The money still looms.

Posted Image

#52 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

If Sanchez starts next week I will not watch (like this week).

If McElroy starts I might watch.

This is what's at stake.

aka, EVERYTHING.

#53 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Just wondering why this is the mindset with McElroy? I mean, I obviousely am not saying he is the long term answer but why do so many of you seem so confident he absolutely is not?...... Just curious as to why nobody thinks this guy could actually have a chance at being something.

Since Pennington Jets fans have gotten crazy over arm strength, which is not McElroy's strong suit. The rest of the league has also, but for Jets fans especially so.

McElroy has a stronger arm than Chad, but doesn't have a cannon, so a lot of Jets fans are writing him off from the start.

#54 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Sanchez will start.

The money still looms.

I will die inside. There will be nothing left to give. All will be lost. etc.

#55 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,687 posts

Sanchez will start.

The money still looms.

Agree with the 2nd part. When the Jets' practice facility gets burned down after Sanchez is announced the starter money will talk.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#56 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,687 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

McElroy has a stronger arm than Chad, but doesn't have a cannon, so a lot of Jets fans are writing him off from the start.

Stronger arm + not a dick. McElroy > Pennington.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#57 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

this is why I believe Rex is a competent head coach. He saw Sanchez spiraling down and he made a bold change.

I am honestly speechless. There is no gif for this.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#58 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

this is why I believe Rex is a competent head coach. He saw Sanchez spiraling down and he made a bold change.

might be dumbest post u ever made mon

#59 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Since Pennington Jets fans have gotten crazy over arm strength, which is not McElroy's strong suit. The rest of the league has also, but for Jets fans especially so.

True. Definitely did not look like he had a Pennington arm today....I know its a small sample size but still.

#60 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 33,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

After watching Rex, McElroy and Sanchez I will tell you guys this: It's Mac's team from here on out...especially after hearing anjd watching the 3rd guy, Sanchez-he is done unless Mac gets hurt and Sanchez knows he's on his way out of town...Rex saves his job. Funny thing is I heard more praising and giving credit to the OC and especially the QB coach MORE from McElroy than I have heard from sanchez all year-I don't think I've ever heard Sanchez even cite Cavanaugh once since he's been here and Mac did it like 3-4 times...that says something to me...

#61 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

That change today was proof of his stubbornness. The writing was on the wall for this over a month ago and Rex laid off the trigger because he was too scared of a Tebow fiasco. So what does he do? Waits until Tebow is inactive to finally do it when the season is already lost. The guy is a straight coward.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#62 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

GMAC will key jets draft position though mon

#63 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

That change today was proof of his stubbornness. The writing was on the wall for this over a month ago and Rex laid off the trigger because he was too scared of a Tebow fiasco. So what does he do? Waits until Tebow is inactive to finally do it when the season is already lost. The guy is a straight coward.

Not to mention he dressed Tebow last week in a game he could never play in, to avoid doing what he did today.

Posted Image

#64 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Not to mention he dressed Tebow last week in a game he could never play in, to avoid doing what he did today.

It's inexcusable. This season might have been salvageable. Waiting this long to finally hold this joke of a QB accountable for anything is one of the worst coaching decisions in the history of this franchise. And we even saw it today. After a first half of no points and 3 interceptions, he still let him start the 2nd half. And even after making the switch, he still won't just say that he's finally benched? Ridiculous.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#65 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

True. Definitely did not look like he had a Pennington arm today....I know its a small sample size but still.

with zero reps all week mon

#66 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

It's inexcusable. This season might have been salvageable. Waiting this long to finally hold this joke of a QB accountable for anything is one of the worst coaching decisions in the history of this franchise. And we even saw it today. After a first half of no points and 3 interceptions, he still let him start the 2nd half. And even after making the switch, he still won't just say that he's finally benched? Ridiculous.

Yup, and if they keep him around, they will just be doing the typical Jets move...

Out due the ridiculous, with even more ridiculous.

Posted Image

#67 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

with zero reps all week mon

He got reps this week.

#68 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

We shall see. Right now, the bold move is to start Sanchez next week. If he starts and implodes again, it's all on Rex.

That ship sailed after the Thanksgiving game. Rex hitched his wagon to Sanchez after the Seattle game and went all in on rebounding with him at the helm. He gets zero credit for pulling this sh*t when it's too late to even make a difference. Zip. Zilch. none. Not to mention that the manner in which it was done was pathetic and fits completely in line with this delusional method of handling players that's played itself out over 4 years now.

#69 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

BENCHING SANCHEZ DOESN'T MAKE THE TEAM BETTER, EXCEPT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, AND THEN REX DESERVES CREDIT FOR BEING THE GREATEST VISIONARY OF THIS OR ANY GENERATION.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#70 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,742 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sanchez will start.

The money still looms.

Hopefully the media deluge and WFAN-caller outrage will be enough to keep Sanchez on the bench. Hard to believe even Woody would allow a few sheckels to keep them from making the popular move.

Edited by T0mShane, 02 December 2012 - 05:18 PM.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#71 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Yup, and if they keep him around, they will just be doing the typical Jets move...

Out due the ridiculous, with even more ridiculous.

It's already typical Jets. That was typical Jets today. Does anyone really think that it's just a complete coincidence that a QB who should've been benched over a month ago was finally given the hook during a game in which the controversial backup that the coach clearly doesn't want playing was inactive? I mean come on with this crap. I'm so over the ****ing Tannenbaum era of Jets football.

#72 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 33,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

BENCHING SANCHEZ DOESN'T MAKE THE TEAM BETTER, EXCEPT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, AND THEN REX DESERVES CREDIT FOR BEING THE GREATEST VISIONARY OF THIS OR ANY GENERATION.

yea sort of like another very average guy became as genius for drafting a 6th round QB and then becoming a hall of famer with a SB ring or two

#73 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 33,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Did youse guys SEE the two paper bag-headed Jets fans? You SEE the move being made right after that?

#74 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 12,902 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

If Rex starts Sanchez next week, we riot. He's dead here. Over. Done.

Give the ball to the Irishman.

Victory.

Red Heads FTMFW

Proud Member of the AVM

#75 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,742 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

That ship sailed after the Thanksgiving game. Rex hitched his wagon to Sanchez after the Seattle game and went all in on rebounding with him at the helm. He gets zero credit for pulling this sh*t when it's too late to even make a difference. Zip. Zilch. none. Not to mention that the manner in which it was done was pathetic and fits completely in line with this delusional method of handling players that's played itself out over 4 years now.

Mostly agree with everything you're saying, but if I'm Rex, and it's the day after the last game, it'd be in my best interest to have switched to McElroy now and hang Sanchez all on Tannenbaum. If McElroy shows anything at all, then it will show that Sanchez failed the coaching and not the other way around. I think. Optics.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users