2013 is Sanchez' make or break year

Pac

his arsenal is doo doo, chief.

way too much money invested in him to not give him one last chance with a real NFL offense.

Do you think there's a single person in the Jets organization, outside of Sanchez himself, that doesn't regret that contract extension?

The money is already wasted, continuing to play him would be a waste of valuable time that could be spent developing a QB who might develop into something here.

The FACTS are that Sanchez will be here in 2013 and barring some unforseen situation will be the starter. So how do the Jets help him? Or would you rather continue to be obtuse?

It is definitely not a fact that Sanchez will be the starter next year. His best case scenario will be an open competition with Tebow, but that could open up to another QB taken in the first few rounds of the draft.

The Jets will help the QB by getting Holmes back off the IR. Maybe they'll find a mid-level WR or TE in free agency. But their focus should not be how do we help Sanchez? It should be how do we help the team? Especially where the draft is concerned. They need help all over the roster, and should hold onto their picks and go BAP from start to finish. If they land a WR, great, but it'll also be great if they land a pass rusher, a guard, or a RB.

Yeah well who asked you, homo?

Your mom.

If you want to play make believe lets talk about how we get Adrian Peterson, D Ware, and Rodgers. Maybe we can hold a seance to reanimate Vince Lombardi to coach them.

Or maybe something as simple as not sporting the league's two worst QBs would be nice.

The FACTS are that Sanchez will be here in 2013 and barring some unforseen situation will be the starter. So how do the Jets help him? Or would you rather continue to be obtuse?

None of that does anything to change how horrendously awful Sanchez is at playing QB. The real priority (outside of any FO / coaching changes) is to start looking for Sanchez's replacement, even if that moronic contract extension does keep him wasting away a roster spot and a chunk of salary cap for another year. Beyond that, the question becomes how can they help that quarterback. Sanchez has proven he doesn't have what it takes, expecting that to magically change is nothing but a complete waste of time, just as it was during the years we spent arguing over your last Jets' love interest.

It is definitely not a fact that Sanchez will be the starter next year.

I disagree. Sanchez will probably start regardless of the money. Modern and postmodern periods have been dominated by the phenomenon of space-time compression, where we have not just a continually shrinking globe but also a speedup in the rate at which capital is expected to turn over and the degree to which instant information is required to make profitable business decisions. As money becomes more abstract, capital becomes more fictious and currency tied to real labor decreases. Thus, the postmodern era is especially characterized by the way in which images have partially displaced commodities as the objects of the system of production, in part because the turnover time of images is nearly instantaneous.

Do you think there's a single person in the Jets organization, outside of Sanchez himself, that doesn't regret that contract extension?

The money is already wasted, continuing to play him would be a waste of valuable time that could be spent developing a QB who might develop into something here.

You'll get no argument from me that the extension was idiotic. I think Tanny should be fired for it.

That doesn't change the fact that it's done, the incoming QB class is weak, and there are no free agent saviors available at QB.

It is definitely not a fact that Sanchez will be the starter next year. His best case scenario will be an open competition with Tebow, but that could open up to another QB taken in the first few rounds of the draft.

The Jets will help the QB by getting Holmes back off the IR. Maybe they'll find a mid-level WR or TE in free agency. But their focus should not be how do we help Sanchez? It should be how do we help the team? Especially where the draft is concerned. They need help all over the roster, and should hold onto their picks and go BAP from start to finish. If they land a WR, great, but it'll also be great if they land a pass rusher, a guard, or a RB.

What rookie QB picked in the middle rounds is going to come in and take over the 10 million dollar mans job? It's nice to think we'll find RG3 in the 5th round but that's not going to happen. The Jets are stuck with Sanchez and there's a 90% chance he'll be the starter.

I disagree. Sanchez will probably start regardless of the money. Modern and postmodern periods have been dominated by the phenomenon of space-time compression, where we have not just a continually shrinking globe but also a speedup in the rate at which capital is expected to turn over and the degree to which instant information is required to make profitable business decisions. As money becomes more abstract, capital becomes more fictious and currency tied to real labor decreases. Thus, the postmodern era is especially characterized by the way in which images have partially displaced commodities as the objects of the system of production, in part because the turnover time of images is nearly instantaneous.

You got that from Vickers.

What rookie QB picked in the middle rounds is going to come in and take over the 10 million dollar mans job? It's nice to think we'll find RG3 in the 5th round but that's not going to happen. The Jets are stuck with Sanchez and there's a 90% chance he'll be the starter.

The entire regime returns. Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, Tebow, Sparano, Cavanaugh....all of them. Book it.

That said, if the Jets dont find a viable veteran QB some where in FA, there isnt a single player coming in that will dethrone Sanchez. Because as you said, the draft class sucks, none of them are NFL ready and all of them will be holding a clip board for a year for pretty much any team in the league outside maybe KC.

None of that does anything to change how horrendously awful Sanchez is at playing QB. The real priority (outside of any FO / coaching changes) is to start looking for Sanchez's replacement, even if that moronic contract extension does keep him wasting away a roster spot and a chunk of salary cap for another year. Beyond that, the question becomes how can they help that quarterback. Sanchez has proven he doesn't have what it takes, expecting that to magically change is nothing but a complete waste of time, just as it was during the years we spent arguing over your last Jets' love interest.

And none of your whimpering does anything to change the fact that Sanchez will be on the Jets next year. I personally think a quick-strike threat at RB, a stud WR, Hill coming off a full off season etc will do wonders for Mark.

Holmes is gone after next year so unless you think Hill and Kerley are enough you have to get a # 1 sooner or later.

The Seahawks gave Matt Flynn $10M guaranteed, then started a rookie third rounder in front of him. It happens. And that was a situation where Flynn was just brought in specifically to be the starter, not like here on the Jets where they have to be very close to the end with Sanchez.

Sanchez's best hope is that Tanny and Rex return, and even then his starting chances aren't in the 90% range. If either or both those guys are replaced, Sanchez probably has a 90% chance of riding the pine.

He's going to be the starter going into the year with what will hopefully be a revamped WR corps. He may not necessarily deserve it, but he will be.

He sucks.

He's done.

Iif he was cut loose as a free agent tomorrow he'd be lucky to get vet minimum to hold a clipboard or be the 3rd QB on a real NFL team. The cap hit is superflous. The rest is details.

If Ryan comes back, Sanchez will probably lose his job in camp. If he doesn't the new coach owes him nothing and will probably make a point of dropping his sorry ass either to #3 or off the roster altogether to let the wholes squad know nonhackers will longer be tolerated. There would be no better way to make the point; I'll cut this POS no matter his salary and the cap hit.

And none of your whimpering does anything to change the fact that Sanchez will be on the Jets next year. I personally think a quick-strike threat at RB, a stud WR, Hill coming off a full off season etc will do wonders for Mark.

Holmes is gone after next year so unless you think Hill and Kerley are enough you have to get a # 1 sooner or later.

I never said he wouldn't be on the team. I'm well aware that the moronic extension has him all but guaranteed to be here, with the only possible exception being if the Jets get a new GM who wants to be completely purge this team, and thus would be willing to take the crazy hit that would come with cutting Sanchez just to make sure he's completely off the books for 2014. That said, I seriously doubt that happens.

Of course, the point you seem to fail to recognize is that none of this changes how awful Sanchez is at playing QB or that even Tanny would be likely to at least try to dig somebody up to compete with Sanchez, and that player is nearly guaranteed to be a better QB considering they already acquired the only QB in the league worse than Sanchez this past offseason. There are certainly plenty of other positions on this team that could/should be upgraded, but it sure as hell won't be done for Sanchez's benefit, as that would be a complete waste of time, because the #1 reason Sanchez sucks is Sanchez. But then again, even if they did do everything you wanted while keeping Sanchez at QB, when Sanchez's awfulness once again dragged the rest of the team down, I'm sure you'd still keep on rambling on about how it's all the fault of every single skill player that not a single one of them could ever have success with that waste as their QB, while Sanchez is once again completely without blame.

:face:

not sure why your holding your head. Im not saying Sanchez is playing good or ever has played good consistently but in the same respect they have not done a very good job giving him any stability or talent to work with. if you disagree with that thats cool Im fine with your perspective.

You'll get no argument from me that the extension was idiotic. I think Tanny should be fired for it.

That doesn't change the fact that it's done, the incoming QB class is weak, and there are no free agent saviors available at QB.

No free agent saviors, but Jason Cambell and Matt Moore are both upgrades.

If they brought either player in, they'd win a TC battle easily.

Why are you fighting about whether Sanchez will be here or not? The money all but guarantees it.

I'd draft offense in the first round - a guy who can catch, please. SKILLZ. Defense needs some faster linebackers but you can probably pick those up in later rounds.

The entire regime returns. Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, Tebow, Sparano, Cavanaugh....all of them. Book it.

That said, if the Jets dont find a viable veteran QB some where in FA, there isnt a single player coming in that will dethrone Sanchez. Because as you said, the draft class sucks, none of them are NFL ready and all of them will be holding a clip board for a year for pretty much any team in the league outside maybe KC.

I don't follow college football religiously but I thought the Bray kid from Tennessee looked pretty good in the games I watched him. I think he is a possibility.

I think the Jets definitely bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez next season. Henne/Moore/Kolb/Alex Smith are all possibilities. In a true open competition I don't see any way that Sanchez is the starter.

If Ryan comes back, Sanchez will probably lose his job in camp. If he doesn't the new coach owes him nothing and will probably make a point of dropping his sorry ass either to #3

Bugg - this is a pretty intriguing possibility for the new regime. What if the new HC comes in and tells Sanchez "we'll pay you, but you will never see the field of be active on Sunday" ?

Sanchez may come to some compromise on the contract in order to get released and find a new home as a starter. Believe it or not Sanchez would be an upgrade in Arizona and that would probably be a good landing spot for him.

I don't follow college football religiously but I thought the Bray kid from Tennessee looked pretty good in the games I watched him. I think he is a possibility.

I think the Jets definitely bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez next season. Henne/Moore/Kolb/Alex Smith are all possibilities. In a true open competition I don't see any way that Sanchez is the starter.

I was expecting more from Bray. I'd take a flier on him though. Doesnt complete a high percentage which is scary considering what we've got right now. Tries to force the issues quite a bit, but he's also suffered from drops. He's had some really nice balls dropped by his WR's.

whether you like it or not...

With that being the case and the Jets likely picking in the 15-20 range, who do we get? Are there any big time WR or RB prospects? I don't watch college football at all.

They can't possibly use another first rounder on Defense, right?

I've heard a few talking heads comparing the 2012 NYJ's to the 2010 SF 49ers, saying all they need is a road grading RG, and RT, and their Aldon Smith, also M Sanchez magically turning into the prototypical game manager A Smith has become, or you can just go get A Smith, and hire his QB coach as your new OC.

13 million dollars is a lot of money.

17 million is a lot more. Unfortunately , at the rate of progression on Sanchez's part, it will break the team, and potentially the owners pocket enough to hire someone who can run the organization better.

I changed my mind, its already broken...

Archived