The Jets can grow organically--We do not need an overhaul

FiremanEd42

The only change I would really make is at backup QB. The Tebow experiment was a huge failure, and the Jets need a better insurance policy in case Sanchez is hurt/ineffective.

The Jets #1 priority should be retaining the talent currently on the roster

Shonn Greene, Dustin Keller, Yeremiah Bell, Matt Slauson, Brandon Moore, Chaz Schillens and LaRon Landry are all Free Agents.

Priority #1 should be Landry-The guy has been a great asset for us despite some dumb penalties.

I would also like to try to retain Slauson and Moore as the oline is starting to play well--I am also not confident in Vlad Ducasse as an every down player.

Shonn Greene has proven to be an effective running back and every effort should be made to retain him. He and Powell could be our two headed monster for the next 2-3 seasons.

I would like to keep Keller and Bell as well, but I think we should look to find some youth at both positions.

In addition both Revis and Holmes should be back in 2013 after having nearly 12 months to heal--Hopefully the same doctor who performed Adrian Petersons surgery did Revis' as well.

Lets also not forget about our youth--Stephen Hill will get better as will Quinton Coples, Mo Wilkerson, and Kenrick Ellis. In addition Demario Davis should prove to be an upgrade over Bart Scott.

In the first round of the draft I think the Jets HAVE to go OLB or NT--Pace/Thomas have been good soldiers, but their days are clearly numbered. Pouha also has regressed significantly this season.

The offense should be much improved with another year in Coach Sparano's system.

it's probably not going to end well with this guy ...

As opposed to how it started?

I actually agree with part of the premise. I really don't feel that we have to blow it up. i understand where you guys are coming from, but that is regarding the direction more than the talent. The team has plenty of guys that belong on NFL rosters and I'd be happy with any of those guys back, but we need to upgrade the ones that leave and not overpay the ones that stay. The QB discussion is where the guy is obviously just ****ing with us. Greene is a fine NFL back - maybe not a Frank Gore/Stephen Jackson starter, but he can play. Of course "making every effort" to keep him sounds like another bad contract, but I'd be happy to have him back.

Yes no reason to blow up the entire team-we have some young guys like Wilerson, Coples and Hill that have promise.

Greene with a mix of backs is good enough to win . Still many holes and finding enough money to fill them right now

How anyone , coaching, ownership ..anyone, even my three year old neice noticed, could have missed the change in the JETS when someone else was in the huddle besides Sanchez is laughable.

It was like watching that guy get out of the water rat pen in Deerhunter... anyone but Sanchez, the JETS are a different team altogether.. a fighting team.

I would also like to try to retain Slauson and Moore as the oline is starting to play well--I am also not confident in Vlad Ducasse as an every down player.

Shonn Greene has proven to be an effective running back and every effort should be made to retain him. He and Powell could be our two headed monster for the next 2-3 seasons.

I would like to keep Keller and Bell as well, but I think we should look to find some youth at both positions.

I make no real effort to sign any of those guys, especially Shonn Greene. Let them see what they're (not) worth on the open market, then talk to them.

In the first round of the draft I think the Jets HAVE to go OLB or NT--Pace/Thomas have been good soldiers, but their days are clearly numbered. Pouha also has regressed significantly this season.

They have to go BAP right down the line. There isn't a position on this team that can't -or shouldn't be- be upgraded.

The offense should be much improved with another year in Coach Sparano's system.

o_0

How anyone , coaching, ownership ..anyone, even my three year old neice noticed, could have missed the change in the JETS when someone else was in the huddle besides Sanchez is laughable.

It was like watching that guy get out of the water rat pen in Deerhunter... anyone but Sanchez, the JETS are a different team altogether.. a fighting team.

Mark Sanchez gives this team the best chance to win

Greene is a fine NFL back - maybe not a Frank Gore/Stephen Jackson starter, but he can play.

I don't get your satisfaction with Greene, Dom. His 3.8 has to put him at the near the bottom but isn't a show stopper. It's the 2 carries of 20 yards or better that tells me we could and should look to do a lot better in the position. I know they were bell cowing him a bit due to his contract year, but don't know why Powell wasn't getting more looks when we really needed to get the ground game better established in every frikken game.

I don't get your satisfaction with Greene, Dom. His 3.8 has to put him at the near the bottom but isn't a show stopper. It's the 2 carries of 20 yards or better that tells me we could and should look to do a lot better in the position. I know they were bell cowing him a bit due to his contract year, but don't know why Powell wasn't getting more looks when we really needed to get the ground game better established in every frikken game.

Oh I am not satisfied with him this year at all. I no longer really like him as a starter and I don't want to pay him, but over his career they have gotten their money's worth out of the guy. I would be happy to have him back as part of the rotation if the price were reasonable.

*edited because I had "price weren't crazy" and there is a hell of a lot of wiggle room between reasonable and crazy and I wouldn't pay him anything in there.

Archived