Rex: "Tebow will back up Sanchez if healthy"

NJ

Of course he will. It's his big homecoming.

And if you doubt even for a second that Rex would make a critical football decision based on something that stupid, I give you the Captain Santonio Holmes Experience.

Ya know ... I never looked at it from that perspective, but after thinking it over for a minute I'm glad he's going this route.

a.) if Marky Mark schwance's the offense on Sunday which is just as likely as it is unlikely - does Tebow present a pronounced, short term, downgrade vs. GMc? I don't think so.

b.) for all he is or isn't - Tim Tebow has done nothing but give a 150% effort in every respect to the Jets organization and NONE of the current "controversy" bull sh1t is on him as an individual. The kid just wants to play ball and does everything he's supposed to do x10, plus he's a world class good kid. If he should get a chance to get in the game Sunday - good for him - he deserves it in my book. Plus if the situation arises where he gets in the game - the .001% chance the Jets have of the play-offs is bye bye anyway.

c.) the time GMc could/would have played in Jacksonville means very little in his evaluation - there's many quarters of football left to see what he looks like after Sunday.

Ya know ... I never looked at it from that perspective, but after thinking it over for a minute I'm glad he's going this route.

a.) if Marky Mark schwance's the offense on Sunday which is just as likely as it is unlikely - does Tebow present a pronounced, short term, downgrade vs. GMc? I don't think so.

b.) for all he is or isn't - Tim Tebow has done nothing but give a 150% effort in every respect to the Jets organization and NONE of the current "controversy" bull sh1t is on him as an individual. The kid just wants to play ball and does everything he's supposed to do x10, plus he's a world class good kid. If he should get a chance to get in the game Sunday - good for him - he deserves it in my book. Plus if the situation arises where he gets in the game - the .001% chance the Jets have of the play-offs is bye bye anyway.

c.) the time GMc could/would have played in Jacksonville means very little in his evaluation - there's many quarters of football left to see what he looks like after Sunday.

So coming in and winning the game doesn't even get the kid a promotion to second string?

"Thanks for winning the game kid, now it's back to the third string".

So coming in and winning the game doesn't even get the kid a promotion to second string?

"Thanks for winning the game kid, now it's back to the third string".

meh i guess you could look at it that way but im a firm believer you shouldnt lose job due to injury

i think mcelroy and tebow should be infront of sanchez at this point but there is no guarantee tebow wouldnt have won the game last week too

meh i guess you could look at it that way but im a firm believer you shouldnt lose job due to injury

It's a nice saying, but of course players do lose their jobs when their substitute plays better than they did.

It's possibleTebow might have won the game Sunday, but he wasn't there and McElroy was and not only got it done, he infused the whole team with a huge dose of belief in themselves. The idea of tipping your hat to the youngster and then continuing on as you did before is unthinkable.

It's a nice saying, but of course players do lose their jobs when their substitute plays better than they did.

It's possibleTebow might have won the game Sunday, but he wasn't there and McElroy was and not only got it done, he infused the whole team with a huge dose of belief in themselves. The idea of tipping your hat to the youngster and then continuing on as you did before is unthinkable.

I think this had more to do with McElroy not being Sanchez than McElroy being McElroy. He threw for less than 30 yards. The Jets running game came alive. I may be wrong but if Tebow had come in, the team would have reacted the exact same way and I'm sure Tim would have done enough to win the game. Just my opinion, but I don't think Tebow should be demoted and don't think Greg did enough to bounce over the guy who was #2 all season.

I think this had more to do with McElroy not being Sanchez than McElroy being McElroy. He threw for less than 30 yards. The Jets running game came alive. I may be wrong but if Tebow had come in, the team would have reacted the exact same way and I'm sure Tim would have done enough to win the game. Just my opinion, but I don't think Tebow should be demoted and don't think Greg did enough to bounce over the guy who was #2 all season.

Gotta say, this is the first post that I've seen from any of you crazy Tebow nerds that I agree with.

I think this had more to do with McElroy not being Sanchez than McElroy being McElroy. He threw for less than 30 yards. The Jets running game came alive.

The Jets got significantly more yardage through penalties. At least part of that is the Jets started moving the ball, so the other team committed penalties trying to stop us. And why do you suppose the running game came alive? Because we developed some momentum.

Going from a guy who putzes around aimlessly before turning the ball over to a guy who neatly rolls to his right and hits the receiver in stride in the end zone has a distinctly energizing effect on the team.

So after this, we say to the kid, "Nice job. Now go sit on the bench behind the putz and the guy we never really wanted in the first place"?

Basically Rex is saying last Sunday never happened. Those 3 INTs were mirages. He needs to have the 2 most inacurate QBs available for duty. Doesn't he realize that this will enable the Jacksonville DBs to get a lot of INTs when our guys underthrow or throw behind receivers? So Mac won't even get a sniff this Sunday? Conspiracy Theory Moment: I wonder if Rex thought he could shut up the fans last week by having Mac go in and fail, and then Mac screwed things up?

I was walking around my place today when I thought I heard Herm Edwards bloviating. Lo and behold, there he was on my TV, babbling some nonsense about the Heisman. Alone, and involuntarily, I shouted "F#ck!"

I'm starting to feel the same inborn angst when I hear Rex speak.

Archived