Braylon Edwards: blame idiots calling shots, not Mark

Lizard King

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the stat recently, Rex's elite defenses have given up 7 4th quarter game winning drives by the opponent during his tenure with the Jets.

I would ask you to remember that a defense would get worn out by spending the entire game on the field while the offense goes 3 and out all day. This would be most evident in the 4th quarter of a contest. Statistics is the only science that lies...

He is not a great qb, I think that has been gone over ad nauseum.

I am sure, if you would ask Rex, if he would like to have the game in his defenses hands, in order to win a game in teh 4th quarter, you would receive an enthusiastic "yes!".

They have failed to protect leads. That is not a big secret.

How big were the leads they blew?

When you have a HOF back, some solid receivers, an outstanding O-line, and the top pass defense, of course he's going to look like he improved.

And give him a crappy back,recievers who can't catch a cold, a sieve for a O-Line and a defense on the bottom of the league in sacks and pressures, of course he is gonna regress....

Nothing there that answers my question. How many points did the offense score in those games? How many points did the offense score in the 4th quarter of the games that the defense gave away?

Rex Ryan tells us we have an elite defense. My expectations of an elite defense is that they hold a lead when the game is on the line. Rex's defenses have not done that and have allowed long field marches in those spots. Moire so than should be expected on average.

The Jets play conservative on offense, to put in the defenses hands. And they have given up some mind numbing drives to end games.

Rex Ryan tells us we have an elite defense. My expectations of an elite defense is that they hold a lead when the game is on the line. Rex's defenses have not done that and have allowed long field marches in those spots. Moire so than should be expected on average.

The Jets play conservative on offense, to put in the defenses hands. And they have given up some mind numbing drives to end games.

Like the Tebow game last year when the defense gave up three points through 57 minutes off of three days of rest in Mile High Stadium when the offense couldn't stay on the field for more than three plays at a time.

Mark Sanchez sucks, but you can rightfully point to the incompetence of the front office for much of his sucking. They thought it was a good idea to surround him with Plaxico, Derrick Mason and Santonio at one point. There's no spinning that kind of idiotic thinking.

Yeah. Look at the three pieces a qb needs, offensive line, wide receivers, and running game. Look at the team from when Sanchez came aboard in 2009. Every single year from his rookie start, each of those 3 pieces has gotten worse than they had been the year before. Every one of those 3 units. It is nonsensical to think a qb can really improve if all his supporting units are neglected and deteriorate each successive season.

See this is where you're dead wrong. There was no progression in 2010, and no regression since, unless you count going from "sucking" to "sucking just as badly while sprinkling in an attitude of 'I don't want to be here'" as regression.

2010 was probably the most talented Jets team EVER, or at least top 3. It hid Mark's flaws quite nicely. When you have a HOF back, some solid receivers, an outstanding O-line, and the top pass defense, of course he's going to look like he improved.

The oline was not as good as the year before with the absence of Fanaca, and the hof back had a decent season but mentioning him as this team having a hof back is misleading, LT hadn't been putting out hof caliber seasons by that point.

Mark sucks ass, he is awful, maybe the worst QB in the league.

But the idiots calling the shots have let him go this long.

Not only did they draft him. They developed him, they picked the offense, they watch him, they brought in nobody viable to play the position.

The idiots calling the shots are to blame, for allowing this to be our QB and offensive situation.

The oline was not as good as the year before with the absence of Fanaca

The running game took a slight step back but not the pass-blocking, once Slauson "gelled" with the rest of the line into his role. Faneca ended up having a terrible year for Arizona, especially when it came to sacks allowed.

LT was certainly an upgrade over Thomas Jones, even if Jones seemed to be more productive the prior season.

The idiots calling the shots arent responsible for 44 turnovers since last year.

Yes, thats right, Mark has turned the ball over 44 times in the last 2 seasons. Unreal, right?

He's second in the NFL in turnovers since 2009. Do you know who is #1?

It is the amount of times that it has happened. Will a game get away here or there? Absolutely.

With Rex's defense, it has been a regular occurence. Have you not seen it?

I see it as the offense not closing the game out. If they could manage to stay on the field or score some points after exhausting their defense by not doing so for three quarters...

But while we're certain this is a regular feature of Rex' defenses. How do you explain it?

I see it as the offense not closing the game out. If they could manage to stay on the field or score some points after exhausting their defense by not doing so for three quarters...

But while we're certain this is a regular feature of Rex' defenses. How do you explain it?

First, Rex Ryan is also supposed to be managing the offense. Any problem with that area, is also a reflection of him.

As to the defensive failings, I am not sure that I could put one definitive reason, but I have seen Rex go into a shell late and forgo giving blitz looks.

He's second in the NFL in turnovers since 2009. Do you know who is #1?

Oh, tell me tell me!!!

Braylon Edwards@OfficialBraylon I would like to apologize to the Jets family and my fans for my emotional outburst. Mark is a friend and former teammate, who I wholeheartedly support. Nonetheless, I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for.

Haha. Braylon's got issues.

Bray's earlier statement isn't contradictory of his statements now. He can like Wilson more than Sanchez (everyone should by now), and still think Tanny did a crappy job.

Except, the statement was made before Wilson had started a single game. Sure, it's not a contradiction by definition, but the comment was pretty telling.

Archived