Does the Head Coach even matter?

LionelRichie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elway had to be surrounded with talent to win, and he almost bungled those too.. IT took him forever to make the playoffs and forever to win a SB. Elway would be laughed at today with his rookie and beyond years.. They don't wait that long anymore..not at all. If you aren't ready as a number one pick , you are done...you maybe get two and half years to produce, or you're done.

It was ten long ass years between the "Drive" and his first SB win...LOL.. I am sure that most teams would sit on a QB for ten years while they rebuilt for another run in todays market.... NOT>

Huh? Elway made the playoffs his rookie season and his 2nd season, missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record and then went to the SB the 3 of next 4 years.

And I'm pretty sure that every team would sit on John Elway for that long.

Only old people remember Elways disappointments... since then, he has become legend for some. When he sucked, it was very similar to Sanchez, has extraordinarily famous for throwing a *wiffle* ball.. don't know why, he just let it slip or something, and it like flopped out there somewhere...

He lost a lot of games... a lot.

He had 1 losing season in his career. Are we talking about the same John Elway?

When he sucked he looked like Sanchez?

WTF???????????? lmfao

Brian Bozworth and I truly hope you are trolling JIF at this point. If not, we are glad to know that once again you've shown you have no clue wtf you are talking about.

What was so great about Elway? blah blah blah dont know what youre talking about blah blah.

I watched Elway. He was putting up Sanchez numbers prior to 1993. Comapred to Montana and Marino....not even close as a passer.

What was so great about Elway? blah blah blah dont know what youre talking about blah blah.

I watched Elway. He was putting up Sanchez numbers prior to 1993. Comapred to Montana and Marino....not even close as a passer.

LOL.

You are comparing Elway to Sanchez, so I get the impression you didn't watch him.

So that I understand how your feeble mind works the metric is that a QB is either "like Montana and Marino" or "like Sanchez". No middle ground?

Elway was a great QB. He won games, he was about the most competitive son of a bitch I've ever seen play. Did he compile stats like Marino? Nope. But you know what? Not many QB ever have or ever will.

Nobody is saying Elway was the greatest of all time, and that is the stupid thing you are doing... you are comparing him to arguably the two greatest QBs of all time... and your conclusion is that if he wasn't Montana or Marino, he is Sanchez.

This is why you get laughed at.

Elway was a great QB. He won games, he was about the most competitive son of a bitch I've ever seen play. Did he compile stats like Marino? Nope. But you know what? Not many QB ever have or ever will.

Nobody is saying Elway was the greatest of all time, and that is the stupid thing you are doing... you are comparing him to arguably the two greatest QBs of all time... and your conclusion is that if he wasn't Montana or Marino, he is Sanchez.

This is why you get laughed at.

Jesus christ you are a ****ing moron. Go away.

I said Elway was overrated. Which he was. He gets put in the same class as Montana and Marino.

The first ten seasons of his career.

He was a good QB but never an all time great. He gets put in the all time class which he never was. His numbers prove that.

Stats aren't the whole picture. Curtis Martin has stats that would indicate he's one of the greatest of all time... but many argue he isn't.

The dude was a great player... if you actually watched him and knew what you were looking at, there wouldn't be an argument.

Stats aren't the whole picture. Curtis Martin has stats that would indicate he's one of the greatest of all time... but many argue he isn't.

The dude was a great player... if you actually watched him and knew what you were looking at, there wouldn't be an argument.

jesus christ

Jesus christ you are a ****ing moron. Go away.

I said Elway was overrated. Which he was. He gets put in the same class as Montana and Marino.

What you said was, "he gets put in the same class as Montana and Marino, but the stats say he was more like Sanchez".

Take ownership of your idiocy, don't hold others accountable for interpreting what you say at face value.

What you said was, "he gets put in the same class as Montana and Marino, but the stats say he was more like Sanchez".

Take ownership of your idiocy, don't hold others accountable for interpreting what you say at face value.

I said his stats looked like Marks the first ten seasons of his career, which they did. ANd compared to his peers...Marino,Montana, Kelly...who he always gets compared to...he wasnt on their level.

"But he just wins!"

The first ten seasons of his career.

He was a good QB but never an all time great. He gets put in the all time class which he never was. His numbers prove that.

# 4 all time passes completed.

# 4 all time passing yards

# 7 all time passing TD's

Come again?

I said his stats looked like Marks the first ten seasons of his career, which they did. ANd compared to his peers...Marino,Montana, Kelly...who he always gets compared to...he wasnt on their level.

"But he just wins!"

Effectively comparing Elway to Sanchez. Derp.

Yes. It is fairly common knowledge that you are wrong that Elway was overrated. LOL Good grief.

Never threw for over 27 TD passes in a season

Never led the league in any statistical category other than 1993

44th all time in passer rating

threw for 4,000 yards only once

Guy gets credited for being an all time great because of Reggie Miller type moments(another overrated player) and Terell Davis carrying him to two rings.

Archived