McElchampionship

T0mShane

so you're saying there's a chance? ;)

as for this week, i'd start the Elroy until he loses... but have the option to go to the bullpen.

bahaha well sanchez's "chance" has failed so u throw in mac until he loses like you said. Then if mac was bad u throw in tebow for last 2 games or whatever it is.

Then!!!!! let the qb competition begin next year

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think Mcelroy will make tebow cry again like he did in the SEC championship game??

Tebow probably cried last night knowing that his perfect opportunity to become the starting QB was deep sixed by being inactive.

McElroy is the Irish word for Satan in the Tebow household about now.

Tebow probably cried last night knowing that his perfect opportunity to become the starting QB was deep sixed by being inactive.

McElroy is the Irish word for Satan in the Tebow household about now.

Lol, if i told you at the beginning of the year that the Jets would bench Sanchez the week before the Jax game what kind of odds could i have gotten that it wouldn't be Tebow starting the game in his hometown.......this seriously may be the most dysfunctional moment in Jets history......long time fans have to just shake their head and laugh to themselves

Watched some Mcelroy tape today. This is some quick stuff i noticed, but what do i know.

Pros:

Leadership

Can run faster than sanchez, and not scared too

Moves well in pocket

Passing efficiency - although idk how he would do in the NFL considering I noticed he stares down receivers.

Cons:

Stares down recievers

Looks frail- idk about his ability to take a hit

Over throws receivers

not a big list just some stuff. The door is open to now disagree with everything i just said.

Watched some Mcelroy tape today. This is some quick stuff i noticed, but what do i know.

Pros:

Leadership

Can run faster than sanchez, and not scared too

Moves well in pocket

Passing efficiency - although idk how he would do in the NFL considering I noticed he stares down receivers.

Cons:

Stares down recievers

Looks frail- idk about his ability to take a hit

Over throws receivers

not a big list just some stuff. The door is open to now disagree with everything i just said.

when did he overthrow the receivers? I thought everyone said he didnt have an arm

when did he overthrow the receivers? I thought everyone said he didnt have an arm

Yeah, he doesn't have an arm. He had 5 completions for 27 or 29 yards, something like that. As far as the overthrows go, he was targeting receivers at 5 yards and putting the ball (seemingly) way too high. I wouldn't really expect anything more though, he's never played before and didn't even get the privilege of a full week's worth of practice.

I thought he showed some promise. Maybe he becomes a Ryan Fitzpatrick type QB. Doesn't have Fitz's arm but probably a better decision maker.

People are claiming he was staring down receivers, and I don't doubt that, but, again, he obviously hasn't had any time to prepare unlike Tebow and Sanchez so of course he's going to be green like that. At the same time, if people are saying McElroy was staring down receivers, I have to wonder why he didn't throw any picks. Mark threw 3, and could have easily had a 4th (pick 6). Course, McElroy only played about 35% of the snaps.

Interesting anyway, that in so few looks he managed to take the team on 2 touchdown drives (Greene was easily in the endzone on the last drive but chose to kneel) whereas Sanchez led... 0 touchdown drives in nearly twice as much time against the same team. I guess people will say that the running game had worn down Arizona by then, but it's still a noteworthy observation.

Apparently he doesnt have an arm, but for the most part those evaluations came from before this season. Rex said during the preseason that he was extremely amazed by Gregs progress as far as arm strength, he even used some hyperbole which probably made his progression look better than it was haha. But yea I'm just going off some stuff I saw from his preseason snaps and the cardinals game. In those games I saw him overthrowing receivers, not at an alarming rate but it was noticeable.

Ryan Fitzpatrick QBs don't win Super Bowls. Bills fans that I know want him gone just as bad as jets fans want Sanchez gone.

Funny thing is that Fitzpatrick is a huge upgrade to Sanchez. As much as they want to blame Fitz, the defense is the real problem in Buffalo. If Fitz was the Jets QB this year they have a winning record.

This is a classic case of what my grandmother liked to call "picking the fly sh*t out of the pepper," but I think McElroy's arm is better than Fitzpatrick's.

They both have cartoonishly weak arms. Which will be fun to remember when Tannenbaum gives McElroy a $23 million dollar extension.

Archived