• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 lanightmare225

lanightmare225

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Of topic sort of, I see you are a big LSU fan, right now the most obvious player the Jets are predicted to draft in the 1st round is B. Mingo, what's your take on him as a rush OLB, the next V Miller, or A Maybin?

Well he will def be better than maybin but I think he's going to have to put a little weight on of he wants to be as good as Von miller but the potential is there. Sam Montgomery on the other hand is going to be a stud. All around great player. Good guy and crazy on the field.
Posted Image

#27 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

That guys a beast, Bengals got a steal with him and he even got nominated as one of the rookies of the month. Wanted the Jets to take him, but then again, Rex probably would have ****ed that up so it was good for him that he landed in Cinci. The kid has a hell of a lot of talent and am surprised that the rest of the NFL wouldn't even give him a shot in the 7th round. It's funny how dumb scouts are once their dead wrong about a player. Bet the rest of the NFL is kicking themselves over not drafting him.

You must not have been around in the 6th-7th round of the draft thread when me and pointman were clamoring for Burfict. Dude's an animal on the field, still wish we would've taken him even though Rex probably wouldve ****ed it up
Posted Image

#28 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,311 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Tyrann mathieu declaring for the draft today. Guy is going to be a steal late in the draft. The Jenoris Jenkins of this upcoming draft. I know Rex will get him of he's still around then

I always forget there's another LSU fan on this board. I don't think the kid would be a good fit as a true safety, but with all the sub-packages NFL defenses are running lately, he could easily find his niche. I love the kid's ability, heart and effort on the field, but off the field he's an absolute joke. As much as I love everything LSU, he's one of the few guys I can't sign off on due to his character issues. Now Mingo, Monty and Reid, I'll drive them here myself!

#29 lanightmare225

lanightmare225

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I always forget there's another LSU fan on this board. I don't think the kid would be a good fit as a true safety, but with all the sub-packages NFL defenses are running lately, he could easily find his niche. I love the kid's ability, heart and effort on the field, but off the field he's an absolute joke. As much as I love everything LSU, he's one of the few guys I can't sign off on due to his character issues. Now Mingo, Monty and Reid, I'll drive them here myself!

Agreed.Also Kevin minter at linebacker has the same stats as Teo at ND minus a couple int's and that's playing against the SEC not Air Force navy and wake forest. Would be a steal if he comes out
Posted Image

#30 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Guys who'd rather smoke blunts than play in Bowl games are always excellent draft picks......
BD

#31 Aqua4ever04

Aqua4ever04

Touchdown Ronnie Brown!

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'm sure scouts will pound the table for a 178 cornerback that can't tackle and gets beat deep frequently.

Miami Dolphins - 2008 AFC East Champions!

Posted Image

#32 Ignatius del Sol

Ignatius del Sol

Practice Squad Player

• Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

You know what sucks? That I really don't smoke weed anymore.

But I'll bet you carry change.

#33 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,311 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Jets need to take the USC wideout , no more short CB , someone over 6 foot

Both are awesome, but I assume you mean Marqise Lee and he's a true sophomore this year, so unfortunately he's not elligible. Unless ya meant Wood, who wouldn't be a bad non-first rounder.

#34 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Both are awesome, but I assume you mean Marqise Lee and he's a true sophomore this year, so unfortunately he's not elligible. Unless ya meant Wood, who wouldn't be a bad non-first rounder.

I watch the USC game last week and I did like Marqise Lee maybe next year , I just tried of the Jets drafting trouble players " like the 1 round this year and the second round last year both on the D and nothing to show for it.

#35 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hey not for nothing but I would so love this guy in the 3rd round. No idea where he ends up landing due to all his off field issues though.

#36 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

You must not have been around in the 6th-7th round of the draft thread when me and pointman were clamoring for Burfict. Dude's an animal on the field, still wish we would've taken him even though Rex probably wouldve ****ed it up

I was a fan of Burfict through the entire process. Even as a 6th rounder I would have been down.

#37 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yeah its ridiculous how many teams passed on the kid in the 7th round. The kid had 1st round talent, and teams wouldn't even take a shot at drafting him. I expect Burfict to make a huge presence in the NFL in years to come, the kid's a beast and will probably be a future pro bowler. It's not everyday that you see talent like his, and for a 7th rounder I'm surprised no one picked him. Bet the Patriots and Steelers are kicking themselves over not drafting the kid and instead picking a more expensive/less good linebacker they could've gotten for a lot cheaper. Needless to say though, I rejoice in the fact that the Steelers and Pats drafter a less good linebacker for a higher draft pick. Would've been perfect if the Jets picked him and he panned out like he's panning out in Cinci.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#38 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I was a fan of Burfict through the entire process. Even as a 6th rounder I would have been down.

Oh definitely when it comes that late in the draft, the chances of you finding an impact player are slim. Burfict was a 1st round pick before his last season at Arizona State.
Posted Image

#39 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Thats what the Jets are missing, a cocaine addict.
Tank for Teddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users