Tannenbaum; Draft Genius, Salary Cap Novice

Maxman

Mangold plays center. He's great, but he's a center. Further, Tannenbaum doesn't get genius status for selecting the highest rated center and having it pay off. Same goes for Revis... D'Brick too....

7 years and he still has no QB.... He's been a failure.

LOL. So Tanny gets no credit for drafting a Hall of Fame Center and a Hall of Fame Cornerback. Got it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With how defensive you're getting, you're not helping your cause very much.

The guy said he stole it. Others claimed it wasn't work.

Knowing how much time Dennis puts in on the site, I would be getting defensive too.

Revis was a better draft pick than Namath. Namath was #1 overall. The Colts could make that pick. Are they geniuses for ending up with Peyton Manning, Luck and Jeff George? Hell they even had the Elway slot.

brilliant.jpg

I agree. Revis was the draft's best corner. The Jets needed a corner. Not a genius pick. I do not think they could have projected him to be this good, coming out of the Big East. I think you can project players to some extent, but they usually surprise one way or another.

LOL. So Tanny gets no credit for drafting a Hall of Fame Center and a Hall of Fame Cornerback. Got it.

Credit and genius are not synonymous. For genius status, lets see him do something that requires greater acumen than looking at Mel Kiper's Big Board.

Credit and genius are not synonymous. For genius status, lets see him do something that requires greater acumen than looking at Mel Kiper's Big Board.

I hear what you are saying, I think the grading system is a little unfair though. If Mel Kiper says Vernon Gholston is a great pick, Mel doesn't get any of the blame. But Tanny does.

Truth is, as I have said on the JN Podcast, I don't want Tanny running the draft anymore. I don't think he is getting fired because Woody doesn't like paying people for not working. But I wouldn't let him run the draft.

Maybe it says something about him that the 2 great players he's actually drafted are at lesser valuable positions.

Well CB is a less value position. But when you have the best one in the game, and use him the way the Jets do, I think that shows his worth. Besides if anyone knew how good Revis was going to be, there would have been more people trading up for him.

Well CB is a less value position. But when you have the best one in the game, and use him the way the Jets do, I think that shows his worth. Besides if anyone knew how good Revis was going to be, there would have been more people trading up for him.

No one knew he would be as good as he is. There is alot of luck involved in that as well.

Reading this thread, I think it's clear that we should hire Eric Mangini to replace Mike Tannenbaum immediately.

All joking aside, it would probably be a really good idea to hire Mangini back in some capacity. Clearly him and Tanny could assemble a roster together. Mangini was not as bad at it in Cleveland as people think either. That pantry was totally empty when he went there. Also, Mangini was not given much time there either, as he was not here. After seeing what Sean Payton means to NO I think its time Woody breaks the bank on a real, proven coach.

I agree. Revis was the draft's best corner. The Jets needed a corner. Not a genius pick. I do not think they could have projected him to be this good, coming out of the Big East. I think you can project players to some extent, but they usually surprise one way or another.

Actually, you disagree. The Jets could have stood pat and gotten that dog Ross like everybody projected. They moved up and got an all-time great. Sure there is luck involved, but you can say that with any of them. If they got lucky with Sanchez who they liked over Freeman we would be calling him a genius.

All joking aside, it would probably be a really good idea to hire Mangini back in some capacity. Clearly him and Tanny could assemble a roster together. Mangini was not as bad at it in Cleveland as people think either. That pantry was totally empty when he went there. Also, Mangini was not given much time there either, as he was not here. After seeing what Sean Payton means to NO I think its time Woody breaks the bank on a real, proven coach.

Mangini pretty much ratted himself out of the league with spygate. Would you hire a guy who you know publicly exposed a previous employer? Costing them money and a draft pick? I wouldn't.

Mangini pretty much ratted himself out of the league with spygate. Would you hire a guy who you know publicly exposed a previous employer? Costing them money and a draft pick? I wouldn't.

As long as you are doing nothing wrong, what are you worried about?

As long as you are doing nothing wrong, what are you worried about?

Everyone in the league is doing something against the rules. The Jets have been accused of tampering more than a couple times.

No one likes a rat.

How old are you? Do you work in the real world? Serious question.

48, yes.

If you don't think every team in the league is breaking the rules, maybe you're the one not living in the real world.

No one's hiring Mangini. Ask yourself why.

48, yes.

You don't think the NFL polices itself? I'm sure some teams try to bend the rules - but no one wants to end up like the Saints did.

"No body likes a rat"

lol

OK Ray Liotta lolz

You don't think the NFL polices itself? I'm sure some teams try to bend the rules - but no one wants to end up like the Saints did.

"No body likes a rat"

lol

OK Ray Liotta lolz

EVERY team BREAKS the rules. Every last one of them. No one's hiring a whistle blower. At least nowhere in the "real world," a place you seem to've heard of, but yet never visited.

EVERY team BREAKS the rules. Every last one of them. No one's hiring a whistle blower. At least nowhere in the "real world," a place you seem to've heard of, but yet never visited.

Not every team breaks the rules. Bends them, yes. I'm an auditor so I'm assuming it happens about at the same percentage in the NFL as it does in the real world. Some companies actually like to hire ex whistle blowers - because if nothing else it gives the perception that the company cares about doing things the right way. I know this doesn't make sense for you because of all of the Goodfellas movies you watch in your moms basement. But this is true.

Not every team breaks the rules. Bends them, yes. I'm an auditor so I'm assuming it happens about at the same percentage in the NFL as it does in the real world. Some companies actually like to hire ex whistle blowers - because if nothing else it gives the perception that the company cares about doing things the right way. I know this doesn't make sense for you because of all of the Goodfellas movies you watch in your moms basement. But this is true.

Companies =/= NFL teams.

Mafia flicks beat the hell out of the Disney films you seem to enjoy. You must be a helluvan auditor thru those rose-colored glasses.

Eric Mangini remains unemployed. Why?

My mother died a few years ago.

GFY.

Companies =/= NFL teams.

Mafia flicks beat the hell out of the Disney films you seem to enjoy. You must be a helluvan auditor thru those rose-colored glasses.

Eric Mangini remains unemployed. Why?

My mother died a few years ago.

GFY.

lol! I didn't know auditing was an opinion. I thought it was based on facts and numbers. lol

Idk, why did no one except Parcells want to hire Sean Payton or Tom Coughlin at one time? Why is Jon Gruden and Herm Edwards unemployed? Probably because none of them had great resumes up until that point.

"No body likes a rat"

lol

OK Ray Liotta lolz

That makes 2 goodfellas references in one thread. Its gonna be a good day

48, yes.

If you don't think every team in the league is breaking the rules, maybe you're the one not living in the real world.

Call it a hunch but I think it has something to do with his .413 winning percentage. Nobody is going to run to hire a guy that won 10 of his last 32 games.

There is no reason to personally attack someone just because you disagree with them. Knock it off, this is not the site for bs like that.

Call it a hunch but I think it has something to do with his .413 winning percentage. Nobody is going to run to hire a guy that won 10 of his last 32 games.

I tend to agree with those who think Mangini might have some talent finding talent. I wouldn't hire him to coach, but in a front office he could be useful.

Except that he's a tattle-tale.

Nobody likes a tattle-tale.

Archived