Rex taking bows

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was decent, the cards have a worse offense than the jets, there is nothing they could have done to be awesome today, the cards offense is that bad.

they are that bad but the jets defense played them as expected and dominated them. If the cards scored more then we could say defense had a problem. But the cards are bad on offense and the jets D did what a good defense should have done to them

they are that bad but the jets defense played them as expected and dominated them. If the cards scored more then we could say defense had a problem. But the cards are bad on offense and the jets D did what a good defense should have done to them

Agree, but not brag or bow worthy.

When you do what you were supposed to do, you move on.

I don't take a bow for going to work everyday, I'm supposed to do that.

Think about it.. 137 yds allowed, 40 on a freak play (what is wrong with our special teams this year?) so they allowed less than 100. They really didn't allow a point since that was 3 and the other 3 was on a fumble recovery. The defense didn't allow any on their own... not even the typical Jets "we just took the lead, so here, please drive down the field" drive.

Agree, but not brag or bow worthy.

When you do what you were supposed to do, you move on.

I don't take a bow for going to work everyday, I'm supposed to do that.

but do you go to work everyday and kick ass!

they were suppose to do this and they did it. If you look at it just statistically its really impressive . No harm in saying the defense played really well cause they did lol

So was he supposed to:

1. Not give the PC?

2. Ignore questions about the defense?

3. Say "yeah the defense did well, but let's face it, Arizona blows!"

4. Pretend that he's mad that his defense gave up a whopping 150 yards of combined offense on the day?

So which is it???

All of the above.

Oh shut up. Not one thing about this season has been remotely enjoyable. Even Wilkerson's progress gets tainted because of how ****ing terrible the LB's have become.

That's what bothers me about Rex -- and it comes through even his sideline demeanor. We squeak ahead of a really crappy team and he's running aorund on the sidelines pumped like Blutarsky. At the other end of the spectrum, after the usual weekly pasting he looks and sounds suicidal. No middle ground. This poor excuse for an NFL HC seems to have skipped both reality and humility. He got lucky today. We still need to clean house.

That's what bothers me about Rex -- and it comes through even his sideline demeanor. We squeak ahead of a really crappy team and he's running aorund on the sidelines pumped like Blutarsky. At the other end of the spectrum, after the usual weekly pasting he looks and sounds suicidal. No middle ground. This poor excuse for an NFL HC seems to have skipped both reality and humility. He got lucky today. We still need to clean house.

Could not have said it better myself, exactly right.

Exactly. Taking bows? For beating a 1-10 team 7-6 one game after the biggest embarrassment ever? Completely pathetic. Bows lol. What a tool.

ok half their team got owned (offense)

If the Jets offense played against my local high school team, they would own the high school team, does not mean they should take bows.

Cardinals offense may be worse than my local high school teams offense, seriously

If the Jets offense played against my local high school team, they would own the high school team, does not mean they should take bows.

Cardinals offense may be worse than my local high school teams offense, seriously

if your high school team owned someone in your state tho they should take bows. Same league

Cardinals offense does not belong in the NFL, neither does the Jets offense

lol both are bad but pats still probably took credit for beating the jets. Hell so did miami. Holding an opponent down statistically like the jets did yesterday was an impressive feat. Just as what the 49ers did to the jets is an impressive feat.

Does anybody have a vid of him taking these bows?

All he said is he was proud of the defensive effort and they played well.

this contention that he was "taking bows" is laughably innaccurate. but it makes for a good read.

So you guys get your wish, Sanchez gets benched (rightfully so) McElroy comes in and leads us to a score and then a first and goal but kneels out, and you guys r bitching because the defense played well against a team that started the season 4 & 0 and were talked about winning the west? Injuries play a big part of who play the game, didn't we have our share this season?

I don't care you are playing, the Cards got more rushing yds on the fake punt then the team did THE REST OF THE GAME!!!

some of you r just born bithchers I guess.....

So you guys get your wish, Sanchez gets benched (rightfully so) McElroy comes in and leads us to a score and then a first and goal but kneels out, and you guys r bitching because the defense played well against a team that started the season 4 & 0 and were talked about winning the west? Injuries play a big part of who play the game, didn't we have our share this season?

I don't care you are playing, the Cards got more rushing yds on the fake punt then the team did THE REST OF THE GAME!!!

This. H8 Jets fan. Bunch of whiners.

Rex is the man and he defense showed up and proved their greatness. He deserves to bow. His team is still fighting. Signs of a great HC.

I just would not go overboard crediting our defense when Arizona had the worse QB play I have seen in watching 40 years or so of football

Defense was giving him fits. Rex is the man. That QB threw for 300 yards the game before vs. the Rams and out played Bradford.

I just would not go overboard crediting our defense when Arizona had the worse QB play I have seen in watching 40 years or so of football

Why Lindley wasn't pulled for Skelton was absolutely mindboggling. Either Whisenhunt is deliberately tanking or he's trying to get fired. Even if the Cardinals had bad QB play they win that game. Lindley was unspeakably awful.

A Rex Ryan-lead defense did what it always does to rookie QBs; confuses them into having extremely subpar games. If you look at the stats and record of opposing rookie QBs against the defense, it's fairly staggering. I don't there's much to be particularly proud of in a 7-6 abysmally played offensive game, but as a coach you need to find the silver lining somewhere and forcing the team from completing a 3rd down should be one of them. It's just one game and doesn't make up for a season of poor play on 3rd down, however, if his defense does it for four straight games leading to 4 wins, then he can take some bows if he wants.

Why Lindley wasn't pulled for Skelton was absolutely mindboggling. Either Whisenhunt is deliberately tanking or he's trying to get fired. Even if the Cardinals had bad QB play they win that game. Lindley was unspeakably awful.

They want to evaluate what they have in Lindley. They realize Skelton will never be the man and if they want to be sure of that with Lindley, they need to see him in all aspects of the game so as they can go into the offseason with a handle on looking for a new QB. For what it's worth, I don't think skelton does any better against this defense. It's pretty apparent either way that even with Kolb, the cardinals will be looking for a new QB. I wish they'd ship Fitzy out of there to a team that can win.

Not to say you're wrong in your overall thesis, but the bolded demonstrates a bit of an agenda too, no?

Archived