Either Fire Rex after the year or give him a contract extension.

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your entitled to your opinion, as much as I disagree.

I don't call people clueless for having an opinion, I call people clueless when they post out of emotion, and ignore blatant truths, to make their emotionally misplaced reality fit their argument.

I have had plenty of cordial disagreements with posters like Slats, that don't turn into posts like this, why? Because despite disagreeing with one another, it does not turn into the crap that you and your boy 80 turn it into.

I have no problem at all with differing opinions, I have had my opinion changed many, many times. But, it will have to be because of rational arguments, not the emotional rants reminiscent of pubescent teenage girls, that you and your clown crew like to engage in.

You're an a$$hole who thinks he has superior knowledge than anyone else, but you dont. You say you remove emotion, you dont. You're no different than anyone else here other than being an a$$hole to people who disagree.

You're an a$$hole who thinks he has superior knowledge than anyone else, but you dont. You say you remove emotion, you dont. You're no different than anyone else here other than being an a$$hole to people who disagree.

Whatever, you want to call me a$$hole, enjoy.....

I think you act like a baby.

If you disagree with people, you laugh at them, or make fun of them, or you reply with very sarcastic BS. Then, when they don't like it, you get your panties in a wad.

For example, I have posted things I have disagreed with Rex on, and you will reply with some sarcastic BS about how bad of a coach he is, and fire him, when we know you love him as much as he loves feet.

Or when I post something about how bad the offense is, you will reply with some BS LOL and call me a Sanchez lover or some other BS.

You think that is cool, yet me calling someone clueless is not, yet I am the righteous a$$hole?

Pass the bong to your right, youve had it too long.

I don't think I have superior knowledge to everyone, but I do think you and many others act like bunch of teenage girls with PMS.

Whatever, you want to call me a$$hole, enjoy.....

I think you act like a baby.

If you disagree with people, you laugh at them, or make fun of them, or you reply with very sarcastic BS. Then, when they don't like it, you get your panties in a wad.

For example, I have posted things I have disagreed with Rex on, and you will reply with some sarcastic BS about how bad of a coach he is, and fire him, when we know you love him as much as he loves feet.

Or when I post something about how bad the offense is, you will reply with some BS LOL and call me a Sanchez lover or some other BS.

You think that is cool, yet me calling someone clueless is not, yet I am the righteous a$$hole?

Pass the bong to your right, youve had it too long.

I don't think I have superior knowledge to everyone, but I do think you and many others act like bunch of teenage girls with PMS.

No losing seasons with the worst QB in the league. John and Jim Harbaugh have better QB's and accomplished no more than what Rex has. Difference is those guys have someone who can actually shop for groceries.

The fact that he's sticking with Sanchez is his only fireable offense. And we don't even know for sure if it was truly his call just yet.

You are one of the more clueless football posters on this board.

Rex shares a HUGE part of the blame in the worst QB in the league.

From picking him.....

To developing him.....

To the OC's.......

To the talent around him.....

Rex is clueless.

He is a DC, nothing more.

Rex is as big of a part of the personnel, if not more than Tanny.

Good coaches don't lose their locker room.

Good coaches don't ignore the offense, which would be fine if there was actually a good coach on that side of the ball.

Good coaches don't change their offensive strategy every damn year, from ground and pound, to air it out, back to ground and pound.

Good coaches don't leave in an incompetent QB for way longer than they should.

Rex SUCKS!

He is AWFUL as a HC, AWFUL.

He is a good enough DC to have a decent team, nothing more.

Yeah, you're really all into having good debates with people. No emotion in that post either.

Ass.Hole.

IMO Rex has a big say if not FINAL say in who gets drafted

it's flat out just not true. I've seen Rex at Senior Bowl and Combine situations the guy is more interested in catching up with old friends than watching the action. Tanny runs the draft and he relies on Terry and Clinks (before he left). believe it or not Rex has other fish to fry. If you want to fire someone for Mark, it's not Rex.

Show some class Jets fans!

Can we agree to disagree?

The OP has a point...one no doubt Woody will consider...personally I've come to the other conclusion...the Jets need new leadership...Rex has been exposed and I doubt the team rallies around him again...too much blather and bravado...too much coddling the potential franchise QB...too much hype not enough reality.

Can't say it hasn't been a fun ride...just a ride I'm ready to get off.

Jets fans?? Class? :rl:

it's flat out just not true. I've seen Rex at Senior Bowl and Combine situations the guy is more interested in catching up with old friends than watching the action. Tanny runs the draft and he relies on Terry and Clinks (before he left). believe it or not Rex has other fish to fry. If you want to fire someone for Mark, it's not Rex.

Rex thinks he can make every POS coming out of the draft a great player. Remember John Conner? Vernon Gholston? Maybin? He's completely incapable of player evaluation.

So you're saying when Rex should be paying attention, he's just farting off with old friends?

And Rex likes Fried Fish?

Rex thinks he can make every POS coming out of the draft a great player. Remember John Conner? Vernon Gholston? Maybin? He's completely incapable of player evaluation.

that's kinda why they have a whole department for it. What the f are we even arguing about? Coaches don't make the draft picks, period. Coaches don't evaluate talent. Coaches coach the players they have. You've got it in your head that head coach, which is a full time job, even in the offseason, is also the head scout and the general manager (2 other full time jobs). that's not how the league works, in 99% of the cases. If Rex had Belichek's power, maybe we could talk about it. But he doesn't pull the trigger on any of these picks.

that's kinda why they have a whole department for it. What the f are we even arguing about? Coaches don't make the draft picks, period. Coaches don't evaluate talent. Coaches coach the players they have. You've got it in your head that head coach, which is a full time job, even in the offseason, is also the head scout and the general manager (2 other full time jobs). that's not how the league works, in 99% of the cases. If Rex had Belichek's power, maybe we could talk about it. But he doesn't pull the trigger on any of these picks.

obviously its not a full time job if he's fu#cking off at a fish fry with old buddies of his instead of watching potential players.

So you're saying when Rex should be paying attention, he's just farting off with old friends?

meh. Rex is optional. I suspect they ask him about things he knows about such as defensive linemen (the mo wilkerson pick was awesome btw). I doubt the franchise would invest 50+ mil in mark on rex's say so.

Just the fact that Rex is at these functions should tell you he has a say . if hes catching up with old friends and not watching the action its further testament that hes an idiot and not paying attention.

meh. Rex is optional. I suspect they ask him about things he knows about such as defensive linemen (the mo wilkerson pick was awesome btw). I doubt the franchise would invest 50+ mil in mark on rex's say so.

you would think with such an inept front office rex, being the great head coach he is, would recognize this and want to be more involved with personnel, and maybe learn a thing or two about offense so his job wouldnt be in jeopardy. But, I guess he's so busy in the offseason doing who knows what.

But you're ignoring the fact that every media source says that Rex has had a huge amount of power in the draft room with this franchise.

if rex is responsible for all the picks and the player evalution, why do teams have scouts?

Everyone associated with the team is responsible. Why are people so hell bent on blaming 1 person for everything and refusing to share blame?

Rex is failing as HC. He SHOULD be involved in player acquisition. He shouldnt be the final say. But to have minimal to no input is ridiculously stupid and more cause to fire him.

Just the fact that Rex is at these functions should tell you he has a say . if hes catching up with old friends and not watching the action its further testament that hes an idiot and not paying attention.

That's the problem we seem to be stuck at here. Either Rex is partly to blame for the poor decisions the team has made in personnel, or he's a fool for not being involved at all. Either way, I'd rather he not be here anymore and let him go be a DC somewhere else. Im sure arizona needs one next year.

Yeah, you're really all into having good debates with people. No emotion in that post either.

Ass.Hole.

LOL, nice, way to pull up a post and ignore the MONTHS of history that lead to that type of response, in which that moron feels the need to neg virtually every post I have ever made, or all the times he bashes my opinion without a logical response, then hides behind the filter.

Don't worry, I get it, you need to stick up for your lovah.

My emotion is towards the individual moron poster, not the topic I am posting on.

I gave detailed reasons why I feel the way I do about Rex. You disagree with those reasons, lets debate, I am game.

Unlike you and many others who just throw out a bunch of BS and state it as gospel without a single reason to support your opinion, because of your emotions.

I am passionate about what I post, that does not mean I am letting emotion cloud my opinion. There is a difference, but I don't expect you to be able to decipher.

I completely believe that in a disagreement between the scouts and Rex, tannenbaum has gone with rex every time.

I believe that as well, up until this year, when I think the FO probably looked at the lack of talent on offense and had to start pushing back on Rex.

Ok so you want Rex to do his job and the scouts jobs too.

Archived