***** Official NY Jets vs Arizona Cardinals Game Thread *****

JoeC36

No, him being slower then Sanchez and the slow release and weak arm killed all hope for me. This team has no starting caliber qb's on the roster. Watching Luck beat the Lions makes it hurt even more. **** you Indi, how the hell do you always manage to land good qbs.

Going 1-15 at the right time usually helps.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mckelroy looked great.. best part is finally having Sanchez last game, regardless. It had to be a tough trigger to pull, he has to at some point reconcile spending a 7th highest salary on a bench sitter to the owner.. I would wait as long as I could get away with it too..

Greg might pull this off if given the chance, although I personally would like to see if Tebow has improved also..at least for the JETS sake, Mark's days are numbered, if not over.. here.

Nope, the way I see it Tebow's a bit better then Mcelroy. I have officially given up on the Tebow project. Seeing Mcelroy play made me realize how horrible our team's qb's are. This team needs to rebuild. And since were tied down with Sanchez's contract were screwed. It's going to be very painful for the next 2 years.

So what exactly did McElroy do today that worried you so much ? Seriously What ? Was it the personal foul call he drew when running into the guy out of bounds or was it the patience he displayed in the pocket and wonderful handling of the mis direction hand offs ? Maybe it was the Patience he displayed on the TD pass drawing the LB in then soft tossing to Cumberland. How about the thrid and nine pass to Stephen Hill ? For 6 of 7 completions he didnt show me a damn thing to be worried about. Maybe if he gets to play next week we will get to see if his arm strength actully improved like we're hearing.

So whats so horrible please explain ?

So what exactly did McElroy do today that worried you so much ? Seriously What ? Was it the personal foul call he drew when running into the guy out of bounds or was it the patience he displayed in the pocket and wonderful handling of the mis direction hand offs ? Maybe it was the Patience he displayed on the TD pass drawing the LB in then soft tossing to Cumberland. How about the thrid and nine pass to Stephen Hill ? For 6 of 7 completions he didnt show me a damn thing to be worried about. Maybe if he gets to play next week we will get to see if his arm strength actully improved like we're hearing.

So whats so horrible please explain ?

Arm strength, slow release, and slow running. Chad Pennington 2.0

Arm strength, slow release, and slow running. Chad Pennington 2.0

Arm Strength ? Very possible

Slow Release and Slow Running ? Not so sure.

And BTW I would not mind a 68 % completion rating if we have the right skill players on offense who can make sh*t happen with those completios.

JVOR I still stand by the "bad supporting cast" arguement Ive been making for a few years now, but at some point a change needs to be made based on circumstances on the field no matter what you, me, or anyone else thinks.

After the 4th and 5th game of the season a change seemed immenent and my arguement was please dont let it be Tebow who comes in, let it be McElroy so we can at the very least see how he handles the position and of course I got bashed for my prior support of Ratliff who we never got to see play at all and he was 6 -5 with a strong arm and seemed to display a good pocket presence under pressure. Either way this team better make some serious changes on offense in the coming years or we'll just go round and round with this arguement while our team mishandles some more QB's,.

A big reason you and others were bashed for your support of Ratliff was that he was absolutely terrible, which is why he's been with 5 teams since us and is currently sitting on the couch watching every Sunday. Jets' fans, like many of the fans of other inept teams always think that the answer lays in the backup quarterback. I agree wholeheartedly that we needed a change and the team needs to see what they have in McElroy, but our team didn't ruin Ratliff or some of these other guys, they werejust bad. Bad quarterbacks don't always need a reason for their failure in this league, some guys are just bad.

A big reason you and others were bashed for your support of Ratliff was that he was absolutely terrible, which is why he's been with 5 teams since us and is currently sitting on the couch watching every Sunday. Jets' fans, like many of the fans of other inept teams always think that the answer lays in the backup quarterback. I agree wholeheartedly that we needed a change and the team needs to see what they have in McElroy, but our team didn't ruin Ratliff or some of these other guys, they werejust bad. Bad quarterbacks don't always need a reason for their failure in this league, some guys are just bad.

Never said the Jets "ruined" Ratliff but Ratliff was in our system for 2 years and had the best preseason showing of any QB that year in the NFL. Thats not to say it was a good barometer of what was to come but it certainly would have been better than watching Kellen Clemens sh*t all over himself the entire seond half of the season. All I was asking for was to give the guy a chance. The other teams he went too were one year stints in new offenses and highly paid starters and back ups salary dictated he was NEVER getting a chance in those situations...... the only real chance the guy was going to get was passed by and that chance was with the Jets. Thats all Im saying. Im not saying he was great but Im not sure how you come up with this nonsense he was 'Absolutely terrible" He never showed to be absolutely terrible by any stretch.

Never said the Jets "ruined" Ratliff but Ratliff was in our system for 2 years and had the best preseason showing of any QB that year in the NFL. Thats not to say it was a good barometer of what was to come but it certainly would have been better than watching Kellen Clemens sh*t all over himself the entire seond half of the season. All I was asking for was to give the guy a chance. The other teams he went too were one year stints in new offenses and highly paid starters and back ups salary dictated he was NEVER getting a chance in those situations...... the only real chance the guy was going to get was passed by and that chance was with the Jets. Thats all Im saying. Im not saying he was great but Im not sure how you come up with this nonsense he was 'Absolutely terrible" He never showed to be absolutely terrible by any stretch.

I came up with that nonsense in exactly the same fashion as I have with McElroy; I watch a lot of college football, especially SEC football (applicable just for McElroy). Ratliff only won his starting job in college due to an injury, but I don't hold that against him. What I hold against him was the way he had dropped his arm slot, changed his mechanics and threw off his back foot any time the pocket got dirty. Terrible might have been a bit hyperbolic, but it was more a commentary on the notion that the backup is always a potential savior. Sometimes an entire college season worth of film, combined with preseason games and practice is enough to warrant thinking the guy is never going to be a player.

Listen, I hope like hell McElroy is, but having watched the majority of his college games, I can safely say that I don't think he'll ever been anything better than exactly the type of quarterback we've been trying to get rid of; game manager. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though :cheers:

I came up with that nonsense in exactly the same fashion as I have with McElroy; I watch a lot of college football, especially SEC football (applicable just for McElroy). Ratliff only won his starting job in college due to an injury, but I don't hold that against him. What I hold against him was the way he had dropped his arm slot, changed his mechanics and threw off his back foot any time the pocket got dirty. Terrible might have been a bit hyperbolic, but it was more a commentary on the notion that the backup is always a potential savior. Sometimes an entire college season worth of film, combined with preseason games and practice is enough to warrant thinking the guy is never going to be a player.

Listen, I hope like hell McElroy is, but having watched the majority of his college games, I can safely say that I don't think he'll ever been anything better than exactly the type of quarterback we've been trying to get rid of; game manager. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though :cheers:

If you watched a lot of Ratliff in college then I'll take what you say and agree. Nothing drives me more nuts than a QB who throws off his back foot. Im a ND fan have been for a long time and watching Golson throw off his back foot constantly, drives me nuts. Looking forward to Alabama but its going to take a crazy ND defensive effort to win IMO

I don't think anyone thinks McElroy is The Answer. But we ALL damn sure know that Sanchez is NOT! Greg's a bridge to the future. He's the DeLorean with the Flux Capacitor. He's the reason I didn't swear uncontrollably in the second half and call Rex names that I can't say at work.

Archived