•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

3 is better than 2!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Now Rex has 3 "proven winners"

Look out World!

Has there ever been anybody in more over their head then Rex?

Edited by JADEDGREEN, 03 December 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

#2 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Now Rex has 3 "proven winners"

Look out World!

Has there ever been anybody in more over their head then Rex?

LOL, what a complete MORON!

Can we please get rid of this guy, please!

#3 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I still have faith in rex ryan. they gave cowher 10+ years in Pittsburgh. Jets fans want to get rid of Rex after 4. No friggin way. He's not perfect but he's not Ray handley either. Rex is an awesome defensive coach who is competent at head coach.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#4 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I still have faith in rex ryan. they gave cowher 10+ years in Pittsburgh. Jets fans want to get rid of Rex after 4. No friggin way. He's not perfect but he's not Ray handley either. Rex is an awesome defensive coach who is competent at head coach.

Love what he did with Vernon!

Posted Image

#5 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Cowher > Herm > cow dung > Rex.

#6 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,479 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Rex is here to stay. We should all thank our lucky stars to be blessed with such a great head coach.
Posted Image

#7 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 29,056 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Not really. Cowher took over a 7-9 team and won 11, 9, 12, 11 his first 4 years, winning his division 3x, and went to the SB in year 4. Yeah Pittsburgh got the snot beat out of them in the SB but they were just overmatched anyway. Sure we have had to deal with Sanchez, but he was saddled with Kordell Stewart as his starting QB for half a decade (then Tommy Maddox for a couple of years after that).

I think Cowher is a bit overrated and don't know that he is right for today's pass-first game any more than Rex has shown to be. Plus if he wanted the job he'd have already taken it before we hired Rex. This place is a zoo and I don't see him wanting any part of that.

JetNation.com

#8 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,987 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

SMFH

#9 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

The more Rex talks the more you realize how clueless he is when it comes to offensive football. You can't have that in the 2012 NFL.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 03 December 2012 - 02:14 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#10 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,327 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yeah. These offensive guys never sound clueless!

Haven't you guys ever listened to Holmgren, Billick or Gruden speak?

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#11 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

The more Rex talks the more you realize how clueless he is when it comes to offensive football. You can't have that in the 2012 NFL.

What do think Lovie Smith knows about offensive Football? John Harbaugh? John Fox? Marvin Jones? Mike Tomlin?
Posted Image

#12 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

What do think Lovie Smith knows about offensive Football? John Harbaugh? John Fox? Marvin Jones? Mike Tomlin?

Fox and Tomlin have hall of fame QB's so they are winning, Smith and Harbaugh have elite talent on both sides of the ball. I've never heard any of them sound as clueless as Rex does though.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 03 December 2012 - 02:24 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#13 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Fox and Tomlin have hall of fame QB's so they are winning, Smith and Harbaugh have elite talent on both sides of the ball. I've never heard any of them sound as clueless as Rex does though.

Whats that got to do with knowing something about offense?
Posted Image

#14 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,848 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Rex Ryan on Jets starting quarterback vs Jaguars: 'I definitely need a little more time to make that decision'

BY Manish Mehta

The morning after Rex Ryan benched Mark Sanchez for the first time in his career, the Jets head coach didn’t reveal who his starting quarterback will be this week against the Jaguars.

Will it be Greg McElroy, who sparked the Jets in the 7-6 win over the Cardinals on Sunday, Tim Tebow or Sanchez?

"Right now, I definitely need a little more time to make that decision,” Ryan said on Monday. “I'm comfortable and confident with all 3 quarterbacks. I think all three guys have now proven they can win in this league…. But I'll make that decision as the week goes on."

Ryan maintained that he would discuss it with his coaching staff, including offensive coordinator Tony Sparano and quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh.

“I want to make sure that I talk to Tony, Matt, everybody… and make sure I get a sense of what will be the right decision,” Ryan said. “I got three good quarterbacks. I feel good about three quarterbacks. I think we’re in a lot better situation than probably a lot of teams.”

"I just want to make sure I get all the facts,” Ryan later added. “It's a big decision... Obviously, the decision I think has to be made on what gives us the best opportunity to beat Jacksonville…. I want it to be open discussion. So I don’t want to say that there’s a way that I’m definitely leaning. I want to make sure that everybody knows that it’s an open discussion. I want honest feedback.”

Ryan said he believes he’ll have a decision by Tuesday night before the start of Wednesday’s practice.

“Obviously the quarterback position is different than any other position,” Ryan said. “I’m probably slower to make that move. I’ve benched a lot of great players as a coach…. on defense in particular.”

Ryan admitted that the team will monitor Tebow’s cracked ribs during the week.
“I don’t think he’s near 100 percent,” Ryan said. “Quite honestly I let Tim talk me into activating him the week before and I think that was something that I regretted. I wasn’t going to let him talk his way into it this time.”

The fact that the Jets are on the road this week wouldn’t necessarily preclude McElroy from getting his first career start, Ryan said.

“He’s not foreign to big games,” Ryan said. “He won a national championship….
We’re fortunate to have guys that are tested that way.”

#15 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,067 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Used car salesman.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#16 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

He's soft, a good HC would just throw Sanchez under the bus. Rex owes Mark nothing, he's rich young and can't play QB in the NFL boo Feckin who. Can you imagine Parcells or Bilacheat saying this Sh#t..

#17 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,379 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Used car salesman.

He's soft

Ape, how could you let Burnley steal your line?

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#18 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Cowher > Herm > cow dung > Rex.

I would say it more like this:

Cowher=overrated>Rex=Herm=cow dung

#19 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Whats that got to do with knowing something about offense?

Well, they know enough to have good offensive QB's.

Unlike Rex "Sanchez" Ryan who has Schitthead and Sparano as his OC's.

#20 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I would say it more like this:

Cowher=overrated>Rex=Herm=cow dung

I can't really argue with it. BUT I would like to say for your consideration, at least Herm wasn't considered an embarrassment by the rest of the league.

#21 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Not really. Cowher took over a 7-9 team and won 11, 9, 12, 11 his first 4 years, winning his division 3x, and went to the SB in year 4. Yeah Pittsburgh got the snot beat out of them in the SB but they were just overmatched anyway. Sure we have had to deal with Sanchez, but he was saddled with Kordell Stewart as his starting QB for half a decade (then Tommy Maddox for a couple of years after that).

I think Cowher is a bit overrated and don't know that he is right for today's pass-first game any more than Rex has shown to be. Plus if he wanted the job he'd have already taken it before we hired Rex. This place is a zoo and I don't see him wanting any part of that.

Agree with all of this.

#22 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I can't really argue with it. BUT I would like to say for your consideration, at least Herm wasn't considered an embarrassment by the rest of the league.

Ok, if you would like to put Herm above Rex, I'm fine with it.

But for the record, they still both equal cow dung as A HC.

#23 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Well, they know enough to have good offensive QB's.

Unlike Rex "Sanchez" Ryan who has Schitthead and Sparano as his OC's.

Usually QB's are offensive. Not sure how that makes them qualified to know something about offense. I'm sure they are directly responsible for having good QB's too.
Posted Image

#24 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Extensions for everyone!

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#25 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Usually QB's are offensive. Not sure how that makes them qualified to know something about offense. I'm sure they are directly responsible for having good QB's too.

That was a typo, I meant offensive coordinators.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users