McElchampionship

T0mShane

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so...

I think he avoided committing to Mark at the presser to avoid the immediate backlash that would have come with that decision.

I think Mark goes again, sadly. I also think he'll play well enough against Jax to keep this nonsense going...

I don't know, and we'll find out soon enough.

But Rex said the team needed a change and it's his job blah blah blah what's best for the team. What was conspicuously absent was a dismissive, "It wasn't Mark's day today," or something similar.

I don't at all think it's a slam dunk. Truthfully I put it at 50-50. But Rex avoided all the similarly-vague answers that would still point to Sanchez starting next week.

Hey, it could very well be that he has to discuss the situation with Tannenbaum or Woody before benching the franchise QB for the 3rd string QB while they're still in a playoff hunt. Plus he can see what the press says about it. I don't believe for a second that those factors don't at all play into his decision.

I don't know, and we'll find out soon enough.

But Rex said the team needed a change and it's his job blah blah blah what's best for the team. What was conspicuously absent was a dismissive, "It wasn't Mark's day today," or something similar.

I don't at all think it's a slam dunk. Truthfully I put it at 50-50. But Rex avoided all the similarly-vague answers that would still point to Sanchez starting next week.

Hey, it could very well be that he has to discuss the situation with Tannenbaum or Woody before benching the franchise QB for the 3rd string QB while they're still in a playoff hunt. Plus he can see what the press says about it. I don't believe for a second that those factors don't at all play into his decision.

Hell I wouldnt be surprised if he had to wait for the green light from above today to make the switch.

Sanchez is not started next week IMO. The team seemed lifted by the change.

It seemed to me that the team while not hated Sanchez thought he sucked and believed that Tebow was not an NFL QB. A change to Tebow would have brought another circus. But with the change to Mac, it can just be football again because it's the same exact NFL offense they know.

The team wanted Sanchez benched, but didn't want Tebow. So they get the best alternative.

Sanchez is not started next week IMO. The team seemed lifted by the change.

It seemed to me that the team while not hated Sanchez thought he sucked and believed that Tebow was not an NFL QB. A change to Tebow would have brought another circus. But with the change to Mac, it can just be football again because it's the same exact NFL offense they know.

The team wanted Sanchez benched, but didn't want Tebow. So they get the best alternative.

Totally agree! You could see everyone just seemed jacked when Sanchez was benched.

What isn't a problem? If he was incredibly strong in any of the major areas, he would've gone higher. That's not a condemnation of anything, just a statement of what is.

Fortunately most of those measurables don't translate to playing QB in the NFL. Not saying he won't be good or bad - just that drafting QB might be the most hit/miss thing in sports drafting.

Fortunately most of those measurables don't translate to playing QB in the NFL. Not saying he won't be good or bad - just that drafting QB might be the most hit/miss thing in sports drafting.

I'm not so sure about that.

Arm strength and being able to make all the throws is measurable.

Not being able to make all the throws is a major weakness. And allows the defense to ignore certain routes as was the case with Chad.

Some guys make up for it with incredible accuracy and a quick release like Warner, but those guys are few and far between.

High drafted QBs have a much better chance of succeeding than late picks, though nothing is a sure thing.

Wha?

A lot of the draft measurables used do not translate to success at the quarterback position in the NFL. It's possible McElroy was downgraded because his numbers didn't pop off the charts and he played on a very talented offense in college. That does not mean he will not be a good NFL quarterback. Quarterbacking in the NFL is hard to measure with a 40 time and a long jump. Quarterbacks have just as many things that can not be measured like timing, anticipation, toughness, leadership, and intelligence (which can be measured to a point). Again I'm not saying he will be good or not.

I think the fact he is NOT Sanchez or Tebow is pretty strong attribute.

Absolutely. Addition by subtraction and that's not even up for debate. You saw it immediately as soon as he walked on the field. Sanchez was just sucking the collective life out of the team and had been doing so since last year.

I think the fact he is NOT Sanchez or Tebow is pretty strong attribute.

And he's dirt cheap and might just be the actual game managing, leader-type the Jets need. He actually fits the blabber mouth, coach's philosophy. God forbid if he's worth his salt as a steady, consistent, middle of the pack, game manager, a la Alex Smith, given his contract, if Rex and Tanny have any future (big, huge if) GMC could be the perfect solution, especially in 2014 when the Jets get out of cap hell.

Absolutely. Addition by subtraction and that's not even up for debate. You saw it immediately as soon as he walked on the field. Sanchez was just sucking the collective life out of the team and had been doing so since last year.

From Cold Hard Football facts..

The Jets held on to win the dreadful contest, 7-6.

In other words, in one drive, McElroy, a guy who had never taken an NFL snap, produced more points than Sanchez did in nearly three full quarters against a bad team.

LOL

And he's dirt cheap and might just be the actual game managing, leader-type the Jets need. He actually fits the blabber mouth, coach's philosophy. God forbid if he's worth his salt as a steady, consistent, middle of the pack, game manager, a la Alex Smith, given his contract, if Rex and Tanny have any future (big, huge if) GMC could be the perfect solution, especially in 2014 when the Jets get out of cap hell.

No doubt. Nice space holder till they can get s a blue chipper. Then we can trade him to a team for a high draft pick and let him suck for their team. I like it!!!

In other words, in one drive, McElroy, a guy who had never taken an NFL snap, produced more points than Sanchez did in nearly three full quarters against a bad team.

LOL

Did I hear the announcers right? Was this the first time McElroy was ever even activated for a game?

LOL

I agree with almost everything you said, don't get me wrong. However, the Cardinals have a good defense. They are kind of like us. Their offense is just so brutally bad that it occasionally makes their defense look pitiful, because they're going 3 and out on every possession or turning the ball over in their own territory, etc.

I agree with almost everything you said, don't get me wrong. However, the Cardinals have a good defense. They are kind of like us. Their offense is just so brutally bad that it occasionally makes their defense look pitiful, because they're going 3 and out on every possession or turning the ball over in their own territory, etc.

Thanks but that was from a Cold Hard Football facts article. LOL

Archived