Mark needs help...

Jetsouth

There's nothing more to be said about Pick 6. He makes awful decisions every game. He has no concept of ball protection nor how to avoid the rush. He never hits receivers in stride and often puts it up high such that it's a miracle he hasn't gotten one of them killed.

I expect absent some injury Sanchez has played his last down as a Jet. may be with a big ass guaranteed 2013 contract he gets to hold a clipboard or wear a baseball cap.

I have no idea if McElroy is the answer. But he didn't turn the ball over and he knew on on occasion Sunday to throw it away rather than give up a sack or turn the ball over. It's baby steps but it's progress.

I'd rip on Sanchez too but it seems like everyone else here does a way better job than me at it, and I'm not one to beat a dead horse. If we all sat around and just ripped Sanchez continually, as fun as it may be, it wouldn't get us anywhere wth all of the other significant drawbacks the Jets have. A QB like Manning or Brees or Rodgers could probably turn this rag tag team into a winner, I'm sure. None of them are available this offseason and I don't see anything remotely close to guys like that in the draft.

And while I agree this team can't take the next step with Sanchez, he isn't the only element of this team holding him back. I hope they try to improve the QB situation because ours is amongst the worse in the league, I just don't see it happening until 2014 at the earliest. Which blows.

Maybe I've just been desensitized by ineptitude by the Jets for so long that Sanchez sucking doesn't bother me as much as everyone else because I don't think this team would succeed (win a Super Bowl) with anyone else at QB either. I didn't want him coming out of college and I certainly didn't want to trade up to get him, but that's what they did so I decided to support him and hoped he would succeed. He has had his moments, but overall it hasn't been what you would expect out of a pick that high. I just don't see the point in piling on with everyone else. That horse is dead and we'll be haunted for at least another season with it's ghost.

Both were on the amrket last season. And Tannenabum didn't do a damn thing. If you want to say cap numbers, what ever. There were 2 chances to try to change the equation and this IDIOT GM DID NOTHING.

Both were on the amrket last season. And Tannenabum didn't do a damn thing. If you want to say cap numbers, what ever. There were 2 chances to try to change the equation and this IDIOT GM DID NOTHING.

They were, but Brees wasn't leaving and Manning wanted to part of the circus. That's on the front office.

he is a two pump chump. The last time he was successful was when we went to passing plays with double moves that incorporated the 2 pumps into the play since they cant get this guy to drop back and fire the ball...

Make or break year and Mark has failed. Failed the team, failed the fans, and failed himself...Too bad because I was rooting for him hard. Seemed like a good guy, dedicated to football.He just dont got it. The flashes early in his career have been drowned by the abysmal performances in year 4. adios brochachoe!

I thought so also. Brees was never available this off-season. He was last available in March of 2006. Manning wasn't coming here no matter what, and I'm fairly certain our idiot GM looked into it (as it was publicized).

I thought so also. Brees was never available this off-season. He was last available in March of 2006. Manning wasn't coming here no matter what, and I'm fairly certain our idiot GM looked into it (as it was publicized).

Who knows; in the midst of Brees' contract dispute, perhaps an offer of a trade(Revis? a few #1s, which the GM usually pisses away?) would have worked. And perhaps if you spoke to Manning abit more you could've explored things a bunch more. But because our GM is a clown, our coach a buffoon who doesn't care about offense and our owner a spolied brat, may be you're right; this franchise is now toxic to serious people.

Who knows; in the midst of Brees' contract dispute, perhaps an offer of a trade(Revis? a few #1s, which the GM usually pisses away?) would have worked. And perhaps if you spoke to Manning abit more you could've explored things a bunch more. But because our GM is a clown, our coach a buffoon who doesn't care about offense and our owner a spolied brat, may be you're right; this franchise is now toxic to serious people.

We were not permitted to talk to Brees. He was slapped with an exclusive franchise tag. Someone educated me on it months ago. One of the new designations in the most recent CBA.

I am a Jets fan and I know they can't win one with Sanchez. Not Tebow nor McElroy. That's all very clear. There is plenty to harp on for Sanchez and how bad he has been over the last two seasons. It seems like even when he makes a decent play everyone is quick to dismiss it. As long as he is the QB here I will cheer for him. If he's not the QB I'll cheer for the next man up. Ultimately the failure of the team rests on Rex and Tanny for putting a crap product on the field. We all know Sanchez is bad but he doesn't make the call to keep sending himself out there. He doesn't call the plays.

The problem is that it wasnt a decent play, man. the throw was late, it was also underthrown. Shillens has to slow down. Come to your senses man or you may have to change your name to batsh!t crazy carl. You are pointing to a very specific play and saying that Sanchez was decent but it was an interception on a late and underthrown ball. just watch it again, please.

“I need to understand where the mistakes came from,” Sanchez said after the game.

So does Rex in my opinion..

“I’m comfortable and confident with all three quarterbacks,” Ryan said. “I think all three guys have, now, proven they can win in this league.”

a "Rexism"--'a statement which stands reason on its ear. A statement which defies credulity. A statement normally issued by a confirmed nincompoop---but not always.'

Look at the replay. Sanchez was late on the throw and underthrew Schill as a result. That's how Peterson was able to intercept it. Schill had to reach back for the ball and Peterson jumped his shoulder to get it. If Sanchez threw the ball when he shouldve it wouldve likely been ***DROPPED*** Schill had separation but Sanchez blew it by waiting too long.

Fixed

I have to read that blurb in the Daily News from Gary (Clueless) Myers about how Mark took Rex and Woody and Tanny to a Mexican Restaurant before the draft and ordered for everyone? How these tunas thought that this displayed leadership qualities to them, So knowing the difference between a chimichanga and a taco means you are going to be a good QB in the pros? Did he order hot or mild salsa? Maybe that would indicate if he has GM potential? This is the kind of brainpower and character evaluation we have at the top? It is like saying some soldier who can shoot straight on a shooting range will automatically be an asset in real battle. Tell me something Mark did in a real game that showed true leadership. I know Mark stinks, but it would be nice to think that all these other guys don't stink as much. Could they just do a little real research?Tell me that they just made an honest mistake and were not as clueless as Myers. Stories like this make me wonder.

Well, there was that one time his tummy was rumbling...He told the waterboy to run a streak route to the hot dog vendor and he excuted the perfect consumption of it = LEADERSHIP!

a "Rexism"--'a statement which stands reason on its ear. A statement which defies credulity. A statement normally issued by a confirmed nincompoop---but not always.'

That is why I am surprised with the elation at using Greg.. Rex claims to want to win, but his usage of Sanchez far past time, and putting TT on inactive so he could replace him with Greg... :/

Archived