2013 is Sanchez' make or break year

Pac

whether you like it or not...

With that being the case and the Jets likely picking in the 15-20 range, who do we get? Are there any big time WR or RB prospects? I don't watch college football at all.

They can't possibly use another first rounder on Defense, right?

He's already had his make or break year, and it was break.

He'll only get another one - to break yet again - if the Jets allow it to be so by bringing in no other options at the position.

No one could possibly believe in this waste of draft picks and cap space.

He's going to be the starter going into the year with what will hopefully be a revamped WR corps. He may not necessarily deserve it, but he will be.

With that being the case and the Jets likely picking in the 15-20 range, who do we get? Are there any big time WR or RB prospects? I don't watch college football at all.

Of course they will. If Rex and Tanny are back they will go defense. There are some holes coming on defense and this is a strong defensive draft, as far as top tier talent in the first round.

I doubt they go receiver in the 1st round because of Hill and RB isn't a position you draft in the first round anymore unless you are getting Peterson talent. I mean, look at Alfred Morris.

Of course they will. If Rex and Tanny are back they will go defense. There are some holes coming on defense and this is a strong defensive draft, as far as top tier talent in the first round.

I doubt they go receiver in the 1st round because of Hill and RB isn't a position you draft in the first round anymore unless you are getting Peterson talent. I mean, look at Alfred Morris.

Why would Hill being picked in the 2nd preclude the Jets from going WR? Wilkerson didn't stop them from going after Copeland. If the LB position is top heavy I could see them making a move there but how can they ignore the offense again?

Their model of trying to obtain weapons via FA has been an abject failure. Surely they have to recognize this.

You're pathetic.

There are zero top flight skills players coming out this year. Definitely not one I'd take as high as the Jets are picking. The best WR's in college are returning for another season - Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins.

The Tennessee tandem of Justin Hunter Cordarrelle Patterson are coming out, good players but I wouldnt touch either in the first round. Both have drop issues. Tavon Austin looks to be a play maker but he's out of the Kerley and Holmes mold of smaller WR types. Hopkins from Clemson is more a 2nd rounder. Same with Woods out at USC.

A couple of TE's who might crack the 1st round but again, wouldnt touch them where the Jets will be drafting.

Pretty much one of the worst drafts I can remember in a long time.

You're pathetic.

There are zero top flight skills players coming out this year. Definitely not one I'd take as high as the Jets are picking. The best WR's in college are returning for another season - Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins.

The Tennessee tandem of Justin Hunter Cordarrelle Patterson are coming out, good players but I wouldnt touch either in the first round. Both have drop issues. Tavon Austin looks to be a play maker but he's out of the Kerley and Holmes mold of smaller WR types. Hopkins from Clemson is more a 2nd rounder. Same with Woods out at USC.

A couple of TE's who might crack the 1st round but again, wouldnt touch them where the Jets will be drafting.

Pretty much one of the worst drafts I can remember in a long time.

So they just take another m'fukin D lineman again?

his arsenal is doo doo, chief.

way too much money invested in him to not give him one last chance with a real NFL offense.

He is doo doo, chief. He's doo doo when his receivers are totally wide open, however unheralded they are.

Way too much money invested in dozens of other players (not to mention other Jets employees) to waste by giving him another chance. Chief.

He's already had his make or break year, and it was break.

He'll only get another one - to break yet again - if the Jets allow it to be so by bringing in no other options at the position.

No one could possibly believe in this waste of draft picks and cap space.

Statements 1 & 2 - spot on. It's the 3rd one that puts a knot in my stomach.

He is doo doo, chief. He's doo doo when his receivers are totally wide open, however unheralded they are.

Way too much money invested in dozens of other players (not to mention other Jets employees) to waste by giving him another chance. Chief.

you keep coming back to this missing wide open WR's jazz as if it's the norm, hoss. you can cherry pick a couple plays from every NFL QB who miss wide open recievers. Brady missed one or 2 on Thanksgiving.

you keep coming back to this missing wide open WR's jazz as if it's the norm, hoss. you can cherry pick a couple plays from every NFL QB who miss wide open recievers. Brady missed one or 2 on Thanksgiving.

It is the norm. Even when it's a completed pass it's usually off the mark. USUALLY, not cherry picking.

You'd have to cherry pick to find throws that were dead-on accurate.

And Sanchez has not earned 1/100th of the benefit of the doubt like one of the best QBs of all time. The same way Adrian Peterson isn't ripped on for a fumble the way Shonn Greene is.

I'm confused. Aren't you a Jets fan? Don't you want the Jets to have a good QB? Or are you so emotionally invested in Sanchez you don't care what happens to the Jets unless it's with Sanchez at QB?

Why would Hill being picked in the 2nd preclude the Jets from going WR? Wilkerson didn't stop them from going after Copeland. If the LB position is top heavy I could see them making a move there but how can they ignore the offense again? Their model of trying to obtain weapons via FA has been an abject failure. Surely they have to recognize this.

Copeland is going to be a beast!

So they just take another m'fukin D lineman again?

My guess is OLB. They need a pass rusher. Mingo, Warren, Carradine. Dont think they'll have a shot at Jones. I wouldnt even mind Ogletree. Jon Jenkins is a beast, I could see Rex drooling over him too.

That or go OL.

Dude, seriously?

His make or break year was this year and he broke.... badly.

I say we pick a defensive lineman

Oh and for the record the Jets will do nothing to help the QB and even if they try they will probably fail. Sanchez is finished... at least on the Jets

Why would Hill being picked in the 2nd preclude the Jets from going WR? Wilkerson didn't stop them from going after Copeland. If the LB position is top heavy I could see them making a move there but how can they ignore the offense again?

Their model of trying to obtain weapons via FA has been an abject failure. Surely they have to recognize this.

whoiscopeland

Dude, seriously?

His make or break year was this year and he broke.... badly.

Theoretically this should have been his make or break year but Tanny had other ideas.

I'm just talking about the reality of the situation. Haters holding their breaths hoping for Sanchez to be cut won't change the simple fact that Mark Sanchez football is not yet dead in NY.

Theoretically this should have been his make or break year but Tanny had other ideas.

I'm just talking about the reality of the situation. Haters holding their breaths hoping for Sanchez to be cut won't change the simple fact that Mark Sanchez football is not yet dead in NY.

what makes you think this team will surround Sanchez with what they should have done from day 1 ? The handling of this QB situation was the worst I have seen in all my years watching football ...Hell it even surpassed the Pennington Debacle

what makes you think this team will surround Sanchez with what they should have done from day 1 ? The handling of this QB situation was the worst I have seen in all my years watching football ...Hell it even surpassed the Pennington Debacle

:face:

I love that we've officially reached the point where Pac and Smash are once again the only two still desperate enough to be grasping at straws with this crap, whether it's trying to pretend like there's still a chance the QB doesn't suck or at the very least, trying to make the point that, even if the QB does suck, it's in no way whatsoever his fault. It feels like 2007 all over again.

Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I love that we've officially reached the point where Pac and Smash are once again the only two still desperate enough to be grasping at straws with this crap, whether it's trying to pretend like there's still a chance the QB doesn't suck or at the very least, trying to make the point that, even if the QB does suck, it's in no way whatsoever his fault. It feels like 2007 all over again.

Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yeah well who asked you, homo?

If you want to play make believe lets talk about how we get Adrian Peterson, D Ware, and Rodgers. Maybe we can hold a seance to reanimate Vince Lombardi to coach them.

The FACTS are that Sanchez will be here in 2013 and barring some unforseen situation will be the starter. So how do the Jets help him? Or would you rather continue to be obtuse?

Archived