Rex taking bows

unbanmadmike1

They want to evaluate what they have in Lindley. They realize Skelton will never be the man and if they want to be sure of that with Lindley, they need to see him in all aspects of the game so as they can go into the offseason with a handle on looking for a new QB. For what it's worth, I don't think skelton does any better against this defense. It's pretty apparent either way that even with Kolb, the cardinals will be looking for a new QB. I wish they'd ship Fitzy out of there to a team that can win.

It's more of a situation akin to what we have here. I don't think there's really any hope that Lindley really is anything or will be, but at some point they had to hold Skelton accountable for how bad he was playing. When your QB is approaching Ryan Leaf's interception records, that's usually a sign it's time to sit him down.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more of a situation akin to what we have here. I don't think there's really any hope that Lindley really is anything or will be, but at some point they had to hold Skelton accountable for how bad he was playing. When your QB is approaching Ryan Leaf's interception records, that's usually a sign it's time to sit him down.

True. The only difference is whereas I want Fitzy shipped to a winning team so he can win, part of me wants Holmes to be stuck here to rot in this purgatorial sh*thole.

True. The only difference is whereas I want Fitzy shipped to a winning team so he can win, part of me wants Holmes to be stuck here to rot in this purgatorial sh*thole.

I think he'll be OK. Though I do wonder if Larry Fitzgerald and his $130 million contract is on a medical school messageboard today rooting for BroadwayJoe12 and his loans.

Just like every other coach in the NFL.

No, I see complete performances from Head coaches in this league often.

Theses coaches hold their locker rooms together. They have accountability for players. They do not have players that take gripes to the media. They do not have coaches that state they are being "forced" into certain player options. They do not place targets on their team's backs by making outlandish statements.

Theses coaches hold their locker rooms together. They have accountability for players. They do not have players that take gripes to the media. They do not have coaches that state they are being "forced" into certain player options. They do not place targets on their team's backs by making outlandish statements.

No you dont. You need to pay more attention. Being a Jets fans has made you blind.

The offense was moving the ball. sh*thead just kept giving it to the other team. He certainly kicked Whisenhunt's ass.

This. H8 Jets fan. Bunch of whiners.

Rex is the man and he defense showed up and proved their greatness. He deserves to bow. His team is still fighting. Signs of a great HC.

LOL at Rex deserving to bow, being the man, or being anything remotely close to a great HC.

You are delusional, and I am being nice.

For a while I thought you had passed my dog up on football knowledge, this post sadly changes my mind.

Back in the dog house for you Jifer.

If they take bows after beating 4-8 and 2-10 teams they are clowns.

The whole "taking bows" thing is dumb. They are happy because of a win. I guess fans want them to be sad after a win. or better yet, lose every game so all the players and all the coaches and all the staff could get fired. Cause that's the way forward. The Jets should just fire everyone, and hold open try outs like "Invincable." That would be the move.

If they take bows after beating 4-8 and 2-10 teams they are clowns.

and if they lose to a 4-8 or 2-10 team they are? What would be the correct reaction at his presser next week if:

we dominate on the road

we barely win the road game

we barely lose the road game

we get blown out

We saw this coming when they released the sched. Our last part of the year looked like a cake walk. now, just for the record, I think you need a DECENT team to have any cakewalks, but that is just my opinion. Maybe a terribad team can have easy games too?

The whole "taking bows" thing is dumb. They are happy because of a win. I guess fans want them to be sad after a win. or better yet, lose every game so all the players and all the coaches and all the staff could get fired. Cause that's the way forward. The Jets should just fire everyone, and hold open try outs like "Invincable." That would be the move.

When you watch the worst QB play in the history of the NFL and you have to hear Rex crowing about his D after the game, the delusion of it makes you want to throw up.

This is the dumbest thread going...Rex was clearly not taking a bow during the press conference. His response about Lombardi's comments given through Leberfeld was simply defending himself to an attack. He does not have to sit there and take sh*t from the media and feel like he has to be timid. It is like some of you are personally offended that he was satisfied with the defensive effort. The QB of the Cards clearly sucks but he did throw for over 300 yards the week before - we held him to under 75 and forced 0/15 on third down. As a fan I am thrilled with that performance and they have every right to be happy about it.

This is the dumbest thread going...Rex was clearly not taking a bow during the press conference. His response about Lombardi's comments given through Leberfeld was simply defending himself to an attack. He does not have to sit there and take sh*t from the media and feel like he has to be timid. It is like some of you are personally offended that he was satisfied with the defensive effort. The QB of the Cards clearly sucks but he did throw for over 300 yards the week before - we held him to under 75 and forced 0/15 on third down. As a fan I am thrilled with that performance and they have every right to be happy about it.

Great 1st post, welcome..but be warned, logic doesn't cut it here with these blockheads.

And facts? Fugetaboutit..

LOL at Rex deserving to bow, being the man, or being anything remotely close to a great HC.

You are delusional, and I am being nice.

For a while I thought you had passed my dog up on football knowledge, this post sadly changes my mind.

Back in the dog house for you Jifer.

You should bow to Rex Ryan's greatness.

We haven't won a super bowl in over 40 years. Nobody is allowed to smile until we do.

Welcome to the board. If you'd like to fit in, then dont find enjoyment at all from your favorite team. Zero.

Coaches are not allowed to by happy when their team performs well. Nope. Not acceptable behavior.

So wait, while I'm not going to deny there is an endless amount to criticize the Jets about, and Rex in particular, do we really have an entire thread dedicated to trashing him for something that there's nothing to suggest ever actually occurred?

Thats whats up, dawg. And even if it was true, shame on him for being proud of a great performance from his defense. He's a real pos.

You are ****ing relentless and not in a good way. Please explain to me how the D wasn't great. Maybe they should be great against such a young QB, but can you well me in what major or minor way they failed?

They were playing against the worst QB to ever start a game in the NFL. Big friggin deal. No one wants to hear how great they were after a game against an opponent like that when they have been mediocre at best all season against real teams.

They were playing against the worst QB to ever start a game in the NFL. Big friggin deal. No one wants to hear how great they were after a game against an opponent like that when they have been mediocre at best all season against real teams.

Sanchez was playing for Arizona?

If you don't want to hear it, how about you change the station and better yet, not rebroadcast it here. The D was ****ing sick yesterday and for him to say they sucked would be a lie. For him to downplay it would be an insult to the Cards and we'd have to hear how he shouldn't be doing that. Get over it already. The D played well. Embrace it and stop bitching about it.

Sanchez was playing for Arizona?

If you don't want to hear it, how about you change the station and better yet, not rebroadcast it here. The D was ****ing sick yesterday and for him to say they sucked would be a lie. For him to downplay it would be an insult to the Cards and we'd have to hear how he shouldn't be doing that. Get over it already. The D played well. Embrace it and stop bitching about it.

Were you watching the game? Lindley made sanchez look like Drew Brees. He was missing WR's by 15 feet. If the D plays well against a competent team with a starting quality QB I'll give them all the credit. No one wants to hear it when you beat a helpless QB by 1 point.

Archived