole and we should have gotten Ray. :)

Lol - there is no way on earth that Steve Bisciotti or Ozzie Newsome would let him leave. Come'on. He's one of the if not, the greatest LB of all time and the face of the franchise for the last decade.

Lol - there is no way on earth that Steve Bisciotti or Ozzie Newsome would let him leave. Come'on. He's one of the if not, the greatest LB of all time and the face of the franchise for the last decade.

Lewis was a FA on the day we signed Bart Scott. He was still a FA for about 2 weeks after Bart Scott was signed.

Bart Scott got 50% more guaranteed money on his deal than Ray Lewis got 2 weeks later, after the the Jets set the bar with Bart Scott's deal. That's how out of whack Bart Scott's contract was. Lewis could have easily been had for less than Scott.

You are 100% correct. However, he's an a$$hole and we should have gotten Ray. :)

Lewis, Suggs and Reed made Rex Ryan. They set a tone on the field for their teammates to exemplify, and Rex got accolades and ultimately a head coaching job, because of their performance.

With the Jets, their are no real leaders on the field (despite the want of the head coach to just give out "C"s), and that leaves Ryan in a lurch. He is seemingly unable to develop leaders, as he is not one himself, and this leaves the Jets desolate in seeking identity.

Lewis was a FA on the day we signed Bart Scott. He was still a FA for about 2 weeks after Bart Scott was signed.

So? They still werent going to let him walk.

Lewis, Suggs and Reed made Rex Ryan. They set a tone on the field for their teammates to exemplify, and Rex got accolades and ultimately a head coaching job, because of their performance.

His top 3 ranked D's 2 years straight followed by a top 5, would beg to differ.

With the Jets, their are no real leaders on the field (despite the want of the head coach to just give out "C"s), and that leaves Ryan in a lurch. He is seemingly unable to develop leaders, as he is not one himself, and this leaves the Jets desolate in seeking identity.

I think you are right. Even though he was a players coach there, he was an assistant. Brian Billick didn't take any sh*t. The guys you listed are leaders in their roles, something that doesn't happen if you're immature and unfocused. Having fun and playing hard is different than being a loud mouthed burnout who physically cannot lead by example.

So? They still werent going to let him walk.

After two weeks of negotiating after Scott's deal set the market with $8M/year with $22M guaranteed, Baltimore signed Lewis for $6M/year with $15M guaranteed.

We got Scott instead of Lewis because that's who Rex Ryan wanted, not because Baltimore was going to pay any price for Lewis.

After two weeks of negotiating after Scott's deal set the market with $8M/year with $22M guaranteed, Baltimore signed Lewis for $6M/year with $15M guaranteed.

We got Scott instead of Lewis because that's who Rex Ryan wanted, not because Baltimore was going to pay any price for Lewis.

As I recall, Lewis was upset that Ryan would not target him.

Believe whatever you want, but IMO you're all delusional if you think Ray Lewis was ever leaving Baltimore.

They made Ryan, and all the defensive coordinators for that team before him. Honestly that defense was a launchpad for many head coaching opportunities, with varying degrees of success. Mike Nolan for example.

The Jet organization, devoid of leadership has no idea how to handle these types of situations. Regardless of how you feel, do not take it to the media. It only makes you look more trite and sensitive.

But, with a loudmouth like Ryan in charge, who feels it is appropriate to tell everyone exactly what he is thinking, this is what you get.

The Jets PR department could stand to talk to some of these guys.

Yes. This.

Bart Scott is another clueless, pampered athlete who forgets where the money from his contract comes from.

Everything the fans said was true.

I cant wait to see him blow out a knee and the fans cheer as they drag his carcass off the field.

Seriously. As impressed with himself as he may be, I'm sure for a few millions bucks any one of us could go out there and get our asses thoroughly kicked and be completely embarrassed on national TV. It's really not all that difficult of a task.

Seriously. As impressed with himself as he may be, I'm sure for a few millions bucks any one of us could go out there and get our asses thoroughly kicked and be completely embarrassed on national TV. It's really not all that difficult of a task.

You're high.

I don't recall, but I'll take your word for it. That makes it even worse.

I think what happened was Rex wanted to go after Lewis, but the front office pretty much said the odds of him coming here are slim and he is just going to use us for leverage. I think they were also a bit scared of making the move because of the way Favre blew up with the team the year before. With Rex out of the mix Lewis has no leverage at all which is why he got signed under market. Scott was just a bad dollar signing from day 1. Too anxious to get a name quick rather than getting a good deal.

I still find it amusing that Scott is the guy complaining about people yelling obscenities at them while they were trying to do their job, when just last season he was busy flipping off reporters and pushing cameras for, you know, trying to do their job.

The Jet organization, devoid of leadership has no idea how to handle these types of situations. Regardless of how you feel, do not take it to the media. It only makes you look more trite and sensitive.

But, with a loudmouth like Ryan in charge, who feels it is appropriate to tell everyone exactly what he is thinking, this is what you get.

The Jets PR department could stand to talk to some of these guys.

This is what happens when you put loudmouth braggarts in charge of anything. Crazy idea guys-have an unexpressed thought. You aren't all that interesting, and once you cannot play football, no one will care a whit what you think about anything.

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” Abraham Lincoln

Archived