Since we are likely stuck with Sanchez for another year....

Klecko73isGod

even if that were true, the time to trade Revis is not after an ACL tear. His value is at a low. (and it's still a terrible awful bad move)

Revis will recover fine, look at all day peterson mon, Revis tear was no where near as severe. His workouts will end any doubt. He will still garner some nice picks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to clarify earlier comment, flynn avg's 6.5 m a year. smith averages 8 mil. sanchez contract has averged 13.5 mil. Owners are willing to eat some money but not that much. whoever is in charge of the Jets next year, that fact doesn't change. and if Mark is so damn terrible and 2013 is rebuilding then there's no downside in letting him play. especially cause the QB class is so weak this draft.

You keep saying this over and over again, but it doesn't make it true.

The Jets can cut Sanchez with a nice cap savings in 2014. If that's the route they see themselves taking, then they'll be trying out whoever they can at QB in 2013 - especially if Mark is terrible and the team is in rebuilding mode.

the Jets have to pay sanchez, even if he's not on the team. Why cut him? It's fully guaranteed money.

if you want to rebuild for 2014 and sanchez sucks than why cut him? Ride his suckyness to the #1 pick.

btw trading revis for picks would be the worst football move ever. no way to get value for that.

I wouldn't cut Sanchez, I'd ask him to renegotiate to make it possible to trade him. When he says no, I'd sign Moore on the cheap, cut Tebow, promote McElroy to 2 and deactivate Sanchez. See if he's willing to renegotiate then when you take him out of football for a year, likely ending any shot of having a career after.

Our best hope is Sanchez wanting out as much as we want him out. That may already be the case.

As for Revis, your hyperbole falls flat as the value you get for a 15M CB isn't there either. Every team in the history of the NFL who has won a Super Bowl has done so without Revis. Jets could too. And, as they are likely gonna be just as bad next year, two 1s is appealing.

Archived