BRING BACK BRAYLON

RyanBe_Tebowing

Braylon calls Jets 'idiots' then gets waived by Seahawks: report

It doesn't pay to stick up for Mark Sanchez these days.

Former Jets receiver Braylon Edwards took to Twitter early this morning to say it’s not Sanchez’s fault he hasn’t played well. Later Tuesday evening, Edwards was waived by the Seahawks, according to a Chicago Tribune report.

“Don't blame Sanchez,” Edwards posted to his Twitter account. “I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will [prove] it when given a proper chance.”

Edwards would apologize later in the day, but it might have come too late. The 29-year-old did play in Sunday's win over the Bears, and was not known to be injured.

"I would like to apologize to the Jets family and my fans for my emotional outburst. Mark is a friend and former teammate, who I wholeheartedly support. Nonetheless, I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for," Edwards tweeted in two messages that came four hours apart.

Edwards clearly has issues with general manager Mike Tannnenbaum, who let Edwards walk as a free agent before the 2011 season and chose not to bring him back again before this year when he was a free agent.

It would be surprising if Edwards’ remarks were directed at coach Rex Ryan, who had a good relationship with Edwards. During a tryout for the Dolphins this summer, Edwards was asked who the one person in the NFL would be that would recommend the team sign him. Edwards named Ryan. The scene was captured by the HBO show “Hard Knocks.”

Ryan benched Sanchez Sunday against the Cardinals and is now deciding who the starting quarterback will be for Sunday’s game in Jacksonville – Sanchez, Greg McElroy or Tim Tebow.

Read more: Braylon Edwards tweets support for Jets' Mark Sanchez http://www.nypost.co...O#ixzz2E8j1PQkj

Amazing how bad he's been since he left. Did nothing in San Francisco, did nothing in Seattle... I still want him back though.

I don't care what he said about Tanny or whoever... the guy made plays for us and our wide receiver corp is beyond pathetic right now. We'd be stupid to not even take a flier on the guy. We endured the worst off the field problems hes had, and now he is humbled and clean. Bring him back.

I don't care what he said about Tanny or whoever... the guy made plays for us and our wide receiver corp is beyond pathetic right now. We'd be stupid to not even take a flier on the guy. We endured the worst off the field problems hes had, and now he is humbled and clean. Bring him back.

does seatlle know something we dont though? Its not like they have the best WR corps either

Archived