McElchampionship

T0mShane

Yup, and if they keep him around, they will just be doing the typical Jets move...

Out due the ridiculous, with even more ridiculous.

It's already typical Jets. That was typical Jets today. Does anyone really think that it's just a complete coincidence that a QB who should've been benched over a month ago was finally given the hook during a game in which the controversial backup that the coach clearly doesn't want playing was inactive? I mean come on with this crap. I'm so over the ****ing Tannenbaum era of Jets football.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BENCHING SANCHEZ DOESN'T MAKE THE TEAM BETTER, EXCEPT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, AND THEN REX DESERVES CREDIT FOR BEING THE GREATEST VISIONARY OF THIS OR ANY GENERATION.

yea sort of like another very average guy became as genius for drafting a 6th round QB and then becoming a hall of famer with a SB ring or two

That ship sailed after the Thanksgiving game. Rex hitched his wagon to Sanchez after the Seattle game and went all in on rebounding with him at the helm. He gets zero credit for pulling this sh*t when it's too late to even make a difference. Zip. Zilch. none. Not to mention that the manner in which it was done was pathetic and fits completely in line with this delusional method of handling players that's played itself out over 4 years now.

Mostly agree with everything you're saying, but if I'm Rex, and it's the day after the last game, it'd be in my best interest to have switched to McElroy now and hang Sanchez all on Tannenbaum. If McElroy shows anything at all, then it will show that Sanchez failed the coaching and not the other way around. I think. Optics.

It's already typical Jets. That was typical Jets today. Does anyone really think that it's just a complete coincidence that a QB who should've been benched over a month ago was finally given the hook during a game in which the controversial backup that the coach clearly doesn't want playing was inactive? I mean come on with this crap. I'm so over the ****ing Tannenbaum era of Jets football.

Everybody needs to go, this has been as disgraceful a year as any in our illustrious history.

Mostly agree with everything you're saying, but if I'm Rex, and it's the day after the last game, it'd be in my best interest to have switched to McElroy now and hang Sanchez all on Tannenbaum. If McElroy shows anything at all, then it will show that Sanchez failed the coaching and not the other way around. I think. Optics.

And Woody is clearly dumb enough to think that completely logical. Like Rex coming out after every debacle this season and saying Sanchez gives the team the best chance to win never even happened. We'll just all forget that he threw away the season to give Mark Sanchez a billion second chances. This is why you fire the dude after the Thanksgiving game.

This team had to know the right move was to bring in McElroy and NOT Tebow they simply did not have the balls to do it. It should have been done after game 5

This team had to know the right move was to bring in McElroy and NOT Tebow they simply did not have the balls to do it. It should have been done after game 5

For once you and I are in complete agreement. No balls on this coach at all. He runs the depth chart and he says who plays. And rather than taking the reigns and leading the team, he waited until he could scheme Tebow out of the lineup so he wouldn't have to deal with the fallout. It's the same injury the guy had a week and a half ago, but now he can't dress? Yeah, OK. Straight coward.

For once you and I are in complete agreement. No balls on this coach at all. He runs the depth chart and he says who plays. And rather than taking the reigns and leading the team, he waited until he could scheme Tebow out of the lineup so he wouldn't have to deal with the fallout. It's the same injury the guy had a week and a half ago, but now he can't dress? Yeah, OK. Straight coward.

As much of a fan I've been of Rex in general, I also agree with this assessment. Major ball shrinking throughout his tenure, by season. Loyalty to crap plus continual shrinkage.

This x 10000!

Rex is a blowhard, he has zero leadership ability.

He needs to be a DC, not a HC.

The only thing I ever really disagreed with you on was the QB situation. I still think we did a bad job with Sanchez but Like I have said the last few weeks Hes done and ruined you guys were right. Sure a lot of it could have been on him but if this team wants to move forward with a new QB they better make damn sure they get some freakin Skill players to support the deal.

Thing about Mark Sanchez is even if the Jets went out and got 1980's 49er talent and even if Mark put up big numbers he might just wind up being Tony Romo/Danny White and fall apart when needed the most. Just LOVED using 2 Dallas Cowboy QB's to make hat comparison .

He was better when he was fat. He's lost his edge.

He was luckier and had a lot of talent when he was fat.

He was a one trick pony, bully.

Once he got kicked in the dick, he lost his one trick.

I can't wait until he is gone, can't wait.

He was luckier and had a lot of talent when he was fat.

He was a one trick pony, bully.

Once he got kicked in the dick, he lost his one trick.

I can't wait until he is gone, can't wait.

I'm riding the fence of this one...but I can't argue with you. If Sanchez starts again this year consider me all aboard the SS Sinkloudmouthturd

I'm riding the fence of this one...but I can't argue with you. If Sanchez starts again this year consider me all aboard the SS Sinkloudmouthturd

Agree, the rest of this year has to be a McElroy evaluation, Sanchez nor Tebow have any business taking been a snap barring injury.

Hopefully the media deluge and WFAN-caller outrage will be enough to keep Sanchez on the bench. Hard to believe even Woody would allow a few sheckels to keep them from making the popular move.

LOL, Yes those pesky FAN callers can move mountains.

On the real, we know he's not the long-term answer, but he has to start the rest of the season, then be the #2 next year and moving forward.

Can the Jets resist the temptation of making the same mistake the Bills did with Fitzpatrick? Remains to be seen.

But, the bottom line is that Mark Sanchez can never see the field again as a New York Jet. They need to bury that bone in the yard immediately.

Your first sentence ****ed up the whole point. We don't know if Mac is the answer, that's why you have him start the rest of the season. If you do know he's not the answer, having him start is useless.

Archived