3 is better than 2!

THE ILK

I still have faith in rex ryan. they gave cowher 10+ years in Pittsburgh. Jets fans want to get rid of Rex after 4. No friggin way. He's not perfect but he's not Ray handley either. Rex is an awesome defensive coach who is competent at head coach.

Love what he did with Vernon!

I still have faith in rex ryan. they gave cowher 10+ years in Pittsburgh. Jets fans want to get rid of Rex after 4. No friggin way. He's not perfect but he's not Ray handley either. Rex is an awesome defensive coach who is competent at head coach.

Cowher > Herm > cow dung > Rex.

Not really. Cowher took over a 7-9 team and won 11, 9, 12, 11 his first 4 years, winning his division 3x, and went to the SB in year 4. Yeah Pittsburgh got the snot beat out of them in the SB but they were just overmatched anyway. Sure we have had to deal with Sanchez, but he was saddled with Kordell Stewart as his starting QB for half a decade (then Tommy Maddox for a couple of years after that).

I think Cowher is a bit overrated and don't know that he is right for today's pass-first game any more than Rex has shown to be. Plus if he wanted the job he'd have already taken it before we hired Rex. This place is a zoo and I don't see him wanting any part of that.

SMFH

What do think Lovie Smith knows about offensive Football? John Harbaugh? John Fox? Marvin Jones? Mike Tomlin?

Fox and Tomlin have hall of fame QB's so they are winning, Smith and Harbaugh have elite talent on both sides of the ball. I've never heard any of them sound as clueless as Rex does though.

Fox and Tomlin have hall of fame QB's so they are winning, Smith and Harbaugh have elite talent on both sides of the ball. I've never heard any of them sound as clueless as Rex does though.

Whats that got to do with knowing something about offense?

Rex Ryan on Jets starting quarterback vs Jaguars: 'I definitely need a little more time to make that decision'

BY Manish Mehta

The morning after Rex Ryan benched Mark Sanchez for the first time in his career, the Jets head coach didn’t reveal who his starting quarterback will be this week against the Jaguars.

Will it be Greg McElroy, who sparked the Jets in the 7-6 win over the Cardinals on Sunday, Tim Tebow or Sanchez?

"Right now, I definitely need a little more time to make that decision,” Ryan said on Monday. “I'm comfortable and confident with all 3 quarterbacks. I think all three guys have now proven they can win in this league…. But I'll make that decision as the week goes on."

Ryan maintained that he would discuss it with his coaching staff, including offensive coordinator Tony Sparano and quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh.

“I want to make sure that I talk to Tony, Matt, everybody… and make sure I get a sense of what will be the right decision,” Ryan said. “I got three good quarterbacks. I feel good about three quarterbacks. I think we’re in a lot better situation than probably a lot of teams.”

"I just want to make sure I get all the facts,” Ryan later added. “It's a big decision... Obviously, the decision I think has to be made on what gives us the best opportunity to beat Jacksonville…. I want it to be open discussion. So I don’t want to say that there’s a way that I’m definitely leaning. I want to make sure that everybody knows that it’s an open discussion. I want honest feedback.”

Ryan said he believes he’ll have a decision by Tuesday night before the start of Wednesday’s practice.

“Obviously the quarterback position is different than any other position,” Ryan said. “I’m probably slower to make that move. I’ve benched a lot of great players as a coach…. on defense in particular.”

Ryan admitted that the team will monitor Tebow’s cracked ribs during the week.

“I don’t think he’s near 100 percent,” Ryan said. “Quite honestly I let Tim talk me into activating him the week before and I think that was something that I regretted. I wasn’t going to let him talk his way into it this time.”

The fact that the Jets are on the road this week wouldn’t necessarily preclude McElroy from getting his first career start, Ryan said.

“He’s not foreign to big games,” Ryan said. “He won a national championship….

We’re fortunate to have guys that are tested that way.”

Not really. Cowher took over a 7-9 team and won 11, 9, 12, 11 his first 4 years, winning his division 3x, and went to the SB in year 4. Yeah Pittsburgh got the snot beat out of them in the SB but they were just overmatched anyway. Sure we have had to deal with Sanchez, but he was saddled with Kordell Stewart as his starting QB for half a decade (then Tommy Maddox for a couple of years after that).

I think Cowher is a bit overrated and don't know that he is right for today's pass-first game any more than Rex has shown to be. Plus if he wanted the job he'd have already taken it before we hired Rex. This place is a zoo and I don't see him wanting any part of that.

Agree with all of this.

I can't really argue with it. BUT I would like to say for your consideration, at least Herm wasn't considered an embarrassment by the rest of the league.

Ok, if you would like to put Herm above Rex, I'm fine with it.

But for the record, they still both equal cow dung as A HC.

Well, they know enough to have good offensive QB's.

Unlike Rex "Sanchez" Ryan who has Schitthead and Sparano as his OC's.

Usually QB's are offensive. Not sure how that makes them qualified to know something about offense. I'm sure they are directly responsible for having good QB's too.

I don't see how he'd ever come here anyways with this organization's hierarchy. Woody is beyond dumb and will probably always want a say in this team. There's no reason to think he'll have learned his lesson from this season because he clearly hasn't from any of the other debacles. Cowher's going to want autonomy, no way any coach or GM is going to get that here.

I don't see how he'd ever come here anyways with this organization's hierarchy. Woody is beyond dumb and will probably always want a say in this team. There's no reason to think he'll have learned his lesson from this season because he clearly hasn't from any of the other debacles. Cowher's going to want autonomy, no way any coach or GM is going to get that here.

Yup

If any HC wants this "autonomy" I don't want him here. You can't be the HC and the GM at the same time. It's tough enough to excel at one of those things at a time. It's been a flopped every time it's been tried.

If any HC wants this "autonomy" I don't want him here. You can't be the HC and the GM at the same time. It's tough enough to excel at one of those things at a time. It's been a flopped every time it's been tried.

I think it's more about bringing in a GM he's comfortable with and on the same page, than it is actually doing both.

I do agree though, only one who actually succeeded in this model is Bellicheck, and to some extent McCarthy.

I think it's more about bringing in a GM he's comfortable with and on the same page, than it is actually doing both.

I do agree though, only one who actually succeeded in this model is Bellicheck, and to some extent McCarthy.

Belichick has no rings without Pioli (or without cheating for that matter). And NE's hit/miss ratio in the draft is worse than Tannenbaum's. Let that sink in for all BB knob slurpers.

Belichick has no rings without Pioli (or without cheating for that matter). And NE's hit/miss ratio in the draft is worse than Tannenbaum's. Let that sink in for all BB knob slurpers.

This is the other way around. Pioli is a fool who will never win anything without Belichick and his cheating. This is a guy who traded a high 2 for a QB who's arguably worse than sanchez and I defy you to name one good player he's brought to the chiefs

This is the other way around. Pioli is a fool who will never win anything without Belichick and his cheating. This is a guy who traded a high 2 for a QB who's arguably worse than sanchez and I defy you to name one good player he's brought to the chiefs

How many rings does Belichick have without Pioli? Zero.

The two jobs are too much for one person no matter how many video cameras they buy.

The Chiefs actually have some talent....Crennell is an awful HC

Archived