Either Fire Rex after the year or give him a contract extension.

unbanmadmike1

If the Jets don't do one of those two things it will be clear, once again that they have no idea what they are doing as a franchise. If they bring him back as a lame duck, he's going to be fired after the season when it's the disaster we all know it's going to be that will just set the franchise back ANOTHER year. If he stays he needs to have the extension to separate him from the Sanchez black hole of awfulness and give him the freedom to think about the long term health of the franchise and not what gives the jets the best chance to beat a garbage team when they are already out of the playoffs.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see 3 scenarios with this mess:

1) The whole crew is back next year, but no extension for Rex.

2) Tannenbaum throws Rex under the bus to keep his job.

3) Tannenbaum is fired, new GM decides what to do with Rex.

Option 3 is preferable. Option 1 or 2 will happen. I stab myself repeatedly while somewhere T0mShane laughs.

If the Jets don't do one of those two things it will be clear, once again that they have no idea what they are doing as a franchise. If they bring him back as a lame duck, he's going to be fired after the season when it's the disaster we all know it's going to be that will just set the franchise back ANOTHER year. If he stays he needs to have the extension to separate him from the Sanchez black hole of awfulness and give him the freedom to think about the long term health of the franchise and not what gives the jets the best chance to beat a garbage team when they are already out of the playoffs.

So... if you can't get rid of the guy you don't want, give him more money? Like Sanchez.

How is he a good HEAD coach? He's lost and clueless about his team.

No losing seasons with the worst QB in the league. John and Jim Harbaugh have better QB's and accomplished no more than what Rex has. Difference is those guys have someone who can actually shop for groceries.

The fact that he's sticking with Sanchez is his only fireable offense. And we don't even know for sure if it was truly his call just yet.

No losing seasons with the worst QB in the league. John and Jim Harbaugh have better QB's and accomplished no more than what Rex has. Difference is those guys have someone who can actually shop for groceries.

The fact that he's sticking with Sanchez is his only fireable offense. And we don't even know for sure if it was truly his call just yet.

Ah the losing seasons argument. Love those. Proves nothing, but at least gives the footsniffer fans something to hang their hat on.

He lacks in organizational control and knowledge of his team and how to lead them. Thats whats needed and he doesnt have it. He's a great D coach. Wish he was our D Coor only. But, he's not.

You are one of the more clueless football posters on this board.

Rex shares a HUGE part of the blame in the worst QB in the league.

From picking him.....

To developing him.....

To the OC's.......

To the talent around him.....

Rex is clueless.

He is a DC, nothing more.

Rex is as big of a part of the personnel, if not more than Tanny.

Good coaches don't lose their locker room.

Good coaches don't ignore the offense, which would be fine if there was actually a good coach on that side of the ball.

Good coaches don't change their offensive strategy every damn year, from ground and pound, to air it out, back to ground and pound.

Good coaches don't leave in an incompetent QB for way longer than they should.

Rex SUCKS!

He is AWFUL as a HC, AWFUL.

He is a good enough DC to have a decent team, nothing more.

If they extend Rex, I vomit.

It may push me over the edge of being a Jet fan.

I am getting too old to tolerate incompetence.

why exactly is Rex a bad head coach? cause he talks alot? can any1 point to a specific coaching decision that was terrible?

I like you but I can't tell if you're trolling half the time, our biggest prime time game we didn't really have a back up QB as our starter had a performance that can only be described as an abortion. He's a good defensive coach, he's lost as a head coach.

he does have some skills to be used. But its not just about the misuse of Tebow. Its the misuse of this entire team.

Disagree there. There's no more important position than QB, and he's absolutely terrible. If you want to argue we lack talent on offense outside of Sanchez, fine, but that's primarily on Tannenbaum.

What has Rex mismanaged? Somehow we still have an elite pass defense without Revis and without generating a consistent pass rush, as usual. Somehow our old, slow LB's that would make for the worst run D in the league have been stopping some decent runners lately.

The only area where our drop-off has been surprising has been on special teams. Westhoff seems burnt out, and its probably a good thing this is his last year. But Rex shouldn't have allowed that unit to collapse. If Westhoff wasn't up for it for one more year, Rex could have probably done some things to make sure a successor was in place.

I like you but I can't tell if you're trolling half the time, our biggest prime time game we didn't really have a back up QB as our starter had a performance that can only be described as an abortion. He's a good defensive coach, he's lost as a head coach.

exactly.

He is a good enough DC to keep the team from completely sucking.

Which in some ways is worse than even Herm, because it is deceiving, and will keep him around way longer than he should be around.

Pretty sure his dog is Smash. They'd make a great GM/HC combo.

Not to mention his dog's football IQ is through the roof.

Thank god you're here. So many clueless posters but you're Football IQ is so high, its bound to rub off right?

Don't pat yourselves on the back.

My dog is clueless about football, knows nothing.

Just so happens he knows more than the two of you.

Yeah, Smash and I have such crazy ideas about football...

Build an offense with some talent in the modern day NFL, crazy, crazy thought.

See things as being screwed up way beyond just the QB.

Crazy, crazy stuff.

Oh wait, I forgot, calling out the fact that our offense is putrid including, but not limited to the QB is sacrilege around here.

Dopes

Archived