To be straight up Slats, I personally have grown fond of the incredible level of negativity and sarcastic insinuation of the JETS fans... and I HATE to see you guys blow it again..
The JETS have been so long without a champion involved with their team.. I'm trying to save y'alls ass..frickin Gmac can't do it buddy..sry to break it to you.
No, I am not a season ticket holder.. I relegated myself to college ball a long time ago...when the scum and prima donna types took over the NFL. When I was a NFL fan, I was playing in high school.. it was football. There was no instant replay, there was no concussions all over the place, the NFL has long since changed for something..not sure what yet.
We now have five or six really good QBs in this league at any given time...the rest of the teams have to figure out how to use what they have..and ALL of teh owners and FO's are constantly wondering if they will get lucky or RG3y..
So, meanwhile the league is relegated to an occasional RAvens or Bucs worming their way into the SB via defense.
What many people see in Tebow, like me, is a pure football player with incredible drive, none of which we have seen any of this year. NOTHING Tebow has done this year should even be counted as "his performance", as he has been used in every way BUT what he is good at.. You just don't see guys like this very often, that is why the old timers like me love the guy.. he is like a blast from the past. It may not work out for him..but like was mentioned in another article I read.."don't be surprised in BB picks tim up as heir apparent to BRady.."
That would really be the shyte for the Jets, no ?
1. You're not a Jets fan, but use Jet in your screen name. Strike One.
2. See us blow what? This team sucked last year. They suck again. We're not blowing anything.
3. Concussions HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME FOR YEARS! THIS IS NOTHING NEW. STOP BEING MISLED BY THE MEDIA.
4. Yes. Tebow does have a lot of drive. And yes, we should not hold him to his performance this year when reviewing his ability as a QB as he's been used incorrectly. We should hold him to how he has performed in the past. Comebacks all look nice, but they dont paint the whole pitcure. And Drive isnt enough to be a starting QB in this league. He doesnt have enough TALENT. His DRIVE doesnt overcome his lack of TALENT.
5. I will say this one last time- Bill Belichick will not be replacing Tom Brady with Tim Tebow at any point. And to suggest this is stupid and shows that you AND that ridiculous article are only making this a point to get Jet fans riled up. If Bill Belichick wanted Tim Tebow, he would have him already.
Edited by Lil Bit Special, 07 December 2012 - 10:58 AM.