•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs player commits suicide.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

http://www.kansascit...girlfriend.html

#2 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,754 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Name hasn't been released, apparently he shot his girlfriend too.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#3 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

Keep Smiling

• Members
  • 5,836 posts
  • LocationAurora Illinois

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Jovan Belcher is supposedly the player and rumor is he did it in front of Crenel and Piloi -- sh*t is about to get real.

Damn guy was from West Babylon NY I grew up in the next town.

Edited by slowmoe57, 01 December 2012 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
Remember weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed
TFFFB

#4 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,984 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

I dont see how they can play that game tomorrow. I understand trying to keep things normal in the wake of a tragedy, but the have to cancel the game.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#5 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,382 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Horrible .... the dude must have been troubled beyond belief, but the poor girl and her family and friends.
NATION....... JETNATION

#6 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,984 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher dead in apparent murder-suicide

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 1, 2012, 11:47 AM EST

AP

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and a woman believed to be his girlfriend are dead, after Belcher apparently shot and killed her, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot and killed himself.
A statement released by the Chiefs said only, “We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.” But PFT has confirmed with multiple sources that it was, in fact, Belcher who was involved in the incident.
The Kansas City Star reports that Belcher shot his girlfriend at around 8 a.m. on Saturday at a home in Kansas City and then left the scene and committed suicide at the team’s facility at Arrowhead a short time later.
Players on the Chiefs are gathering at Arrowhead Stadium today and being told of the situation. The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Arrowhead Stadium. The Panthers’ team flight has not yet left for Kansas City, and the NFL has not yet said whether the game will go on as scheduled.
The 25-year-old Belcher entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Maine and quickly made an impact, becoming a starter during his rookie season. Belcher’s off-field life had remained relatively quiet, and the news of this morning is stunning to the NFL world.

http://profootballta...murder-suicide/

#7 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Don't really feel sorry for people that pussy out and commit suicide and kill their girlfriend. There's enough help out there for someone with that kind if money and access to doctors.

And before you bleeding heart posters say he had problems, to bad a lot of people do and he had a way to fix them.

Edited by New York Mick, 01 December 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#8 Jetsfan1015

Jetsfan1015

Sec. 323

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

POPULAR

May the Girlfriend RIP.

#9 Jetsfan1015

Jetsfan1015

Sec. 323

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Don't really feel sorry for people that pussy out and commit suicide and kill their girlfriend. There's enough help out there for someone with that kind if money and access to doctors.

And before you bleeding heart posters say he had problems, to bad a lot of people do and he had a way to fix them.

Agree 100%... this coward just made a 2 1/2 month old baby parentless.

#10 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I found a friend of mine who committed suicide.. I had a former boss that did it, hell I know of several..It is the most selfish act one can do. Part of immersing yourself in your chosen field during adolescent years is a cost in social skills later.

My buddy was a hell of a combat pilot, but he couldn't handle the love thing at all..fourth wife cost him his life.

#11 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Selfish act.

#12 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Sweet, I had the o/u at 1 page for someone riding in on their high horse about the concept of suicide as a whole. I win again.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#13 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I dont see how they can play that game tomorrow. I understand trying to keep things normal in the wake of a tragedy, but the have to cancel the game.

Tragedy is an understatement. I'd say that a player shooting himself in front of his head coach and GM the day before a home game is probably reason to cancel it. Not to mention that there's a 3-year-old walking around parentless right now.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#14 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,382 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just heard the KC officer state that Belcher was in his car the Chiefs complex parking lot with a gun to his head, 2 coaches were talking him down and when the police pulled up he pulled the trigger. Heard Crennel and Paoli were involved so they could have been right at the car when it happened. That would put a damper on playing football tomorrow.
NATION....... JETNATION

#15 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,352 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Why?

While I think there would be good reasons to postpone a game, like 9-11 or a natural disaster, the death of one player, whether by accident or suicide is not one of them.
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#16 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Sweet, I had the o/u at 1 page for someone riding in on their high horse about the concept of suicide as a whole. I win again.

I had it at five posts, I think you were too conservative.

#17 JoeC36

JoeC36

• Moderators
  • 11,984 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Why?

While I think there would be good reasons to postpone a game, like 9-11 or a natural disaster, the death of one player, whether by accident or suicide is not one of them.

For the sake of the other players on the team. If it was me and I worked with someone as close as NFL players work with each other, I wouldn't be able to go to work the next day. And I wouldn't want to be expected to

#18 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,489 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

the guy went to UMaine :(

RIP to both
The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#19 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

If someone commits suicide at my job we stay open and give everyone,who wants to, time to attend the funeral. Unless the funeral is tomorrow, play the game.

#20 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

RIP to both of them

and i hope the kid turns out ok.

#21 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

If someone commits suicide at my job we stay open and give everyone,who wants to, time to attend the funeral. Unless the funeral is tomorrow, play the game.

if someone committed suicide at your work though?

#22 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,991 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Unfortunately, there's no good punishment for a successful suicide.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#23 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,032 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

For the sake of the other players on the team. If it was me and I worked with someone as close as NFL players work with each other, I wouldn't be able to go to work the next day. And I wouldn't want to be expected to

a few years ago a co-worker fell down an elevator shaft and died on the job. we all took the rest of the day off and went home. we went to work the next day and attended his wake a few days later.

Edited by neckdemon, 01 December 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#24 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

POPULAR

The problem with this theory is you're expecting a rational decision (seeking help) from someone who completed an act that necessitates an irrational mind (at least by our standards).

Most patients on a psychiatric inpatient unit are not there through their own volition. Most don't believe they are sick at all. They are there because someone else (family, friends, the police) noticed they were sick and brought them there.

Dismissing suicide as resultant of just "life problems" is just a way to create a villain in a circumstance that no one posting about it even comes close to understanding.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#25 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,144 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

The decision to play is up to the people who are directly affected by this and especially the people who witnessed the suicide.

This isnt a 9 to 5 paper pushing job. This is a physical sport where if someone is off their game they could get someone or themselves seriously hurt.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users