Hey guys I'm new here! Thoughts on the tiny playoff window...

Havnt

In order for the Jets to have a chance at that wildcard spot two of the following need to happen:

A.) Colts lose 3/4 (Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans)

B.) Steelers lose 3/4 (Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns)

C.) Bengals lose 2/4 (Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens)

This takes into account the fact that the Jets have the tiebreaker on the colts and that the steelers have the tiebreaker on the jets and the jets (should) have the tiebreaker on the bengals for having the better divisional record. Especially with Ben coming back, I don't see the Jets leaping over Pittsburgh and I'm more than concerned that the Texans might not play Luck to hard as they have clenched the division (Then again, last year in week 17 assuming the Jets beat Miami they would have needed the already clenched Texans to beat the Bengals and they still played their starters so theres at least a precedent of them not sitting pre-playoffs.)

Which do you believe are the most likely?

Edit: To me the storybook ending would be the Bengals losing to the cowboys then beating the eagles and steelers; the steelers end up beating the chargers then losing to the boys and bengals and finally the browns giving the browns a massive moral victory over the divisional opponent by knocking them out of contention while the Ravens do the same to the Bengals. To hell with the god damned steelers. This would make week 17 end the season so magically for the jets.

Pretty pessimistic. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanchez be completely unable to move the ball against the Jaguars leading up to a pick that throws McElgod back into the QB position before halftime.

Edit: Love the Landry avatar. That dude is a straight beast.... I'm dreading the offseason with his one-year contract...

In order for the Jets to have a chance at that wildcard spot two of the following need to happen:

This takes into account the fact that the Jets have the tiebreaker on the colts and that the steelers have the tiebreaker on the jets and the jets (should) have the tiebreaker on the bengals for having the better divisional record. Especially with Ben coming back, I don't see the Jets leaping over Pittsburgh and I'm more than concerned that the Texans might not play Luck to hard as they have clenched the division (Then again, last year in week 17 assuming the Jets beat Miami they would have needed the already clenched Texans to beat the Bengals and they still played their starters so theres at least a precedent of them not sitting pre-playoffs.)

Edit: To me the storybook ending would be the Bengals losing to the cowboys then beating the eagles and steelers; the steelers end up beating the chargers then losing to the boys and bengals and finally the browns giving the browns a massive moral victory over the divisional opponent by knocking them out of contention while the Ravens do the same to the Bengals. To hell with the god damned steelers. This would make week 17 end the season so magically for the jets.

I love it when my team clenches.

i don't even care about the playoffs. If they win every game out and don't make the playoff's, i'm really happy with that effort. 9-7 without Revis would be a great job by all.

1. We're not winning out. I'm gonna go ahead and guarantee that.

2. Great job by ALL??? Seriously?

Who is this?

i don't even care about the playoffs. If they win every game out and don't make the playoff's, i'm really happy with that effort. 9-7 without Revis would be a great job by all.

Without the league's best defender, without your best offensive player and with the worst Qb in the league?

It would be the coaching job of the year.

No they wouldnt. They'd all want him fired still and credit the run to the schedule.

The schedule is awful, if he does not run the table, with his decisions to keep Sanchez in, and his quoted most talented team ever, he should be fired.

The schedule this year has been cake, and right now they are two games under 500

Aaaand 3/4 ain't bad!

A.) Colts lose 3/3 (Texans, Chiefs, Texans)

B.) Steelers lose 2/3 (Cowboys, Bengals, Browns)

C.) Bengals lose 1/3 (Eagles, Steelers, Ravens)

Remember, before this week we needed 10/16 games at worst to go our way, we now need 8/12 at worst or 6/12 at best to go our way! Death to the steelers!

Also remember my storybook ending is the steelers and the begals getting knocked our of contention in week 17! Looks possible! GO BROWNS GO COWBOYS! GO EAGLES! #teamunderdog

WELCOME!

but the real question is do you like sanchez!?!?!?

Hate the guy, GO MCELGOD!

Archived