What is wrong with this picture ??

Jetsouth

First thing I noticed was the northeast states total dismissal of Tebow in the this poll..

Do people from this area have something against athletes who profess Christianity ?

Do people from this area have something against southerners ?

Do people from this area have something against a *good boy* being a leader of their sports team ?

What the f*ck, seriously is the deal ?

post-20036-0-78680300-1354830083_thumb.g

Tebow a a nice kid who isn't good at playing qb. We already have one of those. Next map: mark Sanchez is a great athlete and very charismatic. Why doesn't anybody like him? Is it because he's Mexican? Or because he's laid every hot broad on the eastern seaboard? Seriously! That's racist! Or sexist! Or he's sexist? I don't know. If he or Tt delivered on the field, people would like him. But Tim can't throw a spiral and mark, although he throws a beautiful ball--tends to throw them to the opposing team. Not much of an international conspiracy if you ask me.

First thing I noticed was the northeast states total dismissal of Tebow in the this poll..

Do people from this area have something against athletes who profess Christianity ?

No. They prefer McElroy over Tebow since they know Tebow isnt very good

Yes. We do. We like Alabama QB's from Califorina better.

Do people from this area have something against a *good boy* being a leader of their sports team ?

No. but he's a terrible football player.

As stated MANY times previously, Tebow sucks. Jets fans dont want tebow because he isnt an upgrade over sanchize. we do love our unknown guys... like mcelroy, and hope he is another tom brady. heck, look at all the preseason threads of preseason heroes we wish became awesome like Tommy B or even our old pal Wayne Chrebet.

But, to summarize about Tebow- Jets fans think he sucks and dont want him playing qb. they want flavor of the week mcelroy behind center.

The international numbers are more in favor of TT...again, this is more than football playing ability, this is prejudice and some sort of weird discrimination of sorts..don't you think ?

Yeah, because it could have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the vast majority of these people outside of those blue areas have absolutely no idea who the hell Greg McElroy is and nothing more than that, right? Give me a break with this diarrhea of the keyboard.

Yes

Yes

Yes

The areas in blue like the Jets (or McElroy in Alabama), while the areas in green (ironically) don't.

So there are only JETS fans in New York and Alabama ?

How about the international vote.. ? No JEST fans outside NY and CT and Bama ?

There's nothing to see here. Where there's a concentration of Jet fans, they prefer Tebow be bypassed for McElroy. Outside of that area, the name recognition for Tim pretty far outpaces that of Greg McElroy. Yet despite that branding gap, and Tebow's amazing performance against the Steelers in the playoffs, the nationwide totals are 48% for Tebow and 43% for McElroy. So even with all the Jet haters voting for Tebow in the hopes of raising the big top here, you can't get 50% of the country to think Tebow is a better starting option than McElroy.

There's nothing to see here. Where there's a concentration of Jet fans, they prefer Tebow be bypassed for McElroy. Outside of that area, the name recognition for Tim pretty far outpaces that of Greg McElroy. Yet despite that branding gap, and Tebow's amazing performance against the Steelers in the playoffs, the nationwide totals are 48% for Tebow and 43% for McElroy. So even with all the Jet haters voting for Tebow in the hopes of raising the big top here, you can't get 50% of the country to think Tebow is a better starting option than McElroy.

Well as long as the JETS have Tanny evaluating talent, and Rex sorting out the roster, and Sparano calling the plays..the JETS are SB bound...

If name recognition and local support is what set this record straight.. wtf happened with Sanchez 8 % and wtf is he starting ?

Well as long as the JETS have Tanny evaluating talent, and Rex sorting out the roster, and Sparano calling the plays..the JETS are SB bound...

If name recognition and local support is what set this record straight.. wtf happened with Sanchez 8 % and wtf is he starting ?

What fans say in a poll has little or nothing to do with who starts on the field. You asked about the poll, I gave you a straight answer about how those results came about.

If this was a Jets home game, I think McElroy might be starting. Your ball washing Sanchez fans all want him out of the lineup. Fans of the team want to see if McElroy is worth keeping in the future - even if just as a viable backup.

To be straight up Slats, I personally have grown fond of the incredible level of negativity and sarcastic insinuation of the JETS fans... and I HATE to see you guys blow it again..

The JETS have been so long without a champion involved with their team.. I'm trying to save y'alls ass..frickin Gmac can't do it buddy..sry to break it to you.

No, I am not a season ticket holder.. I relegated myself to college ball a long time ago...when the scum and prima donna types took over the NFL. When I was a NFL fan, I was playing in high school.. it was football. There was no instant replay, there was no concussions all over the place, the NFL has long since changed for something..not sure what yet.

We now have five or six really good QBs in this league at any given time...the rest of the teams have to figure out how to use what they have..and ALL of teh owners and FO's are constantly wondering if they will get lucky or RG3y..

So, meanwhile the league is relegated to an occasional RAvens or Bucs worming their way into the SB via defense.

What many people see in Tebow, like me, is a pure football player with incredible drive, none of which we have seen any of this year. NOTHING Tebow has done this year should even be counted as "his performance", as he has been used in every way BUT what he is good at.. You just don't see guys like this very often, that is why the old timers like me love the guy.. he is like a blast from the past. It may not work out for him..but like was mentioned in another article I read.."don't be surprised in BB picks tim up as heir apparent to BRady.."

That would really be the shyte for the Jets, no ?

To be straight up Slats, I personally have grown fond of the incredible level of negativity and sarcastic insinuation of the JETS fans... and I HATE to see you guys blow it again..

The JETS have been so long without a champion involved with their team.. I'm trying to save y'alls ass..frickin Gmac can't do it buddy..sry to break it to you.

No, I am not a season ticket holder.. I relegated myself to college ball a long time ago...when the scum and prima donna types took over the NFL. When I was a NFL fan, I was playing in high school.. it was football. There was no instant replay, there was no concussions all over the place, the NFL has long since changed for something..not sure what yet.

We now have five or six really good QBs in this league at any given time...the rest of the teams have to figure out how to use what they have..and ALL of teh owners and FO's are constantly wondering if they will get lucky or RG3y..

So, meanwhile the league is relegated to an occasional RAvens or Bucs worming their way into the SB via defense.

What many people see in Tebow, like me, is a pure football player with incredible drive, none of which we have seen any of this year. NOTHING Tebow has done this year should even be counted as "his performance", as he has been used in every way BUT what he is good at.. You just don't see guys like this very often, that is why the old timers like me love the guy.. he is like a blast from the past. It may not work out for him..but like was mentioned in another article I read.."don't be surprised in BB picks tim up as heir apparent to BRady.."

That would really be the shyte for the Jets, no ?

1. You're not a Jets fan, but use Jet in your screen name. Strike One.

2. See us blow what? This team sucked last year. They suck again. We're not blowing anything.

3. Concussions HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME FOR YEARS! THIS IS NOTHING NEW. STOP BEING MISLED BY THE MEDIA.

4. Yes. Tebow does have a lot of drive. And yes, we should not hold him to his performance this year when reviewing his ability as a QB as he's been used incorrectly. We should hold him to how he has performed in the past. Comebacks all look nice, but they dont paint the whole pitcure. And Drive isnt enough to be a starting QB in this league. He doesnt have enough TALENT. His DRIVE doesnt overcome his lack of TALENT.

5. I will say this one last time- Bill Belichick will not be replacing Tom Brady with Tim Tebow at any point. And to suggest this is stupid and shows that you AND that ridiculous article are only making this a point to get Jet fans riled up. If Bill Belichick wanted Tim Tebow, he would have him already.

You're the same guy I fought tooth and nail with in the preseason about whether Sanchez was a MUCH better QB than Tebow, it wasn't even close. Well, we've already figured that one out. Now you've moved on to McElroy. Clever.

1. You're not a Jets fan, but use Jet in your screen name. Strike One.

2. See us blow what? This team sucked last year. They suck again. We're not blowing anything.

3. Concussions HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME FOR YEARS! THIS IS NOTHING NEW. STOP BEING MISLED BY THE MEDIA.

4. Yes. Tebow does have a lot of drive. And yes, we should not hold him to his performance this year when reviewing his ability as a QB as he's been used incorrectly. We should hold him to how he has performed in the past. Comebacks all look nice, but they dont paint the whole pitcure. And Drive isnt enough to be a starting QB in this league. He doesnt have enough TALENT. His DRIVE doesnt overcome his lack of TALENT.

5. I will say this one last time- Bill Belichick will not be replacing Tom Brady with Tim Tebow at any point. And to suggest this is stupid and shows that you AND that ridiculous article are only making this a point to get Jet fans riled up. If Bill Belichick wanted Tim Tebow, he would have him already.

I have been playing and watching football since before you were born...

BB doesn't just wave his hand and get what he wants.. he has to have idiots like Tannenbaum pass on them first...

Hey, I am not the only one that sees BB's interest in Tebow..if it riles you up, then good.!. Who the **** are you to say I am not a JETS fan.. I was rooting for the JETS in 1964... where were you sweetness ?

Bellly has acquired every available 08 Gator he can get his hands on, it isn't that far outside the realm of possibility that eventually Tom BRady will leave the game... of course, if you have a little ittly bitty small brain, you probably can't fathom things like decades and retirement and such..or things like what brilliant minds do when left unfettered by bullsh*t.

BB doesn't just wave his hand and get what he wants.. he has to have idiots like Tannenbaum pass on them first...

Hey, I am not the only one that sees BB's interest in Tebow..if it riles you up, then good.!. Who the **** are you to say I am not a JETS fan.. I was rooting for the JETS in 1964... where were you sweetness ?

Bellly has acquired every available 08 Gator he can get his hands on, it isn't that far outside the realm of possibility that eventually Tom BRady will leave the game... of course, if you have a little ittly bitty small brain, you probably can't fathom things like decades and retirement and such..or things like what brilliant minds do when left unfettered by bullsh*t.

You've been playing and watching and yet are so football dumb?? :rl: Classic.

Sweetness? Oh dear lord.

No, I am not a season ticket holder.. I relegated myself to college ball a long time ago...when the scum and prima donna types took over the NFL. When I was a NFL fan

Umm... thought you were a Jets fan since 1964? :rl: too good.

Hey, I am not the only one that sees BB's interest in Tebow..if it riles you up, then good.!

It doesnt "rile" me up. I dont care. But thats what YOU were trying to do. You were trying to stoke the patriots hate by saying Belichick would be interested in this guy. He wouldnt be. Even when Brady retires in 5 years. And Belly could have easily had him in the offseason. Why didnt he go and get him? BECAUSE HE HAS NO INTEREST.

, if you have a little ittly bitty small brain, you probably can't fathom things like decades and retirement and such..or things like what brilliant minds do when left unfettered by bullsh*t.

No i cant. My pea brain cant process that Tom Brady may retire! :rl: And what brilliant minds? You? Oh dear lord. Here's an idea... If belichick is SOOOOOOOOOOOO interested in Tebow, go to Pats message boards and spread your cheer. Have fun.

You are just too funny with trying to pull sh!t out of the air and trying to make some silly points.

You've been playing and watching and yet are so football dumb?? :rl: Classic.

Sweetness? Oh dear lord.

Umm... thought you were a Jets fan since 1964? :rl: too good.

It doesnt "rile" me up. I dont care. But thats what YOU were trying to do. You were trying to stoke the patriots hate by saying Belichick would be interested in this guy. He wouldnt be. Even when Brady retires in 5 years. And Belly could have easily had him in the offseason. Why didnt he go and get him? BECAUSE HE HAS NO INTEREST.

No i cant. My pea brain cant process that Tom Brady may retire! :rl: And what brilliant minds? You? Oh dear lord. Here's an idea... If belichick is SOOOOOOOOOOOO interested in Tebow, go to Pats message boards and spread your cheer. Have fun.

You are just too funny with trying to pull sh!t out of the air and trying to make some silly points.

Oh, I get it.. you're one of those people who think to really be a "fan" you have to be stuck with them, even when they fire the good coach, and buy the sh*tty player, and hire the scum, and release the star...etc.. Not me.

Something about maturity just automatically stops the self mutilating behavior.. it might not come to you, though..some people know EVERYTHiNG.. then , they grow up.

Oh, I get it.. you're one of those people who think to really be a "fan" you have to be stuck with them, even when they fire the good coach, and buy the sh*tty player, and hire the scum, and release the star...etc.. Not me.

Something about maturity just automatically stops the self mutilating behavior.. it might not come to you, though..some people know EVERYTHiNG.. then , they grow up.

Im one of those people who thinks being a fan means watching the games, following the team... you know... BEING A FANATIC.

You're more of a casual fan. One who tunes in when they have a reason to. If thats what you want, fine by me. My life doesnt change one tiny bit because of how you root for a team.

And maturity has nothing to do with being a fan or not. I guess my 68yr old father has never matured in your eyes since he's been a die hard since they began.

I never claimed to know ANYTHING, no less EVERYTHING. Only pompous assh0les like you like to throw stupid phrases like that out there to belittle and demean. For someone to claims to know maturity, its amazing how you've shown none here at JN.

And the best part about assh0les like you is you eventually disappear again never to be heard from once their reason for existence is no longer there.

I love that reference. Clearly in such a high skill set sport like football, playing longer, and watching the game longer, means you are better. This is why I have heard you are next up for coaching the Jets. I keep reading in the paper "fan that has played football for long time, wants Tebow, and will lead Jets to victories".

When I first started watching football in 1996, i knew it was a long road for me to catch up to great fans like that dude that thinks Cotchery is the best receiver in the NFL and yourself. I figure, once all of you old guys start dropping dead, that I will have the insite to proclaim Tebow the next great QB.

Tebow is not only the best QB in the NFL, but he is also the best person in the country. I cannot wait for this realization to become even more main stream.

I love that reference. Clearly in such a high skill set sport like football, playing longer, and watching the game longer, means you are better. This is why I have heard you are next up for coaching the Jets. I keep reading in the paper "fan that has played football for long time, wants Tebow, and will lead Jets to victories".

When I first started watching football in 1996, i knew it was a long road for me to catch up to great fans like that dude that thinks Cotchery is the best receiver in the NFL and yourself. I figure, once all of you old guys start dropping dead, that I will have the insite to proclaim Tebow the next great QB.

Tebow is not only the best QB in the NFL, but he is also the best person in the country. I cannot wait for this realization to become even more main stream.

Actually that was well thought out, but you're barking up the wrong tree.. I don't portend to know anything, but I am entitled to have an opinion, and it's okee dokee too if I have to point out to whomever the key board jockey is on the other end, that I am not some complete idiot.. in regards to the game.

Thanks for piling on.. cool, doesn't change my opinion one iota.

Archived