Braylon Edwards: blame idiots calling shots, not Mark

Lizard King

First reported by Brad Biggs of The Chicago, I can confirm that the Seattle Seahawks waived/injured receiver Braylon Edwards today.

The University of Michigan product had to fight for a spot on the roster during training camp, but emerged as a starter for Seattle in the season opener at Arizona because Golden Tate started the season with a knee issue.

Edwards, 29, played in 10 games for Seattle, finishing with eight catches for 74 yards and a touchdown.

The Seahawks now have five receivers on the active roster in Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Charly Martin, Jermaine Kearse and Tate.

Seattle also has three receivers on the practice squad in Corbin Louks, Lavasier Tuinei and Phil Bates, so it’s possible head coach Pete Carroll could move one of those players up to the active roster to replace Edwards.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/12/04/seahawks-waive-wr-braylon-edwards/#storylink=cpy'>http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/12/04/seahawks-waive-wr-braylon-edwards/#storylink=cpy

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/12/04/seahawks-waive-wr-braylon-edwards/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it. Tannenbaum is not a good GM. Give me a good football guy and we can hire another accountant.

Woody is a terrible owner. Builds an abomination of a stadium and meddles in personnel decisions with no more football experience than an average fan.

Rex is a great defensive coach when things are going well, but horrible at game management and awful at handling the PR side of the job and inept at dealing with a bad lockerroom situation.

We are completely depleted at the skill positions and have very dubious playcalling most of the time.

Bottom line, we are a mess up top. I actually still believe Sanchez may go somewhere else and be successful. I also believe the way things are right now, even Peyton couldn't have succeeded here. Sad given how close this team was just 2-3 years ago but we have a long road ahead.

Can't fire the owner, but let's at least get a better GM in place and start moving toward the light.

i agree with Braylon. Its not even just that Tanny and Rex didnt do anything to help him, they did stuff that HARMED his development. The receiver corp was a rotating door and Holmes who has stayed is an overpaid diva. Keller can't block, Greene is mediocre at best. Sanchez will never be a quarterback that can make his players look better than they are, and our players are nothing special so these are the results.

Sanchez hasnt helped himself recently thou, personally, i think he wants out. Wherever he goes thou, I bet if he gets another shot he will re-gain a solid starting position in the NFL

He's second in the NFL in turnovers since 2009. Do you know who is #1?

There is a 4000 yard difference in yards thrown and an almost 40 TD difference during that span. Also, that other QB has an extreme outlier of 25 Interceptions one season, a good deal that were attributed to his receivers not holding onto the ball. He also has much better yards per attempt, accuracy and yards per catch numbers. He also has been sacked over 30 times less than Sanchez despite having an inferior line for a majority of that span.

Try again.

Archived