105 replies to this topic

#101 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,797 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

winning is always better than losing. Always. All the time. No exceptions.

Except when a late season win is the difference between Vernon Gholston and someone who can play football.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#102 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,393 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Overall, Tebow averaged just over 13 pass attempts in the first three quarters of football games. This is a level of distrust typically reserved for raw rookies, third-stringers, or Tarvaris Jackson. It’s a serious sign of the argument I’m making: that Tebow’s utter lack of passing offense was a reflection of a badly restricted passing game in Denver, because of the organization’s opinion that Tebow really was no good.
What explains Tebow’s sudden heroic performances late in games? The answer is very simple: trailing late in a game, the Broncos had no choice but to open up the offense! Teams that trail by two scores with five minutes left have nothing to lose, and neither did John Fox. With his team behind late, the coaches relented, and gave Tebow an honest-to-goodness NFL offense to work with. And the results were seemingly magical: Tebow completed more passes for more yards, got more first downs, led longer drives, and put points on the board. In other words, Tebow was a good NFL quarterback.
If Tebow’s average statistics in the fourth quarter are extrapolated over a full game, his average passing line would look like this: 21/39 for 301 yards. Of course, Tebow wouldn’t have so many pass attempts throughout games, because he wouldn’t have to play catch-up all the time. So let’s say an unrestricted Tebow would average 28 pass attempts per game (an admittedly arbitrary number). Tebow’s resulting passing line would be 15/28 for 216 yards. This of course doesn’t include Tebow’s inevitable rushing contributions.

This is a good point and true. They never put Tebow in position to succeed (besides trading his best receiver immediately after naming him a starter). Run, Run, throw on 3rd and long. Not easy for any QB, especially a first year starter who isnt exactly your standard QB.
Posted Image

#103 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Slander? Seriously? Wow, you obviously have some serious issues. Seek help.

Turns the team around? They went 8-8. Was the team overall more successful with Tebow under center than Orton? Sure. That still doesn't make him a good QB, just as the Jets success early in Sanchez's career doesn't make him one either. Keep in mind, the Bronco's offense was also setting league marks for incompetence with him under center as well.

What exactly do you think you just proved here? That the primary reason, beyond all else, for the Bronco's struggles last year was their QB play? Congratulations, I don't think anyone here is arguing that with you. It would seem that you are admitting that the coaching and other offensive talent wasn't the problem last year.

You've done one hell of a job proving yourself wrong, way to go! In case you haven't noticed, the only one here arguing against the idea that the main thing the Bronco's needed last season was a QB is you. That's why the Bronco's went out and got one this offseason and are much better off for it.

You most certainly did, right here:

So I guess we can add blatant lying to your bag of tricks.

Because I see the end of Mark's ability as the leader probably occurred around the time you see a key player leave the huddle (kicked out whatever) that means I am a liar.. ok. I probably have it wrong anyway..He was NEVER the leader..if he was ever the leader, he sure didn't hang onto it, as a real leader would....

You really get off on calling people names on the internet , don't you..
So, I guess the only way to contend with you is how most people probably do.. GFY.

#104 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Except when a late season win is the difference between Vernon Gholston and someone who can play football.

assume another loss gets them Darren McFadden. Everyone wanted that guy. And so friggin what. he's always hurt. not every draft is strong. 2008 was a really weak year, in retrospect.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#105 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Clearly this is an example where losing, in fact, was good for the longterm status of the franchise. Do you disagree?

ok sure. and maybe my use of the word always was aggressive. but the exception does NOT disprove the rule. We don't have to look back, we can look at college football right now, not only is there no luck this year, there's no rg3. it's an awful QB year.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#106 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

In case you haven't noticed, the only one here arguing against the idea that the main thing the Bronco's needed last season was a QB is you.

I distinctly recall several people on this forum saying that the kicker, the defense, and Marion Barber was responsible for the Broncos success.... after game 5.

Maybe you weren't one of them..

It was the QB, and had Tebow been the starter with the first team sooner, they might have had no reason to go to Manning, we will never know...and it wouldn't have been the first time talent was missed by supposed great evaluators .

Edited by Jetsouth, 07 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users