The Case for Tim Tebow

TTTTebowAndTheJets

There are people in this world still clueless enough to try to blame even a portion of Tebow's sucktitude on the Bronco's supporting cast last year? Funny how they are now sporting one of the league's top offenses with nearly the identical offensive roster other than one very important exception... the QB. Now granted, their QB is now Peyton f'n Manning, but considering that he's coming off of 4 major neck surgeries and a year out of the league, you'd think there would at least be the slightest bit of evidence that the supporting cast was negatively impacting his play, yet no such thing exists. These folks make the Sanchez apologists look reasonable and level-headed by comparison, and that's really saying something.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compare this to Mark or Greg dude..

INcludes many of his interceptions and bad plays..too.

http://youtu.be/bh_R4y1fcLU

And??? Should I pull up Sanchez highlights when he won playoff games for us to cherry pick a point?

Doesnt change my view of Tebow at all. Terrible throwing motion. Needs a great line to save his ass. Gets lucky when defenses collapse around him.

The problem isn't what quarter it is. Look at the film ; Tebow succeeded when the Broncos ran rollouts and options that scrambled the defense and had LBs and safeties moving left and right. He either tossed it to a trailing back, threw a dumpoff in the flats or ran over said unsteady defenders for decent gains. He is never going to be a dropback passer. Sparano, being a frigging moron, instead calls plays that have Tebow either drop back or run right up the middle at straight up DL guys.Tebow i probably bigger than most LBs and safeties; he's puny compared to the Wilforks of the NFL. Either of Sparano's choices is pointless. I don't know if Tebow could've made a difference but I know Sparano calls plays for him as if he never watched tape of what Tebow did well last year.

Tebow had a good run (despite generally poor play) followed by a bad run. If not for the unlikely win against the Steelers, the discussion of him as an NFL QB would barely exist. As bad as Mark has been, it's difficult to look at Tebow and see improvement. Even his supporters generally admit that a team needs to tailor their offense to his (limited) talents in order for him to be successful. What kind of case is that?

Washington is not running the same offense it was last year. I'm not comparing the two as players, just saying that it seems that there was some tailoring going on there.

And??? Should I pull up Sanchez highlights when he won playoff games for us to cherry pick a point?

Doesnt change my view of Tebow at all. Terrible throwing motion. Needs a great line to save his ass. Gets lucky when defenses collapse around him.

Sure... except Mark didn't take over a team that had a 1.8% chance of making the playoffs with no practice with the first team, and the 24th ranked defense.. PLease do pull up Marks highlights from 09.. and 10 even if you have to have two years of highlights to go against Tebow's 11 games last year.. sure, please do.

I was hoping one of Marks fans would do that.

Washington is not running the same offense it was last year. I'm not comparing the two as players, just saying that it seems that there was some tailoring going on there.

Look at Carolinas offense pre CAm Newton.. then go back and look at Cam at Auburn..

Better yet, look at Baylor from last year...

The problem isn't what quarter it is. Look at the film ; Tebow succeeded when the Broncos ran rollouts and options that scrambled the defense and had LBs and safeties moving left and right. He either tossed it to a trailing back, threw a dumpoff in the flats or ran over said unsteady defenders for decent gains. He is never going to be a dropback passer. Sparano, being a frigging moron, instead calls plays that have Tebow either drop back or run right up the middle at straight up DL guys.Tebow i probably bigger than most LBs and safeties; he's puny compared to the Wilforks of the NFL. Either of Sparano's choices is pointless. I don't know if Tebow could've made a difference but I know Sparano calls plays for him as if he never watched tape of what Tebow did well last year.

Tebow has been terribly misued by this coaching staff and they should be embarrassed they couldnt figure out how to use this "weapon"

Wow. I guess Pittsburgh being without one of their top defenders had nothing to do with this? Its all because Tebow is the sh!t!

And take out the 1 pas for 80 yards and its a sh!tty game.

But go ahead,.... 300yd GAME!! TEBOW IS THE AWESOME!!

Keep cherry picking numbers and stats and ignore the evidence right in front of your eyes. There is no way in hell Tebow could EVER perform like that with the Jets offense in front of him. Its a team game, and our team stinks. Tebow will be killled behind center with this team.

No Mark is killed behind center with this team, because they were done with him when Holmes left the huddle last year.

Greg was well protected, for a reason.. Hell, I bet if Wayne Hunter was here, he would block like a maniac for Tebow or Gmac.. Mark was exposed two years ago..and it is just now coming out in plain view why he has been taking snaps all this time.. MONEY. Brunell would have delivered a better record than Mark has.

When Mark finally gets the boot, he can join JaMarcus at Hooters and talk about the good ol days and the crap support they got.

No Mark is killed behind center with this team, because they were done with him when Holmes left the huddle last year.

Greg was well protected, for a reason.. Hell, I bet if Wayne Hunter was here, he would block like a maniac for Tebow or Gmac.. Mark was exposed two years ago..and it is just now coming out in plain view why he has been taking snaps all this time.. MONEY. Brunell would have delivered a better record than Mark has.

When Mark finally gets the boot, he can join JaMarcus at Hooters and talk about the good ol days and the crap support they got.

That's a pretty damning statement aboutthe character of the football players on the Jets. It's also severely untrue.

Sure... except Mark didn't take over a team that had a 1.8% chance of making the playoffs with no practice with the first team, and the 24th ranked defense.. PLease do pull up Marks highlights from 09.. and 10 even if you have to have two years of highlights to go against Tebow's 11 games last year.. sure, please do.

I was hoping one of Marks fans would do that.

Since Im not one of his fans, I guess Im not allowed.

Plus I dont waste my time on stupid ventures like trying to prove that someone is a competent QB against all evidence against it.

If you so truly loved Tim Tebow and wanted him to start, why arent you flying to NJ, holding up signs or maybe kidnapping Rexy to get Tebow to start. Discussing it on a mediocre message board is a waste of time and only makes you out to be a homer. Everyone knows you cant be believed since you arent a jets fan. F#ck, Im only playing along because I have nothing better to do today and the laundry isnt done yet.

:rl:

Clueless. And stupid. If you were a woman you would be perfect for me.

So, the general argument is Rex is soooo smart he can eval talent enough he knows Mark gives the JETS the best chance to win.. but he watched Tebow (in college perhaps) and then all last year, even when Tebow spanked teh Jets, and he is the braintrust of the NFL for NOT starting Tebow.. ok.

To think, with this long ass post and you couldn't even make it through one paragraph without completely invalidating your own position. Tebow spanked the Jets? We're now classifying one single TD drive in an entire game as a spanking? You've simply proved, beyond any doubt, that you are completely incapable of even the slightest bit of objective analysis on this topic and have no grasp on the reality of this situation.

Four years of Sanchez, and you still think Rex knows talent ? Look at Sparano.. he lost his last job, and he has a job waiting ?

It's obvious why Rex doesn't want to start Tebow ...yet, when he does, there won't be any going back to Sanchez..

Slats, we haven't seen Tebow play... and all this discussion about his limited skill set or he can't throw is nonsense..

Really? Based on what? All of the evidence supports that fully. You saying its nonsense doesn't make it so. You've got to do better than that, but it seems that you can't.

in spite of what he had to throw to last year.. Manning in fact proves my point...

LOL. Are you out of your damn mind? That couldn't be more completely opposite than the truth.

Yes he is better than Tebow by far, he better be..he has much more time and support than Tebow has had, but Denver is actually a team with a QB, and Tim showed that last year turning that team around after Orton failed to deliver a winning season with all kinds of support.

What is any of this supposed to mean? What's been proven this season is that the supporting cast who you people try to blame endlessly for Tebow being an awful QB in Denver is good enough to be one of the league's best offenses. Granted Manning is a whole other class of QB, but if the players were as bad as you try to paint them, the upside of the offense would still be limited. They don't magically become better just because Manning shows up, and considering he doesn't seem to be any worse off when playing with them than he was earlier in his career, it would suggest that the supporting cast was not the problem with Denver's offense.

I get it ... There are just people , most of whom have been die hard Sanchez supporters up until now, who absolutely hate Tebow, it doesn't matter what he did, or will do.. every bit of it was a fluke.

Sanchez is ****ing awful. Outside of maybe 3 people on this board, two of which bailed on him last week, there's nobody supporting that schmuck. It just so happens, that doesn't change the fact that Tebow is also horrendously bad.

It doens't matter if he threw for over 300 yds against the number one d last year.. that was a fluke.

It doesn't matter if he took over a team after the FO had no choice because their chosen best chance to win failed, into the playoffs with a 1.8% chance of making it.

It doesn't matter that he is regarded by many as the best college football player ever.. (4ncaa DIV 1 records, 14 SEC records, and 28 school records for PASSING and running)

Sure, those things happened, but they don't make Tebow a great (or even mediocre) QB just like Sanchez's success his first two years in the league don't make him one either. Trying to take team success, look at it in a complete vacuum and then credit it entirely towards the QB has absolutely no merit.

And as far as college goes, you're right, it doesn't matter one damn bit. This is the NFL, not college football. There are countless number of college all-time greats who never did sh*t in the NFL. Tebow's simply joined that already long list.

What matters is that these same *JETS fans* would rather have the third string QB with one NFL start and NO visible history in this league start instead of the nice kid that beat them last year...

Because we know Sanchez sucks and we know Tebow sucks, and there's at least the slight bit of possibility that maybe McElroy doesn't suck (although he probably does), simply because it hasn't been already proven to be the case.

It's not even funny..its pathetic.

Yeah, this really is.

yes, I know college doesn't count.. that is why people are citing Gmacs college accomplishments as reason to start him, and why the NFL uses college to evaluate players before the draft.

Or, again, it could just be that he's the only QB on the Jets' roster who hasn't yet proven beyond doubt that he sucks ass.

btw, in case you haven't noticed there are several teams in the NFL who are running the spread option at present, because their current QBs ran the SO in college. RG3 is running the exact same offense as Tebow in college.

Yeah, so? It's one thing to tailor your offense for a good QB (RG3), it's another to tailor it for a sh*tty one (Tebow). The situations have no point of comparison. Consider as an example, that prior to this season's injury, the Jets were the only defense in the league to build it's entire defense around their #1 CB and had a great deal of success doing it as well. That doesn't change the fact that a team like the Buccaneers, with the league's worst passing defense, would be complete morons to try to do something like that.

If Tim Tebow was a starting QB in this league, he would be a nice mediocre QB who wins 6-9 games a year.

He's a below average talent and not good enough for the long haul.

While it would have been nice to see Rex bench Taco much earlier to see IF the tebow magic could work, I doubt the results were going to be any better. This is a bad football team.

That's a pretty damning statement aboutthe character of the football players on the Jets. It's also severely untrue.

What, Holmes leaving the huddle and the entire team turning on Sanchez because of it isn't the same as Holmes starting sh*t with Sanchez in the huddle and the rest of the offense actually having Sanchez's back and subsequently tossing Holmes' ass out of the huddle isn't the same thing? Of course, I wouldn't him to expect to know what happened as I have no doubt the only Jets game he ever watched prior to this season was last year's vs Denver. The guy is clearly not a Jets fan, he's a Tebow fan.

I think letting Tebow do whatever he can muster-up behind our offensive line would have resulted in better overall outcomes than continually putting Mark Sanchez out there.

At this point, you have to ask yourself if you wanted wins, or a traditionally good QB. Tebow would have led us to more wins, I have almost zero doubt about this.

Tebow's completion percentage at the NFL level isn't any lower than Sanchez has been this year. Tebow turns the ball over less. In fact is there any QB that turns the ball over more than Sanchez? I don't think there is.... I'd have to check.

I understand how Tebow is polarizing. But the people arguing against him are overlooking the FACT that Sanchez's number this year are worse that what Tebow has shown he can do. If you have to choose between 2 guys that are going to have a low completion percentage, you take the guy that can run the ball, improvise, turns it over less and motivates his team more. I see Tebow winning that decision, as crappy as the choices are, every day. Which is why I'm in awe at how he's been under utilized by this coaching staff.

If Tim Tebow was a starting QB in this league, he would be a nice mediocre QB who wins 6-9 games a year.

He's a below average talent and not good enough for the long haul.

While it would have been nice to see Rex bench Taco much earlier to see IF the tebow magic could work, I doubt the results were going to be any better. This is a bad football team.

Which is better than having one of the worst starting QBs in the league and winning 3-5 games. Isn't it?

Yeah, so? It's one thing to tailor your offense for a good QB (RG3), it's another to tailor it for a sh*tty one (Tebow).

Bologna.

If coaches aren't tailoring their schemes around the talent they have on the roster, then they aren't coaching. If Tebow is who the Jets have, and went out and obtained, then they sure as sh*t should have tailored something to take advantage of what he does well at the QB position.

Bologna.

If coaches aren't tailoring their schemes around the talent they have on the roster, then they aren't coaching. If Tebow is who the Jets have, and went out and obtained, then they sure as sh*t should have tailored something to take advantage of what he does well at the QB position.

The coaches screwed the pooch big time on this. While I am not a fan of Tebow, how in the world do you not have an offense that CAN take advantage of the things he does do well??? If they had just 10 or 20 plays for him, he could have easily slid into the starting role or relief role. But nope. Foot Sniffer and Sunglasses didnt do a god damn thing. And this is what should cost them their jobs at the end of this season.

No. 6-9 gives hope. 3-5 is time to move on.

8-9 wins is a trip to the playoffs in most seasons.

You'd prefer 3-5 and bitching until the hand of God delivers us a perfect team with pro bowl players at every positions. Rational.

I think letting Tebow do whatever he can muster-up behind our offensive line would have resulted in better overall outcomes than continually putting Mark Sanchez out there.

At this point, you have to ask yourself if you wanted wins, or a traditionally good QB. Tebow would have led us to more wins, I have almost zero doubt about this.

Tebow's completion percentage at the NFL level isn't any lower than Sanchez has been this year. Tebow turns the ball over less. In fact is there any QB that turns the ball over more than Sanchez? I don't think there is.... I'd have to check.

I understand how Tebow is polarizing. But the people arguing against him are overlooking the FACT that Sanchez's number this year are worse that what Tebow has shown he can do. If you have to choose between 2 guys that are going to have a low completion percentage, you take the guy that can run the ball, improvise, turns it over less and motivates his team more. I see Tebow winning that decision, as crappy as the choices are, every day. Which is why I'm in awe at how he's been under utilized by this coaching staff.

Tebow should have been put in weeks ago to sink or swim. Foot sniffer and sunglasses failed the team and their fans by not having an offense that could work with tebow and sanchez.

The coaches screwed the pooch big time on this. While I am not a fan of Tebow, how in the world do you not have an offense that CAN take advantage of the things he does do well??? If they had just 10 or 20 plays for him, he could have easily slid into the starting role or relief role. But nope. Foot Sniffer and Sunglasses didnt do a god damn thing. And this is what should cost them their jobs at the end of this season.

Exactly.

Listen, in the games where Sanchez sometimes plays well.... he throws the ball 20 times. Tebow could have done that for us, and been running the ball out of more formations than the stupid wildcat, to make our running game more of an asset.

Tebow is the exact type of win ugly, ground and pound QB that Rex needed and he was right under his nose and he did nothing with him.

Bologna.

The Jets never acquired Tebow to be the team's starting QB. You don't change the entire offensive system for some crappy player who you brought in to be nothing more than a gimmick guy. Even Schitty knew better than to design his entire offense around Brad Smith. The Jets have made it clear they don't want Tebow starting for this team, so there's absolutely no reason you waste your time building anything around him. If you want to make the argument about how they used him in a select few plays that's one thing, but that's a completely different point than changing the setup of the entire offensive system for a backup gimmick player, which is the absurd point that I was directly responding to.

Exactly.

Listen, in the games where Sanchez sometimes plays well.... he throws the ball 20 times. Tebow could have done that for us, and been running the ball out of more formations than the stupid wildcat, to make our running game more of an asset.

Tebow is the exact type of win ugly, ground and pound QB that Rex needed and he was right under his nose and he did nothing with him.

Tebow was never going to be the starting QB for this team to begin the year. So lets not rewrite history about this team. What can be criticized is not getting him in there as a starter in week 9 or 10 or so. What could we have done if Rex wasnt so stubborn, actually had plays for the guy, and had some guts?

The Jets never acquired Tebow to be the team's starting QB. You don't change the entire offensive system for some crappy player who you brought in to be nothing more than a gimmick guy. Even Schitty knew better than to design his entire offense around Brad Smith. The Jets have made it clear they don't want Tebow starting for this team, so there's absolutely no reason you waste your time building anything around him. If you want to make the argument about how they used him in a select few plays that's one thing, but that's a completely different point than changing the setup of the entire offensive system for a backup gimmick player, which is the absurd point that I was directly responding to.

When you have a team with nothing but 3 crappy backup players that you have to unfortunately choose from for the most important role in the entire franchise, then you do. You do assess what each guy is capable of, take the one with the most upside, and build something, anything around him.

They didn't.

Instead, they invested in losing games with a guy whose ceiling has been evident for 3 seasons.

I know we won't likely agree on this, you have zero unbiased point of view on Tebow... and it doesn't really matter. The sad thing is both sides of our argument unfortunately point back to the coaching and general manager sucking at their jobs.

Tebow was never going to be the starting QB for this team to begin the year. So lets not rewrite history about this team. What can be criticized is not getting him in there as a starter in week 9 or 10 or so. What could we have done if Rex wasnt so stubborn, actually had plays for the guy, and had some guts?

Really? I said that? Thanks for putting words in MY mouth.

Archived