GMAC or Tebow ?

Jetsouth

GMAC or Tebow   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better option to finish the year ?

• Tebow
    • GMAC
    • whats his name... for the diehards

I am most impressed with fight and desire...and instinct. I am not impressed much with pedigree, scout evals or anonymous quotes...

I am convinced the Tebow kid will be a success if given a full opportunity to run a Redskins/49's/Carolina style spread option offense.. I think his passing issues will improve and until then he can make do with his feet, etc..

GMAC also might make good given some time..but very little tape or time under NFL center to eval at this point.

What say you ?

Unfortunately, the weakness of the Jets schedule makes it difficult to evaluate any QB properly.

I think Tebow is gone after this year. Whatever your thoughts on him may be, I think the Jets see bringing him in as a mistake.

The team needs to bring in at least one new QB next year. They're stuck with Sanchez because of his contract, so he stays. It's Tebow's spot that the new QB will be filling. GMC is auditioning for a potential backup role, and if he flunks out, they'll know they need to bring in two new QBs.

I am most impressed with fight and desire...and instinct. I am not impressed much with pedigree, scout evals or anonymous quotes...

I am convinced the Tebow kid will be a success if given a full opportunity to run a Redskins/49's/Carolina style spread option offense.. I think his passing issues will improve and until then he can make do with his feet, etc..

GMAC also might make good given some time..but very little tape or time under NFL center to eval at this point.

What say you ?

You should read the scouting reports on Joe Montana and Tom Brady ...why do I bring up those guys ? because they were passed up by a lot of teams and a bunch of QB's were taken before them as well. What was the biggest attribute they both had ? They were very smart QB's. If you brought in McElroy then you have to give him a real shot to prove himself anything else at this point would be stupid.

Unfortunately, the weakness of the Jets schedule makes it difficult to evaluate any QB properly.

I think Tebow is gone after this year. Whatever your thoughts on him may be, I think the Jets see bringing him in as a mistake.

The team needs to bring in at least one new QB next year. They're stuck with Sanchez because of his contract, so he stays. It's Tebow's spot that the new QB will be filling. GMC is auditioning for a potential backup role, and if he flunks out, they'll know they need to bring in two new QBs.

Well im glad we have had time to evaluate Mr Sanchez... and the final answer is he sucks...

Sanchez has tremendous potential to be a star in the NFL just like Leinert and Palmer did as well. USC produces players who are ready for the NFL, but Sanchez's lack of game experience will probably cause teams to pass on him early on. There is no question about his abilities and skill sets. Sanchez has excellent technique and is a very heady QB. He does an excellent job of recognizing coverages and blitzes. Sanchez has a quick release and is very accurate with the ball giving his receivers all the chances to make plays after the catch. Hopefully Sanchez has gained enough game experience at USC so that it is not a rude awakening in the NFL.

Original scouting report (above) Leinert and Palmer.... Oh Goody lol

BTW... Did they ever give Tebow a chance? No... Rex waits till the guy is in street clothes to make the move.... very suspicious move.... Tebow is the backup QB.. He deserves to be the next guy up

BTW... Did they ever give Tebow a chance? No... Rex waits till the guy is in street clothes to make the move.... very suspicious move.... Tebow is the backup QB.. He deserves to be the next guy up

Oh yes, very suspicious, indeed. Obviously, Rex -like most of the league- wants nothing to do with the guy at QB.

I agree with this assessment except for the part of Sanchez, management will find a way to get him to another team. Spot on anbout GMC, he is auditioning for a backup role which is not a bad career for a guy.

Along the same lines, Tebow and Sanchez will be auditioning for another team. The interesting question there is what would you advise them to do if you were their agents. Should Mark encouragre Rex to play Mcelroy, Should Tebow demand to play the read option, should both of them try to sit for the rest of the year? That may be a good thread topic.

I agree with this assessment except for the part of Sanchez, management will find a way to get him to another team. Spot on an about GMC, he is auditioning for a backup role which is not a bad career for a guy.

Along the same lines, Tebow and Sanchez will be auditioning for another team. The interesting question there is what would you advise them to do if you were their agent. Should Mark encourage Rex to play McElroy, should Tebow demand to play the read option, should both of them try to sit for the rest of the year? That may be a good thread topic.

Oh yes, very suspicious, indeed. Obviously, Rex -like most of the league- wants nothing to do with the guy at QB.

I think you're wrong.. the league is QB poor right now..and Tebow wasn't *on the market* long, like Manning was..when you take two or three weeks to look around, (and in Manning's case it was huge news every turn) you have more opportunity that arises.. One could make a case that Tim was quickly scooped up... BUT that doesn't fit with that common theme *no one wants to start him* ..

So where am I going .. I am not alone in making the assumption (maybe wrongly, maybe not) that inserting Tim is possible, but the offense would have to change, as I said.. it just might be Rex wants to go to that kind of offense, or a combination of his beloved ground and pound with spread option.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21248392/tebow-no-factor-in-jets-quarterback-derby--and-heres-why

I am more a believer that Rex really saw something (along with GM Tann) in Tim...and Woody was in favor, they may have done that *thinking* it would make Woody Johnson happy.. remains to be seen.

That is why I started the poll, because the way this has gone down seems pre planned..and when those things start to happen, they almost never wind up the way people think.. I wouldn't be surprised if the holding Tebow out and starting Gmac would lead to Tim being the starter.. maybe that is because I like to watch him play like he was before... it reminds me of the football I grew up watching and playing, not the prima donna bs we have to suffer through these days. I like watching a fighter, not what we have been watching..

i hate all the tebow conspiracy theories. the guy runs an option and has broken ribs. end of story.

If you are a pocket passer you can play with broken ribs. if you are a glorified RB you can't. there's no conspiracy the guy just got hurt at the wrong time (and probably shouldn't have been active for NE).

oh... and I'm GMAC all the way.

Jets do not have a "next man up" mentality. That falls on Rex and Tanny. Most coaches, successful ones, would have a press conference after the Revis injury and say "this is an opportunity for so-and-so, next man up, that is how this TEAM is built". Not Rex... he comes out and looks like someone shot his dog.

Pathetic really.

So the fact that the Jets aren't inclined to bench a player that earned a benching weeks ago, and let the next man step up, doesn't surprise me in the least. This team is driven by posturing for sales and reactive fan-appeasement when the dumb sh*t they do to sell, backfires. Nobody in this organization actually cares about winning football games.

i hate all the tebow conspiracy theories. the guy runs an option and has broken ribs. end of story.

If you are a pocket passer you can play with broken ribs. if you are a glorified RB you can't. there's no conspiracy the guy just got hurt at the wrong time (and probably shouldn't have been active for NE).

oh... and I'm GMAC all the way.

Tebow is the shiznit playing injured.. it is a non factor, based on his history.. He ran a friggin td on a broken leg, its on film. He played the entire game with the bone "movin and stuff and poppin and stuff" He put

three in the air and one on the ground in a loss to Michigan in 08 with a broken non dominate hand.. He has always played injured.

Tebow is the shiznit playing injured.. it is a non factor, based on his history.. He ran a friggin td on a broken leg, its on film. He played the entire game with the bone "movin and stuff and poppin and stuff" He put

three in the air and one on the ground in a loss to Michigan in 08 with a broken non dominate hand.. He has always played injured.

high school and college achievement is not a reliable indicator of future nfl performance. Yes he had broken ribs against Michigan. Jacksonville is not Michigan.

What say you ?

He is too slow to run the Redskin offense. We saw the difference speed made when we played 49ers.

Deserves? Deserves? What the **** has he ever done to show that he deserves anything? That's the problem at QB and any position where they mention "pedigree." It's almost all based on perception and draft slot and much less based on performance.

You should read the scouting reports on Joe Montana and Tom Brady ...why do I bring up those guys ? because they were passed up by a lot of teams and a bunch of QB's were taken before them as well. What was the biggest attribute they both had ? They were very smart QB's. If you brought in McElroy then you have to give him a real shot to prove himself anything else at this point would be stupid.

I think they reported he tied the record high score on the Wunderlic. Might be more impressive if the all-time high weren't Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick.

We know what we have in Sanchez. He can EAD.

We probably know what have in Tebow. He can also EAD.

We don't know what we have in McElroy and for the good of the franchise should try to find out. The future at QB is probably not on our roster. But that's the word we need to clear up. Probably. Before we move forward to find our future at the position, might as well exhaust all of our available resources first, and determine that our future at the position is definitively not on the roster.

McElroy is the guy.

Tim Tebow is not viable as the Jets long term starting QB or any other team's starting QB. That doesn't mean he doesn't carry value as an NFL player. Most information available suggests the same about Greg McElroy but there needs to be more data compiled. Even the lowest levels of common sense tell you to complete the study.

high school and college achievement is not a reliable indicator of future nfl performance. Yes he had broken ribs against Michigan. Jacksonville is not Michigan.

He played an entire game, ran for a TD on a broken fibula, a LEG bone, and he played with a small hand bone (non dominate) in college. Did you read what I wrote, or just start typing some crap about whatever ?

I was not comparing football stats, I don't know why it is so difficult to understand that if some kid plays with broken bones in college and high school it is unreasonable to believe he would have that same pain threshold as an adult..

Fact is I am a health care person, I study the human anatomy for a living, and I give out the best drugs on the planet based on pain. I have never seen someone who has multiple scars and a history of mva's and or sports injuries suddenly have a different pain threshold as an adult.. except for when maybe they are very old.

Tim Tebow is not viable as the Jets long term starting QB or any other team's starting QB. That doesn't mean he doesn't carry value as an NFL player. Most information available suggests the same about Greg McElroy but there needs to be more data compiled. Even the lowest levels of common sense tell you to complete the study.

You love to say Tebow will never do _______ whatever don't you..? LOL...seems like that is another common theme amongst the anti Tebow crowd "he will never be a NFL QB"

Why is that ? He is one of about what 90-100 NFL QBs ...and he has won a playoff game, yet..He will never be a NFL QB..

I hate to break it to you in the middle of your Tbow is the dirt beneath my feet world, but he has far surpassed any person that has ever posted on this website's football prowess, and he put over 300 yds on the steelers last year in the air.

That sounds likea fcking NFL Q B to me. Maybe not Brady..or Rodgers, but still, please elevate yourself as a person, and try to give deference to what someone accomplishes full due, it only benefits YOU as a person to do so.

He played an entire game, ran for a TD on a broken fibula, a LEG bone, and he played with a small hand bone (non dominate) in college. Did you read what I wrote, or just start typing some crap about whatever ?

I was not comparing football stats, I don't know why it is so difficult to understand that if some kid plays with broken bones in college and high school it is unreasonable to believe he would have that same pain threshold as an adult..

Fact is I am a health care person, I study the human anatomy for a living, and I give out the best drugs on the planet based on pain. I have never seen someone who has multiple scars and a history of mva's and or sports injuries suddenly have a different pain threshold as an adult.. except for when maybe they are very old.

it's not about the pain threshold, it's about the quality of competition. NFL defenses prey on weakness and they will destroy Tebow if he tries to run the spread option with broken ribs. You don't know what Tebow would do in this situation, because he's never been in it. These things he did 4 or 5 years ago, against college or high school competition, is not relevant to playing injured in the NFL. Yes QBs do play with broken ribs but they hide and throw quick. Tebow isn't gonna play like that. He's gonna get crushed by NFL DE's and LB's and they aren't gonna let a qb with broken ribs beat them on the ground.

it's not about the pain threshold, it's about the quality of competition. NFL defenses prey on weakness and they will destroy Tebow if he tries to run the spread option with broken ribs. You don't know what Tebow would do in this situation, because he's never been in it. These things he did 4 or 5 years ago, against college or high school competition, is not relevant to playing injured in the NFL. Yes QBs do play with broken ribs but they hide and throw quick. Tebow isn't gonna play like that. He's gonna get crushed by NFL DE's and LB's and they aren't gonna let a qb with broken ribs beat them on the ground.

He doesn't have broken ribs... I have had broken ribs several times.. I had 13 complete rib fx posterior and 6 anterior in 84, I had six more in 99.

You also don't know what Tebow would do in this situation, but based on his pain threshold history, I have complete confidence in saying this issue with rib contusions that have to be seen on MRI or CT but aren't even visible on standard x ray have nothing to do with his ability to play.

\

You think Gmac is the savior, but the JETS are stuck with Sanchez.. I would venture to say that Gmac isn't talented enough to displace that fat 20 mill guarantee, but Tebow is.. Enjoy the next year or two with Sanchez I guess...

If you really want to argue quality of competition but you want to exclude how Tebow plays, I have to disregard your sincerity about most anything you say in the future..lol.

After reading this I would rather call you corky

corky.jpg

This is your opinion and it is based on nothing. And you're smashmouth, not sperm edwards, dbatesman, or any other poster with at least half a brain on this site, so I take it with a grain of salt, ****face.

Now I have to root for Greg McElroy to fall flat on his ass as well. I already told you about Sanchez, you didn't listen, moran. Now you bash Sanchez when you KNOW you were darning his socks in the preseason and offseason. Now you're going for round two, right?

This is your opinion and it is based on nothing. And you're smashmouth, not sperm edwards, dbatesman, or any other poster with at least half a brain on this site, so I take it with a grain of salt, ****face.

Now I have to root for Greg McElroy to fall flat on his ass as well. I already told you about Sanchez, you didn't listen, moron. Now you bash Sanchez when you KNOW you were sucking his cock in the preseason and offseason. Now you're going for round two, right?

LULZ HE SO MED

Archived