•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 is Sanchez' make or break year

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

whether you like it or not...

With that being the case and the Jets likely picking in the 15-20 range, who do we get? Are there any big time WR or RB prospects? I don't watch college football at all.

They can't possibly use another first rounder on Defense, right?

#2 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

LOL

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#3 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

He's already had his make or break year, and it was break.

He'll only get another one - to break yet again - if the Jets allow it to be so by bringing in no other options at the position.

No one could possibly believe in this waste of draft picks and cap space.

JetNation.com

#4 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

He'll only get another one - to break yet again - if the Jets allow it to be so by bringing in no other options at the position.

He's going to be the starter going into the year with what will hopefully be a revamped WR corps. He may not necessarily deserve it, but he will be.

#5 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

With that being the case and the Jets likely picking in the 15-20 range, who do we get? Are there any big time WR or RB prospects? I don't watch college football at all.

Of course they will. If Rex and Tanny are back they will go defense. There are some holes coming on defense and this is a strong defensive draft, as far as top tier talent in the first round.

I doubt they go receiver in the 1st round because of Hill and RB isn't a position you draft in the first round anymore unless you are getting Peterson talent. I mean, look at Alfred Morris.

#6 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

He's going to be the starter going into the year with what will hopefully be a revamped WR corps. He may not necessarily deserve it, but he will be.

May not?

JetNation.com

#7 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

May not?

Pac sucks at dodge ball.

Posted Image

#8 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Of course they will. If Rex and Tanny are back they will go defense. There are some holes coming on defense and this is a strong defensive draft, as far as top tier talent in the first round.

I doubt they go receiver in the 1st round because of Hill and RB isn't a position you draft in the first round anymore unless you are getting Peterson talent. I mean, look at Alfred Morris.

Why would Hill being picked in the 2nd preclude the Jets from going WR? Wilkerson didn't stop them from going after Copeland. If the LB position is top heavy I could see them making a move there but how can they ignore the offense again?

Their model of trying to obtain weapons via FA has been an abject failure. Surely they have to recognize this.

#9 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

You're pathetic.

There are zero top flight skills players coming out this year. Definitely not one I'd take as high as the Jets are picking. The best WR's in college are returning for another season - Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins.

The Tennessee tandem of Justin Hunter Cordarrelle Patterson are coming out, good players but I wouldnt touch either in the first round. Both have drop issues. Tavon Austin looks to be a play maker but he's out of the Kerley and Holmes mold of smaller WR types. Hopkins from Clemson is more a 2nd rounder. Same with Woods out at USC.

A couple of TE's who might crack the 1st round but again, wouldnt touch them where the Jets will be drafting.

Pretty much one of the worst drafts I can remember in a long time.
Posted Image

#10 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

May not?

his arsenal is doo doo, chief.

way too much money invested in him to not give him one last chance with a real NFL offense.

#11 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

You're pathetic.

There are zero top flight skills players coming out this year. Definitely not one I'd take as high as the Jets are picking. The best WR's in college are returning for another season - Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins.

The Tennessee tandem of Justin Hunter Cordarrelle Patterson are coming out, good players but I wouldnt touch either in the first round. Both have drop issues. Tavon Austin looks to be a play maker but he's out of the Kerley and Holmes mold of smaller WR types. Hopkins from Clemson is more a 2nd rounder. Same with Woods out at USC.

A couple of TE's who might crack the 1st round but again, wouldnt touch them where the Jets will be drafting.

So they just take another m'fukin D lineman again?

#12 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

way too much money invested in him to not give him one last chance with a real NFL offense.

He is doo doo, chief. He's doo doo when his receivers are totally wide open, however unheralded they are.

Way too much money invested in dozens of other players (not to mention other Jets employees) to waste by giving him another chance. Chief.

JetNation.com

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I like Eifert out of ND. Could finally rid ourselves of Keller.

#14 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,320 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Statements 1 & 2 - spot on. It's the 3rd one that puts a knot in my stomach.
NATION....... JETNATION

#15 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,668 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

LOL LMAO 2013 break year still laughing mon

#16 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

herpa derp weapons derp derpity doooooooo

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#17 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

He is doo doo, chief. He's doo doo when his receivers are totally wide open, however unheralded they are.

Way too much money invested in dozens of other players (not to mention other Jets employees) to waste by giving him another chance. Chief.

you keep coming back to this missing wide open WR's jazz as if it's the norm, hoss. you can cherry pick a couple plays from every NFL QB who miss wide open recievers. Brady missed one or 2 on Thanksgiving.

Edited by Pac, 29 November 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#18 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

you keep coming back to this missing wide open WR's jazz as if it's the norm, hoss. you can cherry pick a couple plays from every NFL QB who miss wide open recievers. Brady missed one or 2 on Thanksgiving.

It is the norm. Even when it's a completed pass it's usually off the mark. USUALLY, not cherry picking.

You'd have to cherry pick to find throws that were dead-on accurate.

And Sanchez has not earned 1/100th of the benefit of the doubt like one of the best QBs of all time. The same way Adrian Peterson isn't ripped on for a fumble the way Shonn Greene is.

I'm confused. Aren't you a Jets fan? Don't you want the Jets to have a good QB? Or are you so emotionally invested in Sanchez you don't care what happens to the Jets unless it's with Sanchez at QB?

JetNation.com

#19 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Why would Hill being picked in the 2nd preclude the Jets from going WR? Wilkerson didn't stop them from going after Copeland. If the LB position is top heavy I could see them making a move there but how can they ignore the offense again? Their model of trying to obtain weapons via FA has been an abject failure. Surely they have to recognize this.

Copeland is going to be a beast!

So they just take another m'fukin D lineman again?

My guess is OLB. They need a pass rusher. Mingo, Warren, Carradine. Dont think they'll have a shot at Jones. I wouldnt even mind Ogletree. Jon Jenkins is a beast, I could see Rex drooling over him too.

That or go OL.
Posted Image

#20 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I like Eifert out of ND. Could finally rid ourselves of Keller.

Me too, but in the middle of the first round or higher? Plus, I think I like Ertz better.
Posted Image

#21 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,619 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

If the Jets were good I could live with a tight end, but were not. Best available fastest craziest guy from the SEC

#22 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

+1 it's not a good draft at the top end, if you are looking for franchise saving picks.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#23 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Lol, so much swag in this thread it's insane. At this point you gotta respect Pac's game. Sanchez a bust? F you Jetnation. I do what I want.

Posted Image

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#24 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Sanchez a bust? F you Jetnation. I do what I want.

So you're against taking a WR?

#25 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

So you're against taking a WR?

Hey man, whatever helps Sanchez in his make or break year.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users