McElchampionship

T0mShane

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a very real question that had to be answered is, does Sanchez even want the job back?

If "that" is ever really in question then Sanchez needs to be cut. I just don't see Rex yanking him as the starter just yet unless he wants to pat himself on the back for making the change should we win out based on upcoming weak schedule etc.

I'm all for McElroy as I felt Mark only deserved 8 games this year to prove his worth -just don't see it happening.

If "that" is ever really in question then Sanchez needs to be cut. I just don't see Rex yanking him as the starter just yet unless he wants to pat himself on the back for making the change should we win out based on upcoming weak schedule etc.

I'm all for McElroy as I felt Mark only deserved 8 games this year to prove his worth -just don't see it happening.

i dont get it. Why would you pull someone put in a guy that wins the game and then put the guy u pulled back in?

i fail to see the reasoning here i think mcelroy starts

On the real, we know he's not the long-term answer, but he has to start the rest of the season, then be the #2 next year and moving forward.

Can the Jets resist the temptation of making the same mistake the Bills did with Fitzpatrick? Remains to be seen.

But, the bottom line is that Mark Sanchez can never see the field again as a New York Jet. They need to bury that bone in the yard immediately.

Just wondering why this is the mindset with McElroy? I mean, I obviousely am not saying he is the long term answer but why do so many of you seem so confident he absolutely is not? We havent seen anything from this guy one way or another. And dont say preseason because thats crap and means nothing, hes playing with 3rd stringers then. Just curious as to why nobody thinks this guy could actually have a chance at being something.

We shall see. Right now, the bold move is to start Sanchez next week. If he starts and implodes again, it's all on Rex. McElroy won't embarrass him. If job preservation is Rex's interest, he starts McElroy and hangs the beginning of this season on trying to milk the bad, expensive QB that Tannenbaum stuck him with.

Just wondering why this is the mindset with McElroy? I mean, I obviousely am not saying he is the long term answer but why do so many of you seem so confident he absolutely is not? We havent seen anything from this guy one way or another. And dont say preseason because thats crap and means nothing, hes playing with 3rd stringers then. Just curious as to why nobody thinks this guy could actually have a chance at being something.

Hopefully he can be. Rex for what it is worth said he vastly improved his arm strength over the past year.

Hopefully he can be. Rex for what it is worth said he vastly improved his arm strength over the past year.

Yeah, I mean like I said I am not saying he is but who knows? Certainly we have not seen enough to know that he can't be a starter for this team. He is a smart guy, seemed to handle the pressure of coming in in that situation well, his passes seemed really strong...at least the 4 that he threw haha Who knows but I'm hoping we find out.

Just wondering why this is the mindset with McElroy? I mean, I obviousely am not saying he is the long term answer but why do so many of you seem so confident he absolutely is not?...... Just curious as to why nobody thinks this guy could actually have a chance at being something.

Since Pennington Jets fans have gotten crazy over arm strength, which is not McElroy's strong suit. The rest of the league has also, but for Jets fans especially so.

McElroy has a stronger arm than Chad, but doesn't have a cannon, so a lot of Jets fans are writing him off from the start.

Since Pennington Jets fans have gotten crazy over arm strength, which is not McElroy's strong suit. The rest of the league has also, but for Jets fans especially so.

McElroy has a stronger arm than Chad, but doesn't have a cannon, so a lot of Jets fans are writing him off from the start.

True. Definitely did not look like he had a Pennington arm today....I know its a small sample size but still.

After watching Rex, McElroy and Sanchez I will tell you guys this: It's Mac's team from here on out...especially after hearing anjd watching the 3rd guy, Sanchez-he is done unless Mac gets hurt and Sanchez knows he's on his way out of town...Rex saves his job. Funny thing is I heard more praising and giving credit to the OC and especially the QB coach MORE from McElroy than I have heard from sanchez all year-I don't think I've ever heard Sanchez even cite Cavanaugh once since he's been here and Mac did it like 3-4 times...that says something to me...

this is why I believe Rex is a competent head coach. He saw Sanchez spiraling down and he made a bold change.

That change today was proof of his stubbornness. The writing was on the wall for this over a month ago and Rex laid off the trigger because he was too scared of a Tebow fiasco. So what does he do? Waits until Tebow is inactive to finally do it when the season is already lost. The guy is a straight coward.

That change today was proof of his stubbornness. The writing was on the wall for this over a month ago and Rex laid off the trigger because he was too scared of a Tebow fiasco. So what does he do? Waits until Tebow is inactive to finally do it when the season is already lost. The guy is a straight coward.

Not to mention he dressed Tebow last week in a game he could never play in, to avoid doing what he did today.

Not to mention he dressed Tebow last week in a game he could never play in, to avoid doing what he did today.

It's inexcusable. This season might have been salvageable. Waiting this long to finally hold this joke of a QB accountable for anything is one of the worst coaching decisions in the history of this franchise. And we even saw it today. After a first half of no points and 3 interceptions, he still let him start the 2nd half. And even after making the switch, he still won't just say that he's finally benched? Ridiculous.

It's inexcusable. This season might have been salvageable. Waiting this long to finally hold this joke of a QB accountable for anything is one of the worst coaching decisions in the history of this franchise. And we even saw it today. After a first half of no points and 3 interceptions, he still let him start the 2nd half. And even after making the switch, he still won't just say that he's finally benched? Ridiculous.

Yup, and if they keep him around, they will just be doing the typical Jets move...

Out due the ridiculous, with even more ridiculous.

We shall see. Right now, the bold move is to start Sanchez next week. If he starts and implodes again, it's all on Rex.

That ship sailed after the Thanksgiving game. Rex hitched his wagon to Sanchez after the Seattle game and went all in on rebounding with him at the helm. He gets zero credit for pulling this sh*t when it's too late to even make a difference. Zip. Zilch. none. Not to mention that the manner in which it was done was pathetic and fits completely in line with this delusional method of handling players that's played itself out over 4 years now.

BENCHING SANCHEZ DOESN'T MAKE THE TEAM BETTER, EXCEPT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, AND THEN REX DESERVES CREDIT FOR BEING THE GREATEST VISIONARY OF THIS OR ANY GENERATION.

Archived