Hey guys I'm new here! Thoughts on the tiny playoff window...

Havnt

Aaaand 3/4 ain't bad!

A.) Colts lose 3/3 (Texans, Chiefs, Texans)

B.) Steelers lose 2/3 (Cowboys, Bengals, Browns)

C.) Bengals lose 1/3 (Eagles, Steelers, Ravens)

Remember, before this week we needed 10/16 games at worst to go our way, we now need 8/12 at worst or 6/12 at best to go our way! Death to the steelers!

Also remember my storybook ending is the steelers and the begals getting knocked our of contention in week 17! Looks possible! GO BROWNS GO COWBOYS! GO EAGLES! #teamunderdog

Hate the guy, GO MCELGOD!

The Jets can actually make it with both Pitt, and Cincy only lose 1 more game, it would have to fall perfect thou, Cincy loses in Philly, then beats Pitt, and Balt. and Pitt only loses to Cincy, then Cincy breaks the tie with Pitt, and goes head to head with us in tiebreakers, I'm pretty sure we tie with them all the way to strength of victory, and that doesn't look good unless Indy, Miami, St Louis, Arizona, Tenn, SD, and Buff, win all their games except the ones they play us in the rest of the year! But if one, or both lose next week, then the loser of their game, they play each other is pretty much out, I'm hoping for a Pitt lose at Dallas, and a Cincy win over Pitt, and a Balt. Win over Cincy, with a Jets win out they are in, and it's not as crazy as it used to sound.

But I'll tell you this, if Rex TRULELY believes this team can win out, and make the playoffs, he HAS to gamble, and go get 1, or maybe even 2 WR's, and not mardy Gilyard, I'm talking (I've never said this before, but desperate times call for desperate measures) Braylon Edwards, I know he is not as physically gifted as he used to be, but there is no denying him, and Mark connected, this would take Tanny swallowing his pride, and unfortunately I don't see it, and even crazier, at the very least bring TO, and Chad Johnson for a tryout, I know they are locker room cancers, but if by some crazy miracle the Jets get in the playoffs you can't lineup Schillens, Gilyard, Kerley, Rueland out there in a playoff game it would be more embarrassing than watching TO, or Chad blow up on the QB, or Coach TBH, teams already looked at as a joke **** it what else do u have to lose?

The Jets can actually make it with both Pitt, and Cincy only lose 1 more game, it would have to fall perfect thou, Cincy loses in Philly, then beats Pitt, and Balt. and Pitt only loses to Cincy, then Cincy breaks the tie with Pitt, and goes head to head with us in tiebreakers, I'm pretty sure we tie with them all the way to strength of victory, and that doesn't look good unless Indy, Miami, St Louis, Arizona, Tenn, SD, and Buff, win all their games except the ones they play us in the rest of the year! But if one, or both lose next week, then the loser of their game, they play each other is pretty much out, I'm hoping for a Pitt lose at Dallas, and a Cincy win over Pitt, and a Balt. Win over Cincy, with a Jets win out they are in, and it's not as crazy as it used to sound.

But I'll tell you this, if Rex TRULELY believes this team can win out, and make the playoffs, he HAS to gamble, and go get 1, or maybe even 2 WR's, and not mardy Gilyard, I'm talking (I've never said this before, but desperate times call for desperate measures) Braylon Edwards, I know he is not as physically gifted as he used to be, but there is no denying him, and Mark connected, this would take Tanny swallowing his pride, and unfortunately I don't see it, and even crazier, at the very least bring TO, and Chad Johnson for a tryout, I know they are locker room cancers, but if by some crazy miracle the Jets get in the playoffs you can't lineup Schillens, Gilyard, Kerley, Rueland out there in a playoff game it would be more embarrassing than watching TO, or Chad blow up on the QB, or Coach TBH, teams already looked at as a joke **** it what else do u have to lose?

Pretty sure Pitt needs to lose two as they have the head-to-head tie-breaker against us, as they beat us in the first few weeks of the season. I think that fact right there kinda ruins this whole scenario you just typed out. Pitt would have to lose two and Cinci would have to lose one; I would imagine you just hope for cinci and pitt losing this weekend and then cinci winning the following week and we'd be set. Doubt it happens, but it's possible.

I'm brand new here! Been a fan since '05, the very first game I went to was the wonderful thanksgiving game...

You've been a fan since '05 and your first game was the buttface one?

How did you not throw in the toweI ? lol

Welcome aboard !

Please. Even you don't believe that nonsense. If we had beat a few good teams maybe.

Coach of the year was extreme. Maybe to not that degree but Rex is doing a hell of job. Its amazing this team can win a single ball game with Mark Sanchez as their QB. Throw in the loss of the best defender in the land and your 2 best skillz players for the year and the circus created by the GM/Owner ...I'm dead serious when I say this has been a hell of a coaching job.

We beat Arizona 7 to 6 just barely

Seattle beat them 54 to 0.

It is called winning ugly

i've seen variations of this point made in several threads. if anyone watched any part of that game, youll know why they stuck with Lindley last week. Skelton was even worse.

Pretty sure Pitt needs to lose two as they have the head-to-head tie-breaker against us, as they beat us in the first few weeks of the season. I think that fact right there kinda ruins this whole scenario you just typed out. Pitt would have to lose two and Cinci would have to lose one; I would imagine you just hope for cinci and pitt losing this weekend and then cinci winning the following week and we'd be set. Doubt it happens, but it's possible.

What everyone forgets is in a 3 way tie where 2 teams are from the same division those 2 teams go head to head in tiebreakers first, and the loser is eliminated from playoff consideration regardless of their tiebreakers with the 3rd team, then the winner goes up against the 3rd team in tiebreaker scenarios. It's a very weird rule only the NFL has, but it might help the Jets out.

Coach of the year was extreme. Maybe to not that degree but Rex is doing a hell of job. Its amazing this team can win a single ball game with Mark Sanchez as their QB. Throw in the loss of the best defender in the land and your 2 best skillz players for the year and the circus created by the GM/Owner ...I'm dead serious when I say this has been a hell of a coaching job.

Preach on Jif, if I recall didn't we wipe the floor with a 9-4 team to the tune of 30-9?

What everyone forgets is in a 3 way tie where 2 teams are from the same division those 2 teams go head to head in tiebreakers first, and the loser is eliminated from playoff consideration regardless of their tiebreakers with the 3rd team, then the winner goes up against the 3rd team in tiebreaker scenarios. It's a very weird rule only the NFL has, but it might help the Jets out.

Completely unaware of that rule, especially since it sounds too obscure to be true, but if so, then that is fantastic news. Good find.

Rex had as big a part in creating the circus as the GM and owner. Rex did squat when Holmes became a cancer.

Which W this season was impressive in that it was a game we were not supposed to win and Rex somehow coached us to victory?

I like Rex but he is best suited as a DC. He has been in over his head since not getting the team up for the AFC title game against Pitt.

True that Rex admitted to not knowing his team last year-damning himself. Not having control over your team and letting the bad apples roam sorry does not fly in my book as a great coach

Spot on. It is hilarious to read this thread and see the same guys who rightfully murder Sanchez give Rex a pass for a litany of bufoon like actions.

Rex had as big a part in creating the circus as the GM and owner. Rex did squat when Holmes became a cancer.

Which W this season was impressive in that it was a game we were not supposed to win and Rex somehow coached us to victory?

I like Rex but he is best suited as a DC. He has been in over his head since not getting the team up for the AFC title game against Pitt.

The Colts. They destroyed them.

Which HC in the league, lost the best defensive player in the land, there best offensive weapon and have the worst QB in the league who are technically in the playoff conversation and at least, more than likely, are going to finish with a .500 record or better?

True that Rex admitted to not knowing his team last year-damning himself. Not having control over your team and letting the bad apples roam sorry does not fly in my book as a great coach

I think humility and admitting to mistakes is a great characteristic of a leader. Rex has only been a HC for 4 years now. Learning on the job, adjusting, taking steps to ensure you dont make those mistakes again is a good thing. He clearly out sourced the offense thinking Schotty could handle it and Schotty couldnt handle it. So he vowed to get more involved and hired a disciplinary who's team never quite on him, was more than likely the wrong choice, but who knows the poor guy is stuck with Sanchez.

Spot on. It is hilarious to read this thread and see the same guys who rightfully murder Sanchez give Rex a pass for a litany of bufoon like actions.

Speaking of learning from buffoon actions - Rex in his presser today didnt guarantee a playoff spot, in fact, under .500 he said the Jets didnt deserve to be in the conversation.

Sanchez is much worse than Rex Ryan at his job. I think its impressive to be able to pull off wins with that guy as your QB. As much as you dont get how people can excuse Rex, I dont see how people cant accept how thats impressive and speaks volumes to your coaching ability. Winning despite your QB is ridiculously hard in todays NFL.

Well there's a major difference you're overlooking. Operating under the assumption that Rex knows nothing about offense, he is at least extremely skilled in a singular aspect of what his job entails, whereas Sanchez is literally skilled at nothing pertaining to his. I'm not lauding Rex for beating up on the dredges of the league, but I feel as though he's winning in spite of Sanchez, whereas I've never felt that Sanchez had to fight to win becuase of his coach's mistakes.

One note; even when the Jets were 4-7, every single one of them believed they were going to make the playoffs and never seemed to quit. Say what you will about his glaring flaws, his guys don't quit on him and that speaks pretty highly.

That is true, it was an obvious and egregious mistake on his part. However, he seems to have learned from it and that's about as much as you can ask. It's pretty much status-quo that an extremely successful coaches struggle with their first job and don't really show growth from those stints until they have time to reflect and get a second chance. Happened with most of the greats. I would just assume keep Rex, let him learn from his flaws as opposed to having us be his starter wife and then having him succeed elsewhere...in which we'll probably get stuck in another four year cycle of hiring and firing a coach.

The Colts. They destroyed them.

Which HC in the league, lost the best defensive player in the land, there best offensive weapon and have the worst QB in the league who are technically in the playoff conversation and at least, more than likely, are going to finish with a .500 record or better?

I think humility and admitting to mistakes is a great characteristic of a leader. Rex has only been a HC for 4 years now. Learning on the job, adjusting, taking steps to ensure you dont make those mistakes again is a good thing. He clearly out sourced the offense thinking Schotty could handle it and Schotty couldnt handle it. So he vowed to get more involved and hired a disciplinary who's team never quite on him, was more than likely the wrong choice, but who knows the poor guy is stuck with Sanchez.

Speaking of learning from buffoon actions - Rex in his presser today didnt guarantee a playoff spot, in fact, under .500 he said the Jets didnt deserve to be in the conversation.

Sanchez is much worse than Rex Ryan at his job. I think its impressive to be able to pull off wins with that guy as your QB. As much as you dont get how people can excuse Rex, I dont see how people cant accept how thats impressive and speaks volumes to your coaching ability. Winning despite your QB is ridiculously hard in todays NFL.

Jets were favored against and supposed to beat the Colts. Winning inspite of your QB is impressive if you actually beat a good team or two. Rex has not done that this year.

Rex also allowed the idiot offense we saw this year of pulling his QB off the field after a completion for a 1st down in order to run TeBow into the middle of the line. Worse, he lined his QB up at WR during the majority of those plays.

Rex also has to take some blame for Sanchez and his tremendous regression. Most everyone in football and on this site thought Sanchez was a 15-20 ranked NFL QB and on the rise after the 2010 post season. What exactly has Rex done to keep Sanchez on that track or to coach him up since 2010? Burress-Holmes and Mason? Bringing inTebow the QB who shares the same agent as Rex?

Did he jump in when Holmes told Sanchez that he was a SB MVP and to go practice the routes with someone else? No he mumbled something along the lines that he was unaware how bad HIS locker room had become. The locker room he was so on top of that he named captains and then cancelled them after seeing how awful some of his choices were.

Giving kudos to Rex for finally shutting his mouth in todays press conf after 4 years of stupid comments is as bad as Rex saying Sanchez played well Sunday because he did not lose the game for us.

Yeah kudos to Rex for beating the likes of the Colts, Fins, Bills, Cards and Jags.

Nice post GS.

The team has been built backwards. Rex took advantage of a pretty talented team his first two seasons, implemented his aggressive defense and caught lightning in a bottle at the end of each season with the playoff runs. Problem was, things were ignored(like this organization tends to constantly do) talent falls off a cliff, completely mismanage the pick we invested so much and and this is where we are. Celebrating 7-6 wins over the Cardinals and how our defense has jumped into the top 10.

Jets were favored against and supposed to beat the Colts. Winning inspite of your QB is impressive if you actually beat a good team or two. Rex has not done that this year.

Rex also allowed the idiot offense we saw this year of pulling his QB off the field after a completion for a 1st down in order to run TeBow into the middle of the line. Worse, he lined his QB up at WR during the majority of those plays.

Rex also has to take some blame for Sanchez and his tremendous regression. Most everyone in football and on this site thought Sanchez was a 15-20 ranked NFL QB and on the rise after the 2010 post season. What exactly has Rex done to keep Sanchez on that track or to coach him up since 2010? Burress-Holmes and Mason? Bringing inTebow the QB who shares the same agent as Rex?

Did he jump in when Holmes told Sanchez that he was a SB MVP and to go practice the routes with someone else? No he mumbled something along the lines that he was unaware how bad HIS locker room had become. The locker room he was so on top of that he named captains and then cancelled them after seeing how awful some of his choices were.

Giving kudos to Rex for finally shutting his mouth in todays press conf after 4 years of stupid comments is as bad as Rex saying Sanchez played well Sunday because he did not lose the game for us.

Yeah kudos to Rex for beating the likes of the Colts, Fins, Bills, Cards and Jags.

Dont forget the Rams.

And you're pointing to things in his past that he's learned from. Tebow was clearly forced on him. He is now working him out of the offense. Not sure you can coach up Sanchez. I'm sure they are coaching him to be awful. All those things considered, his team is once again, in the playoff conversation. Go figure.

Nice post GS.

The team has been built backwards. Rex took advantage of a pretty talented team his first two seasons, implemented his aggressive defense and caught lightning in a bottle at the end of each season with the playoff runs. Problem was, things were ignored(like this organization tends to constantly do) talent falls off a cliff, completely mismanage the pick we invested so much and and this is where we are. Celebrating 7-6 wins over the Cardinals and how our defense has jumped into the top 10.

Pretty sure its all about catching lightening in bottle at the end of the season. And despite this huge talent fall off you speak of, he still manages to win games, despite all the other adversity he has to overcome.

Dont forget the Rams.

And you're pointing to things in his past that he's learned from. Tebow was clearly forced on him. He is now working him out of the offense. Not sure you can coach up Sanchez. I'm sure they are coaching him to be awful. All those things considered, his team is once again, in the playoff conversation. Go figure.

Yep- thanks to a weak schedule the Jets at 6-7 are in the play-off coversation momentarily despite the best efforts of Woody-Tanny-Rex and Sanchez.

Pretty sure its all about catching lightening in bottle at the end of the season. And despite this huge talent fall off you speak of, he still manages to win games, despite all the other adversity he has to overcome.

We win games against other sh*t teams. If these past two seasons of Jets football excite you and you think we're going in the right direction, let alone any direction...then we just see the sport differently.

We win games against other sh*t teams. If these past two seasons of Jets football excite you and you think we're going in the right direction, let alone any direction...then we just see the sport differently.

Never said that. Just talking about Rex's ability to coach what he's got.

And I do think a new QB changes everything.

Another good week for the playoff possiblities! Now we just need 1loss for the steelers and bengals who play each other next week and/or 2 losses from the colts! (Assuming of course we beat the Titans)

Can any of you imagine what NY sports radio would be like if the GIANTS miss the playoffs and the JETS make them!? Hahaha...

Archived